What's new

The “I’m a Mike Conley hating bitch” list

images

I thought id wait 12 games or 15% of the season to really have a say. But it will take a huge turnaround to fix by then.

When Ricky couldn't hit his shots, at least he could affect the game. Conley, not so much. Yet.
This. He doesn't play in the offense, doesn't impact much on defense, if he isn't hitting then his impact on the game is very minimal. He doesn't create well for others. He can't rebound. His on ball defense is middling at best.

And what the hell is this offense we've been running anyway? 2 guys stand in the corner while we play 3 on 4 at the top of the key? It's been a lot of **** lately. We have devolved into hero ball instead of creating open shots. It's garbage.

This. He doesn't play in the offense, doesn't impact much on defense, if he isn't hitting then his impact on the game is very minimal. He doesn't create well for others. He can't rebound. His on ball defense is middling at best.

And what the hell is this offense we've been running anyway? 2 guys stand in the corner while we play 3 on 4 at the top of the key? It's been a lot of **** lately. We have devolved into hero ball instead of creating open shots. It's garbage.

BINGO! Yep, our smooth running offensive juggernaut from last season is now a thing of the past. Instead of keep things intact, we traded and are paying 30 million dollars a year for a square peg trying to fit into a round hole! A little tweaking was all that was needed not wholesale changes to our starting lineup and deep bench!

Besides when Conley's shot falls, he doesn't do much that Raul Neto couldn't do.

The Jazz already ran an unconventional system in today modern game that focused on a defensive big (Rudy), and it worked well enough.

Problem is now we are running a system with two unconventional systematical components. 1) a defensive big in Rudy and 2) an undersized backcourt.

When a team is built around these two unorthadox components, if they aren't firing on all cylinders, the team will get exposed. And Conley doesn't seem to bring much more to the table other than his shooting. Hope he gets in their offense and at a high level soon because if he's only here to shoot, we're screwed.

Nothing's working the way it should it seems. Or may be it is. Lets just wait another half dozen games. Love to delay the pain. Love to wait for things to get straight. Win win wait.
That said (?) Rudy talking **** concerns me a lot more than to wait for an ETO to be taken.

Besides when Conley's shot falls, he doesn't do much that Raul Neto couldn't do.

Conley doesn't seem to bring much more to the table other than his shooting. Hope he gets in their offense and at a high level soon because if he's only here to shoot, we're screwed.

wtf. Comparing Neto to Conley...

This is good reason to be optimistic (realistic).
It is. I remember when we got Rubio seeing how many games he had double digit assists before he got to Utah. While playing for the Jazz, he rarely had double digit assists, but I don't think he played terrible for us.

Conley has sucked and been a let down. He has a good track record and I trust it more than what I've seen as a Jazz fan, but I don't have any problem saying Conley has simply sucked and been a let down up to this point.

The Jazz already ran an unconventional system in today modern game that focused on a defensive big (Rudy), and it worked well enough.

Problem is now we are running a system with two unconventional systematical components. 1) a defensive big in Rudy and 2) an undersized backcourt.

When a team is built around these two unorthadox components, if they aren't firing on all cylinders, the team will get exposed. And Conley doesn't seem to bring much more to the table other than his shooting. Hope he gets in their offense and at a high level soon because if he's only here to shoot, we're screwed.
Neto was a glass house. Constantly missed games for minor things. He missed two weeks once because he bumped his head.

I liked his game, but dude completed with Exum for minutes in street clothes.

Neto was a glass house. Constantly missed games for minor things. He missed two weeks once because he bumped his head.

I liked his game, but dude completed with Exum for minutes in street clothes.

Neto was who he is. A backup of at best best who worked in the system and occasionally hit a shot and overachieved on defense.

My question is, who is Conley if his shot isn't sinking?

So far this year when his shot is off, MC doesn't impact the game.

Neto was who he is. A backup of at best best who worked in the system and occasionally hit a shot and overachieved on defense.

My question is, who is Conley if his shot isn't sinking?

So far this year when his shot is off, MC doesn't impact the game.
I like Neto and his game. He just gets injured too much. It's unfortunate but true.

I'm usually the sky is falling guy. I think Conley will figure it out. He's still building chemistry with Rudy, it's obviously not there yet. He and Donavan don't play especially well together IMO. But I believe it will happen. #keephopealivebiatches