What's new

The “I’m a Mike Conley hating bitch” list

My problem with Conley is that I can't see him taking a huge pay cut to be able to remain on the team next year.. At the moment I feel like we are obligated to start him ..like we were with Rubio. My question is what will we be doing when we can't afford Mike next year and should we be be giving more minutes to someone else to prepare for that.
This is the issue with the board idiots like lopo and yourself, everything is about next year or 2/3/4 years away. If yall had it yalls way we'd be in a constant state of preparing for the next season until the perfect moment where the entire roster is on fair contracts and everyone is a 25 year old all-star future HOF'er (this moment would ofc never exist but you would push your "potential" grift as long as you could)

My problem with Conley is that I can't see him taking a huge pay cut to be able to remain on the team next year.. At the moment I feel like we are obligated to start him ..like we were with Rubio. My question is what will we be doing when we can't afford Mike next year and should we be be giving more minutes to someone else to prepare for that.
Nobody is paying Conley anywhere close to his current contract next year.

Nobody is paying Conley anywhere close to his current contract next year.
Our roster is pretty much fixed without Conley for the next 2 yrs (assuming no major trades) ..

Unless he is willing to sign for a MLE he is gone.. and even then other teams will probably be willing to pay more than that. Besides..this is a contract year for him so he will be trying to inflate his stats as much as possible this year to try to increase the value of his contract at free agency.

Basically we have 128Mil on the books for next year without Conley.. (and we also have other free agents that we might need to decide on keeping).. The probability is low that he will be around next year and even if we were thinking about resigning him, there could be some better options in free agency.

This isn't about potential .. this is about what our salary looks

Our roster is pretty much fixed without Conley for the next 2 yrs (assuming no major trades) ..

Unless he is willing to sign for a MLE he is gone.. and even then other teams will probably be willing to pay more than that. Besides..this is a contract year for him so he will be trying to inflate his stats as much as possible this year to try to increase the value of his contract at free agency.

Basically we have 128Mil on the books for next year without Conley.. (and we also have other free agents that we might need to decide on keeping).. The probability is low that he will be around next year and even if we were thinking about resigning him, there could be some better options in free agency.

This isn't about potential .. this is about what our salary looks
As far as I know, resigning Conley, as we have his bird rights, does not hard cap the Jazz in 2021. We would have about 6 million (taxpayer exception) to find a replacement for him in free agency.

Do you think we could get a better player than Conley for 6 million?

Do you think we could get a better player than Conley for 6 million?
My guess is he will get offered around 11-12 mil + by another team for a couple of yrs.. But the real question is how far into luxury tax do the Jazz want to go. But thanks didn't realise we had his bird rights.. But yeah if he were to resign for that or preferably less, I won't be complaining

Last edited:
My guess is he will get offered around 11-12 mil + by another team for a couple of yrs.. But the real question is how far into luxury tax do the Jazz want to go. But thanks didn't realise we had his bird rights.. But yeah if he were to resign for that or preferably less, I won't be complaining
Conley getting at least 30 over 2 years. Might be more like 35.

Conley getting at least 30 over 2 years. Might be more like 35.
I guess that could also open the door to a sign and trade deal if a better option reveals itself. Then yeah you are probably correct in that we should play him as much as reasonably feasible to assess his fit

To be brutally honest, I've found that Jazz fans know very little about basketball.

I came here when Conley was signed telling you folks that guy is great. You didn't accept that. I was right, Jazz fans were wrong.
And I can add another name to that long list proving Jazz fans don't know squat about basketball:
Enes Kanter

Nothing short of the conference finals can redeem Conley for the damage he wrought last season. Those in here taking solace in moral victories are foolish.

I was never happy with the pickup due to how much he makes and how often he is hurt. I have however, always rooted for him to do well. And looked at the positive side of what he could bring us if he were to stay healthy. We don't win without him last night.

I guess that could also open the door to a sign and trade deal if a better option reveals itself. Then yeah you are probably correct in that we should play him as much as reasonably feasible to assess his fit
I mean it's about assets. Getting Conley for a couple years at 12-15 million gets us one more piece on the board that we can use or trade. We are in the luxury anyway. I think we could keep Conley AND spend the exception. It's hugely expensive, but it gives us one more NBA player. Hopefully we use it to pay one of our deep bench players that breaks out.

ok all the genius who just knew that Mike wasn’t a good signing, has lost 5 steps overnight, can’t dribble et etc etc

Sign up and put your name to it so we can come review your opinion halfway thru the season

how bout now? lets hear the objective review, keyword being objective.. give it to me!!!

Okay so SINCE GET GO I've said Conley has lost a few steps n hes damaged goods...Tell me why i was wrong... GO FOR IT!!!!

Tell me too how this is SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE GEORGE HILL RENTAL... cuz that part im having trouble understanding, Mitchell is so much better now too..