What's new

The #22 is available to anyone willing...

Basically, if they want to dump him... we can facilitate them clearing the contract for a player who averaged 10 - 12 points per game over the last two seasons. Worst case for Hornets... they trade their first round pick for flexibility and a 1 year trial in a position they could use some help.

Why is everyone sleeping on Alec? I know people are scared about the injuuries, but I think he's going to be healthy. I really do. He shoots 40$ from 3, has a 6'10" wingspan, and draws fouls with the best of them. His ability to create his own shot is also very undervalued by Jazz fans. When we're in the playoffs and teams know everything we are going to run, that skill will be the difference between W's and L's for us.

I like Alec, but think he may be the odd man out in a year or two. We should not trade him now. If he is healthy and productive then his value sky rockets. If he is healthy and productive we may not want to move him though AB and a developing Exum is a flipping good backup backcourt.

Locke's a dumbass but I'll take any glimpse I can get of the Jazz getting back into the 1st round at this point.

Locke's not a dumbass... a little annoying sure, but he has been pretty spot on about how things and does his research. Many of the things he has mentioned in recent drafts have come to pass.

I'd do it for Hawes. His contract isn't terrible and he fills a need - a big who can hit the three and can rebound. He's still only 28 and I remember seeing him play the Jazz in the preseason when Hawes was a Clipper - he's opportunistic offensively. But as most know, his defense is not good. Yet if DL likes someone who could be there at 22 it's worth it.

Just a gut feeling that he's not a good fit. No real evidence.

agree. I think he gets caught standing and watching on defense and is too ball dominant on offense. But it is difficult to judge because we still have a small sample size, which is strange for a guy entering his 6th season.

Personally, I like Burk as a 4th or 5th wing, but I don't know if he will like being the 4th or 5th wing.

I'd do it for Hawes. His contract isn't terrible and he fills a need - a big who can hit the three and can rebound. He's still only 2 and I remember seeing him play the Jazz in the preseason when Hawes was a Clipper - he's opportunistic offensively. But as most know, his defense is not good. Yet if DL likes someone who could be there at 22 it's worth it.

I'd probably do it and try to swap Pleiss (1 year / $3 million - next year non-guaranteed) for Hawes. Especially if it gets Furkan Korkmaz to the Jazz. I'd still probably do it for Bembry, Prince, Luwawu, Maker or Zizic. . . but I'd definitely do it for Furk the Turk.

Yes I would do the deal for Hawes. If you believe DX mock Korkmaz is still there at 23 so I would take him. However, I am very doubtful he will still be there.

I'd probably do it and try to swap Pleiss (1 year / $3 million - next year non-guaranteed) for Hawes. Especially if it gets Furkan Korkmaz to the Jazz. I'd still probably do it for Bembry, Prince, Luwawu, Maker or Zizic. . . but I'd definitely do it for Furk the Turk.

Unfortunately, Pleiss would probably be deal buster for them.

I can't see NO wanting Pleiss but if there was another team who liked Pleiss and would absorb his contract I'm sure they could be included in the trade.

Yeah they want to shed money. Luckily the Jazz have some of that as well. Player rights for over seas players and 2-4 players on the Jazz are non guaranteed for 16-17.

Yeah they want to shed money. Luckily the Jazz have some of that as well. Player rights for over seas players and 2-4 players on the Jazz are non guaranteed for 16-17.
Give them the rights to Tomic

Sent from my SCH-I545 using JazzFanz mobile app

Take Hawes and select Luwawu or Korkmaz.

Send them back #52 and #60

Have a nice day

I think we can dump Tibor with Burke once teams strike out in FA. Use Mack, Johnson, and Withey... or move Burke to a third team for an unguaranteed.

Burke and Tibor to BKN for Jack's unguaranteed $6M... BKN has like $50M in space now... no way they can use it all. They have zero pgs.

Honestly, I'd love to get Hawes and Lamb out of this deal if they want to dump them both. They can even have Burke, Johnson, and our two low 2nd rounders.

You guys remember how miraculously Hood slided down to us?

What if Furkan...

For what it's worth in my mock draft compilation Furkan goes in the range from 11-16, with 4 of the 8 mocks having him go at 16. So pretty doubtful he'd slide much beyond there.