What's new

The 2011 NBA Draft Lottery Thread, May 17th, 8:30 EST

What sort of value do you think Milsap has out there?
What could we get for him?
Picks, players, both?

Just curious.

What sort of value do you think Milsap has out there?
What could we get for him?
Picks, players, both?

Just curious.

He is young enough that any up and coming team needing a PF would have some interest. Indiana would have the most interest but probably wouldn't give Paul or Granger for him unless we sweetened it quite a bit.

If reason holds out, I agree. But I've already heard rumor that Minny might move their 2nd pick. #3, #12, Bell, rights to Tomic. Get it done.
That trades seems a little lopsided. I think Minny's #2 for our #3, a second round pick, Bell & Tomic's rights is fair.

That trades seems a little lopsided. I think Minny's #2 for our #3, a second round pick, Bell & Tomic's rights is fair.

Completely disagree. You are going to trade three players to move up ONE spot, and that spot isn't a sure thing? Awful trade.

Completely disagree. You are going to trade three players to move up ONE spot, and that spot isn't a sure thing? Awful trade.
So are you saying that the rumored Minny trade of our #3, #12, Bell & Tomic is better for the Jazz than what I proposed? So you'd rather give Minnesota our #12 pick instead of a 2nd Round pick?

I think, in this draft, giving up our #3 and three players to move up to #2 is too much. You are talking Kanter vs Williams. A very good offensive player with questionable defense vs a very, very small power forward. Not worth it. They both have HUGE question marks and a lot of upside. I don't Utah should give up the #3. If they want Minnesota's #2, I think they should try to get it with GS's pick and/or players. If Minn really wants veterans, give Millsap, Tomic and Bell for the #3. Minnesota gets a proven DWill2 and we take a chance that DWill2 will be better than Millsap. I just don't think there is a three player difference between #2 and #3.

Heck, I still don't know if I want them to take Kantor with #3 or if they should take Knight.

If Minny wanted Millsap, they would just draft Derrick Williams. Nothing else in that trade is a difference-maker.

There was a rumor about the number 2 pick possibly being traded to indy in a package around beasly, pick for Granger!

Plus, I don't think Minny wants Millsap. I just don't think that there is a trade to be made with Minny, well for the pick that is. Millsap nope, Jefferson um nope, Harris nope, Favors nope- not with Love, Randolph. Plus if they can pick up Granger and Indys pick for Beasly and the #2 pick, I think they would be dumb not to move it

Can we please get lucky again and somehow Derrick Williams falls to 3. Williams would be a perfect 3 in the Jazz system

In general I'd agree. But in this case, it's a second round pick (which admittedly the Jazz have been decent in finding decent players), Bell (who I wouldn't care if the Jazz got nothing in return for) and Tomic (who is the worst part of this deal, but I'm not sure if he'll ever play over here anyway), so if the Jazz love Williams enough that trade would make sense to me.

In general I'd agree. But in this case, it's a second round pick (which admittedly the Jazz have been decent in finding decent players), Bell (who I wouldn't care if the Jazz got nothing in return for) and Tomic (who is the worst part of this deal, but I'm not sure if he'll ever play over here anyway), so if the Jazz love Williams enough that trade would make sense to me.

I'll give you that. They are sad players.

#12 in a crapshoot and two pieces of junk is giving too much? Wow, I thought the proposal was shafting them.