What's new

The 2024 Election Thread - Because It's Never Too Early to Feel Disappointed

Avery

Yeah, it's three years away, but that's like two Covid timelines so not as far as you think.

Anyway, much like discussing 2024 draft prospects, it's hard to get a read on most things, but I'll make some early proclamations here that will stand in the hallowed files of JF forever:

- I believe Biden doesn't run for re-election. He'll be in his 80's and let's face it, the dude is old. Would rather see some new blood though I'd appoint Harris as an early frontrunner. And for the Bernie fans, he's even older than Biden. Wouldn't rule out someone like AOC given a push in his stead.

For the Republicans, if Trump decides to run which certainly seems to be the general feeling, he's probably a >99% favorite to win. Who's going to challenge him? Moderate R's won't even bother. I think you'll see some Kristi Noem/Desantis action but believe they're really just auditioning for his VP role (something tells me Pence won't be invited back to Mar-a-Lago).

What won't change? The election will really focus on 8-10 states like it always does. An enormous amount of distrust against elections, voter suppression, etc. will occur no matter who the winner is - and we'll get to hear about it every waking moment of our lives.

I'm not going to predict a winner yet - I couldn't base one of anything tangible right now as three years is a lifetime of things that could happen.

I hope trump doesn't run. If that's the case, I won't vote and won't give a ****

I have literally zero hope for our political system. We will get more moronic candidates that pander to their bases. It will end up being 2 old white guys as the major party candidates. We'll again be forced to pick from the lesser of 2 seniles, or the least evil of the 2, or just vote for whoever the Russians want us to through Facebook campaigning.

Yay.

What?????? Vote against him. No matter what.
I think you miss understood or I wasn't clear.
If trump runs then I'm voting. For the other man or woman.
I'm hoping he doesn't run so I can go back to not voting or caring.

Wouldn't rule out someone like AOC given a push in his stead.
AOC is one person you can rule out. She'll be too young in 2024 to serve as President per Article II of the US Constitution. 2028 will be the earliest Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez can run for that office.

I think you miss understood or I wasn't clear.
If trump runs then I'm voting. For the other man or woman.
I'm hoping he doesn't run so I can go back to not voting or caring.
You could still write in "Not-Trump" just to be safe. Even if he doesn't run he'll probably blame fraudulent Democrats if he doesn't win.

Just one more reason why I'm an agnostic/atheist.

Just one more reason why I'm an agnostic/atheist.

Technically, you can only be one or the either. Agnostic is kind of like the atheist starter/trial pack where your not really sure if you want the platinum plan.

Here's my definition. I do not believe there is a god, so I'm an atheist. I cannot prove it and don't care enough to try, so I'm agnostic.

EDIT:
Hey, there's even a Wikipedia page for it (so that means it is official ;) ). "Agnostic atheism is a philosophical position that encompasses both atheism and agnosticism. Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity, and are agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact."

That's a slightly better definition than mine.