What's new

The Bad Calls Have Never Been This Bad

The issue with the NBA is the star treatment. And player flopping makes the NBA referee look stupid. You watch march Madness and you don't see star treatment. Maybe a little but not to the extreme. And they let the players play. It reminds me of NBA back in the day. I think the NBA needs to get control of it before it gets any worse, IMO anyway.
Agreed. Well said

Houston and Dallas are big market teams, Utah is not. The NBA doesn't make as much money off of Utah as the other 2 teams. Utah will not make the playoffs because of greed and ratings. Remember, the NBA is an entertainment BUSINESS.

Last edited:
Thanks for the biggest sob story I've ever seen. I'm so sick of your crap!! It's idiots like u that give us fans a bad name. It's not like there wasn't bad calls on the Warriors side either. The bad calls aren't what made us lose. Try the failure to run anything resembling an offense the last 7-8 mins of the game, or the fact that we went 3-13 from the line, or the fact that we couldn't get a ****ing defensive rebound at the end. While you are crying and sniveling about the bad refing against the refs, they did call plenty. I think we shot 14 god damn ft's. The game was ours for the taking, but we didn't make enough plays. The refs had 0% to do with us losing the game.

I love you so much man! You are my bowl of strawberry sherbet. #Love # Donteverchange

3 of the 4 incorrect calls were defensive three second calls... Something I pointed out GSW was doing the whole game... Literally could have called it on any possession in the first quarter on Bogut. Just garbage.

I concur with this post. Bias nothing. Name me one other obvious foul that the Jazz committed that wasn't called besides the Gobert foul?

Poor calls in favor of the Jazz - 1

Gobert foul on Thompson (although Thompson jumped 4 feet into Gobert on that play)

Poor calls in favor of the Warriors - 6

Gordon's block
Lyles steal
Favor's face (protect defenseless players my bunghole)
Two consecutive fouls by Livingston which were pretty obvious
Tech on Hayward for for walking towards the ref
No tech on Draymond Green who just keeps barking and barking and barking all game

This has been the norm, not the exception.

For those who think we are biased, the data backs it up. Please refer to the post about calls in the final 2 minutes of games closer than 5 points. There was a 29 point discrepancy between star studded OKC and hobo city SLC.

I suggest we make a stand as fanzz. One of us hooligans with too much time on our hands should make a compilation of the worst calls of the season and we should submit it along with the +/- discrepancy to the league prior to the playoffs. Make it go viral in the case we make the playoffs. The Zen master would do the same with one comment. But we may need an epic troll attack (like 'the day that must not be mentioned') of ref abuse.

https://official.nba.com/last-two-minute-report/?gameNo=0021501119&eventNum=568

This was correctly ruled an offensive foul... I don't understand the fuggin rules anymore. A guy reaches across his body but because he is much weaker he hits the deck... That is dislodging a player. **** off NBA officials report.

I dont love that call it should have been a foul on Curry first he was not set and contact created, but Hayward did extend his arm after the contact which is where the offensive foul is.

I dont love that call it should have been a foul on Curry first he was not set and contact created, but Hayward did extend his arm after the contact which is where the offensive foul is.

Curry's feet were still moving. I saw it clearly on the replay. So what if Hayward extended his arm. He only did it as part of his forward motion. Should've been a block no question -- he wasn't set and Hayward made contact only because Curry was moving in front of him.

The NBA definitely wants th Warriors to break the record...they're bailing out GS in the Boston game. Pathetic...

Curry's feet were still moving. I saw it clearly on the replay. So what if Hayward extended his arm. He only did it as part of his forward motion. Should've been a block no question -- he wasn't set and Hayward made contact only because Curry was moving in front of him.

The foul wasn't for extending his arm it was for dislodging him... He was draped across his shoulder... The only reason he fell is because Hayward is bigger than him. I don't know how refs watch that replay and go yup we nailed it!

The NBA definitely wants th Warriors to break the record...they're bailing out GS in the Boston game. Pathetic...

Green just helicoptered a guy... Would have been 15 yards in the NFL.

I just keep smh dudes. The calls against the Jazz have been consistently bad this year. And then there was last night! Hosed again. Faves gets punched in the face by Bogut the Barbarian, not a flagrant. Lyles gets clean steal on Rush: douche bag ref whistles foul because he swiped at air... As if the air was a person! Air ain't no person.

I just don't get some of these refs. It's as if the other teams are letting these off refs suck on their jock strap before games and because the Jazz are too classy an organization to do that, they are taking it out against the Vivent Smart Home crusaders who where uniforms with the sanctified logo of Jazz on the front.

Then there was when Hayward got fouled by Livingston, no call, went up for rebound on his miss, gets called for a foul and then earns the first tech of his career by saying, "I'm a Vivent Smart Home Crusader, ya Bit**."

I motion the formality that if Gordon Houston Hayward ever earns a technical foul, there should be a stoppage in play wherein a committee of the best and brightest of the minds in NBA officiating, other wise known as NBA screw jobs, otherwise known as NBA Jock Strap connoisseurs, should fly in and meet with the current referees on the court, just after each fan at the game has been moderately sedated with a horse tranquilizer, and discuss what exactly it was that made them deserve the righteous anger of a Gordon Houston Hayward.

Hayward is also known by another name, Abel. It's true. His father, Gordon senior, would say it from time to time, never quite knowing why, until last night when the Ref, Kane, gave him his first T and thus murdered his on court innocence.

So, these hack jobs of officiating, I'm having a hard time living with the injustice, I am considering leading a movement against the subversive institution of these Jock Strap Connoisseurs. It could be like the civil rights movement only bigger. And I could be like MLK only not as articulate or Iconic. Therefore, I nominate, CY as our... Ugh, yeah, my bad. Therefore I nominate Colton, Hack, or One Love as our MLK against the JSC's. I know the posters of this site will elect the right man for the job. Let us walk out of the darkness and into the light where we may one day sing, with all Jazz fanz, "Fouled at last! Fouled at last, thank God almighty he is fouled at last!"

I call him Hayward the Herald but Abel works too.

Saw something the other day that said the Jazz were -14 on Advantaged/Disadvantaged calls in the final minutes. Which was tied for worst in the league..

I'll try and dig it up later.

Saw something the other day that said the Jazz were -14 on Advantaged/Disadvantaged calls in the final minutes. Which was tied for worst in the league..

I'll try and dig it up later.
This totally doesn't surprise me. The Jazz are a team of "good" players but no "stars" in the eyes of the refs...no superstar calls for the Jazz is to be expected.