What's new

The Bad Calls Have Never Been This Bad

I would love to think this strategy works but it doesn't. Hayward and Quin are beyond respectful and they get the shaft hard... Favors is the same.

Pop gets techs... Kerr gets techs... As long as you don't go sheed/cousins I'm inclined to believe complaining works. CP3 is basically allowed to commit battery and assault all game and he complains as much as anyone.

Stupid example because these refs are pros but they are still people. I coached flag football this year and there is a team with screeching obnoxious coaches. The refs made a call they shouldn't have and I asked for an explanation... The ref clearly frustrated said look those guys are screaming in my ear what do you want me to do.

Refs don't want attention ( most anyway) and when you challenge them they are getting negative attention that they want to stop.

I wonder if LHM were alive, if he'd contact the League Office and make a complaint, the way Mark Cuban does. Maybe Greg should do something, gathering the information like Andy Larsen and present it to Mike Bantom, maybe it would help. I noticed during a break after a call that was questionable that the camera fixed on Quin and behind him in the row behind the bench was Greg wide-eyed with a incredulous expression.

Cousins is #1 in the nba in free throw attempts per game doe

That is why I used him as an example. I have 0 respect for him and would never cheer for a little bitch like him. If that is the type of player and team people want I guess we have the wrong players and coach. I however love how Snyder handles himself and how the team handles themselves. We might not get the calls, which I think has little to do with that, but we have self respect and our team tends to act like professional adults, not like little kids who flop and cry to the refs every chance they get.

Maybe we can trade for Harden and Cousins and we have a dream team who needs naps in between their cry sessions but we get all those extra trips to the foul line. We could send our players to soccer camp and teach them to flop better and pretend to be hurt every time someone comes near them and tries to always get the refs attention.

That is why I used him as an example. I have 0 respect for him and would never cheer for a little bitch like him. If that is the type of player and team people want I guess we have the wrong players and coach. I however love how Snyder handles himself and how the team handles themselves. We might not get the calls, which I think has little to do with that, but we have self respect and our team tends to act like professional adults, not like little kids who flop and cry to the refs every chance they get.

Maybe we can trade for Harden and Cousins and we have a dream team who needs naps in between their cry sessions but we get all those extra trips to the foul line. We could send our players to soccer camp and teach them to flop better and pretend to be hurt every time someone comes near them and tries to always get the refs attention.
I was just pointing out that it works

I would love to think this strategy works but it doesn't. Hayward and Quin are beyond respectful and they get the shaft hard... Favors is the same.

Pop gets techs... Kerr gets techs... As long as you don't go sheed/cousins I'm inclined to believe complaining works. CP3 is basically allowed to commit battery and assault all game and he complains as much as anyone.

Stupid example because these refs are pros but they are still people. I coached flag football this year and there is a team with screeching obnoxious coaches. The refs made a call they shouldn't have and I asked for an explanation... The ref clearly frustrated said look those guys are screaming in my ear what do you want me to do.

Refs don't want attention ( most anyway) and when you challenge them they are getting negative attention that they want to stop.

Thats a ref problem and Jazz need to bring that to the leagues attention. I think the NBA should notice how their players and coaches act and try and stop that, its embarrassing. NBA is more and more becoming like soccer with complaining and flopping. Stop teaching kids coming into the league to act like that and giving them attention for throwing fits.

No reason to stoop to their level.

Last night against the Warriors we didnt lose the game because of the calls. There were bad calls both ways but probably more bad calls against the Warriors. We lived at the FT line but couldnt make them. I guarantee refs behind closed doors complain and dislike players/coaches who always throw a fit about every call, especially the ones that the ref made the right call, which is more often the case.

Thats a ref problem and Jazz need to bring that to the leagues attention. I think the NBA should notice how their players and coaches act and try and stop that, its embarrassing. NBA is more and more becoming like soccer with complaining and flopping. Stop teaching kids coming into the league to act like that and giving them attention for throwing fits.

Last night against the Warriors we didnt lose the game because of the calls. There were bad calls both ways but probably more bad calls against the Warriors. We lived at the FT line but couldnt make them. I guarantee refs behind closed doors complain and dislike players/coaches who always throw a fit about every call, especially the ones that the ref made the right call, which is more often the case.

Word on the street is that the Jazz have talked to the league multiple times and nothing has changed. Look it happens in life too... The guy that goes in asking for raises likely gets paid more than the guy who thinks his boss will do the right thing without him complaining or asking for it. You can take the high road and it is the honorable thing to do but you will absolutely be at a disadvantage. The refs can say how much they appreciate our professional courtesy, but realize they do that while asking us to take it up the tailpipe.

Word on the street is that the Jazz have talked to the league multiple times and nothing has changed. Look it happens in life too... The guy that goes in asking for raises likely gets paid more than the guy who thinks his boss will do the right thing without him complaining or asking for it. You can take the high road and it is the honorable thing to do but you will absolutely be at a disadvantage. The refs can say how much they appreciate our professional courtesy, but realize they do that while asking us to take it up the tailpipe.

This is what is so ridiculous... I can't imagine why an official would reward a player for bi****** and whining, but that is exactly what happens. I think it should be against the rules to talk to the officials. That is life though like you said. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I wish in life the squeaky wheel would get replaced.

There were bad calls both ways, but it is totally inaccurate to say more bad calls against them just because we got more foul shots. You see the way they play defense, like a bunch of sissies, holding and grabbing. That's b.s.

You pick the most extreme example to make your point? There is a happy medium. Kobe got technicals. So did Michael, Magic, and Larry. They are nothing like Cousins. I just watched a replay of Karl scoring 50 points and he got a technical. I loved the passion. I want the Jazz players to stand up for themselves, whether it is with a ref or someone swiping the ball out of their hands after a play stoppage or a player putting his finger in their ear.

There were bad calls both ways, but it is totally inaccurate to say more bad calls against them just because we got more foul shots. You see the way they play defense, like a bunch of sissies, holding and grabbing. That's b.s.

If refs are allowing physical play then our players need to match that and play more physical.

I think the Jazz crowd should start erupting when there is a ridiculously bad call like the one against Lyles when Rush lost the ball and he picked it up -- that layup would've been the ball game.

You pick the most extreme example to make your point? There is a happy medium. Kobe got technicals. So did Michael, Magic, and Larry. They are nothing like Cousins. I just watched a replay of Karl scoring 50 points and he got a technical. I loved the passion. I want the Jazz players to stand up for themselves, whether it is with a ref or someone swiping the ball out of their hands after a play stoppage or a player putting his finger in their ear.

Fair enough. But I dont think yelling at a ref is sticking up for yourself. I dont think crying and complaining excessively is sticking up for yourself. I think tempers flair in an emotional game and it happens but I dont think that should be expected. You can stick up for yourself like Hayward (and many great players) often does and talk to the ref and tell him where he was wrong and why calmly. Refs will check that at breaks and often come back and tell Hayward he was right or wrong and why. Personally showing a lot of emotion on the court does not prove anything. Some of the best players in every sport have the ability to stay emotionally even and play consistently. The only time I expect players to stick up is when one of the other players is being attacked or overly aggressive fouls happen teammates should step up on their behalf.

Every player has an emotional ideal that benefits them. Getting worked up helps some players like Booker who is an energy/hustle player it hurts many other players to do the same thing. It is unfair to say a player should lose his cool or get worked up. Visible passion is not greater than passion within that is kept in control. Most players spend a great amount of time working on keeping those emotions in check and staying even all game and not letting what other players/fans/coaches/refs effect them and their game.

I just disagree that it has to be one way or the other. I calm conversation is fine sometimes, but so is an emotional outburst. I loved the fact that Hayward finally got a technical. It is an emotional game, and that is what makes it fun. I would much rather watch Booker rock the rim than see Hayward softly lay it over the top of the rim. They both count the same, but I have a more emotional connection with the aggressive slam while hanging on the rim. I also disagree that visible passion is not greater than passion within. Hayward gets as few calls as any other max player, while Cousins gets plenty. Malone got plenty of calls, and I think there is a direct correlation between the two things.

I just keep smh dudes. The calls against the Jazz have been consistently bad this year. And then there was last night! Hosed again. Faves gets punched in the face by Bogut the Barbarian, not a flagrant. Lyles gets clean steal on Rush: douche bag ref whistles foul because he swiped at air... As if the air was a person! Air ain't no person.

I just don't get some of these refs. It's as if the other teams are letting these off refs suck on their jock strap before games and because the Jazz are too classy an organization to do that, they are taking it out against the Vivent Smart Home crusaders who where uniforms with the sanctified logo of Jazz on the front.

Then there was when Hayward got fouled by Livingston, no call, went up for rebound on his miss, gets called for a foul and then earns the first tech of his career by saying, "I'm a Vivent Smart Home Crusader, ya Bit**."

I motion the formality that if Gordon Houston Hayward ever earns a technical foul, there should be a stoppage in play wherein a committee of the best and brightest of the minds in NBA officiating, other wise known as NBA screw jobs, otherwise known as NBA Jock Strap connoisseurs, should fly in and meet with the current referees on the court, just after each fan at the game has been moderately sedated with a horse tranquilizer, and discuss what exactly it was that made them deserve the righteous anger of a Gordon Houston Hayward.

Hayward is also known by another name, Abel. It's true. His father, Gordon senior, would say it from time to time, never quite knowing why, until last night when the Ref, Kane, gave him his first T and thus murdered his on court innocence.

So, these hack jobs of officiating, I'm having a hard time living with the injustice, I am considering leading a movement against the subversive institution of these Jock Strap Connoisseurs. It could be like the civil rights movement only bigger. And I could be like MLK only not as articulate or Iconic. Therefore, I nominate, CY as our... Ugh, yeah, my bad. Therefore I nominate Colton, Hack, or One Love as our MLK against the JSC's. I know the posters of this site will elect the right man for the job. Let us walk out of the darkness and into the light where we may one day sing, with all Jazz fanz, "Fouled at last! Fouled at last, thank God almighty he is fouled at last!"

Thanks for the biggest sob story I've ever seen. I'm so sick of your crap!! It's idiots like u that give us fans a bad name. It's not like there wasn't bad calls on the Warriors side either. The bad calls aren't what made us lose. Try the failure to run anything resembling an offense the last 7-8 mins of the game, or the fact that we went 3-13 from the line, or the fact that we couldn't get a ****ing defensive rebound at the end. While you are crying and sniveling about the bad refing against the refs, they did call plenty. I think we shot 14 god damn ft's. The game was ours for the taking, but we didn't make enough plays. The refs had 0% to do with us losing the game.

the end of game report the NBA releases has 4 incorrect calls, all of which went against Utah. No surprise there.

I just disagree that it has to be one way or the other. I calm conversation is fine sometimes, but so is an emotional outburst. I loved the fact that Hayward finally got a technical. It is an emotional game, and that is what makes it fun. I would much rather watch Booker rock the rim than see Hayward softly lay it over the top of the rim. They both count the same, but I have a more emotional connection with the aggressive slam while hanging on the rim. I also disagree that visible passion is not greater than passion within. Hayward gets as few calls as any other max player, while Cousins gets plenty. Malone got plenty of calls, and I think there is a direct correlation between the two things.

Or u could look at it as being mentally weak. I don't give a damn what happens or how bad the call is. Fact of the matter is that if Hayward lets his play do the speaking for him, Jazz win. Getting a T doesn't speak to how mentally strong or weak u are. It's great u are happy to see Hayward get a T. I guess u prefer that to the Jazz beating GS. Complaining like a little bitch doesn't give u any more street cred or help from the refs. It's kind of funny how everyone calls the clips bitches, then applaud the Jazz when they do the same.

Or u could look at it as being mentally weak. I don't give a damn what happens or how bad the call is. Fact of the matter is that if Hayward lets his play do the speaking for him, Jazz win. Getting a T doesn't speak to how mentally strong or weak u are. It's great u are happy to see Hayward get a T. I guess u prefer that to the Jazz beating GS. Complaining like a little bitch doesn't give u any more street cred or help from the refs. It's kind of funny how everyone calls the clips bitches, then applaud the Jazz when they do the same.

Don't be overly dramatic. We didn't lose because Hayward got a technical. We lost because we couldn't make a free throw, and because Golden State is just better. I don't see how being passionate makes you mentally weak. And if you don't think complaining makes any difference, you haven't been watching the NBA very long.

the end of game report the NBA releases has 4 incorrect calls, all of which went against Utah. No surprise there.
Boom goes the dynamite

The issue with the NBA is the star treatment. And player flopping makes the NBA referee look stupid. You watch march Madness and you don't see star treatment. Maybe a little but not to the extreme. And they let the players play. It reminds me of NBA back in the day. I think the NBA needs to get control of it before it gets any worse, IMO anyway.