What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

If everything else he said about himself weren't a provable lie, I would give him a lot more benefit of the doubt.

As for the Chick-Fil-A thing, while a gay man might buy a bunch of it, there is no way a gay man involved in politics in our society would be unaware of the semiotics of it.
There is no way any honest person would possibly buy chick fila. Disgusting stuff. Can't trust anybody who does that. Like my boss.

There is no way any honest person would possibly buy chick fila. Disgusting stuff. Can't trust anybody who does that. Like my boss.
I think I maybe had a sandwich from them once, back when they had a store in Crossroads mall. I was unimpressed. This was long before we (or at least I) knew of the odious views of their owner.

I LOVE chick fil a chicken.
I also love their sauce and their employees are the best fast food customer service i have ever experienced.
Their fries are good too. And their milkshakes. I wish the menu was more expansive though

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

You defend him, I never said anything about supporting him. Probably because your partisan leanings and identification compel you to defend him while insulting those you deem to be against your tribe. It's okay, just own up to it.
Show me where I defend him? Screenshot where I defend his lies? You make up fabrications.
The House could've refused to seat him and he could be expelled. There's already a process set up. Just because you don't understand how the government works doesn't mean I'm the bad guy here.
2/3 of the vote. They will not expel him. Let's look at the only times congressmen have been expelled and the reason for it.
1. John Clark - Joined the Confederacy
2. John Reid - Joined the Confederacy
3. Henry Burnet - Joined the Confederacy
4. Michael Myers - Bribery
5. James Trafecant - Bribery, Obstruction of Justice

Show me where someone is expelled for lying? Again you're an emotional person that hates the right. The only reason you care so much is because the Republicans control the house. If this was a Democrat, you would actually defend him.

I think most people should be angry at the right. The party that the right has empowered is actively working to derail America's democracy and hard won civil rights for minorities and women.

And the point is that McCarthy's hold over the House is tenuous at best. Santos supports him and so therefore McCarthy supports Santos. You're pretending to be ignorant. Be better (Be Best!).
Again, one person does not change who holds the house. Just because you don't understand how the government works doesn't mean I'm the bad guy here. Go cry some more.

Again, you're pretending to be ignorant again. We all see what Santos is doing here.
You see what Santos is doing here. Nobody, other than the people on the far left would even try to make this an issue or care about this. It's not being ignorant, it's being real.

I don't think that improves my view about your low level of intelligence, historical knowledge, or understanding of the American government.
If you get personal, I'll get personal. I tell you, you have no depth. Im not criticizing your intelligence, Im criticizing that you post comments without real knowledge on certain topics, so your arguments are shallow. Not you as a person. If you start to insult me personally, I will not put up with it. You tell me to Be Better, maybe you should reflect on that about yourself.

Actually, the two party system acts as gatekeepers for bad ideas and candidates.
Biden, Bush, Trump, MTG, Swalwell, Boxer, Harris, Johnson, Boebert, Waters, Schiff, Omar... don't get started on bad ideas, this will not help your argument.
This is one of the reasons why American democracy has survived while other democracies around the world have crashed and burned over the last 200 years. Parties should actually be strengthened even more. It's only been in recent years where parties have become weakened that we've seen the decline in candidate quality. The inability for the party to kill off the political life of bad candidates, like Santos and Trump, is one of the major problems our democracy faces.
You can kill off bad candidates with more options. This is business 101 and works in politics as well. Ross Perot. An independent option, can give an us another viable option, rather than being stuck with 2 terrible candidates.

How did "everyone" in this forum "let me know this" in the 2A thread? I had one person disagree with me and I discussed gun regulation with several others.
Again, You posting not knowing enough about 2a to have an honest conversation. All you did was post Democrat talking points. Here are 3 different people slapping down those talking points with ease:
1. "Most guns purchased at gun shows are subject to a background check. Being at a gun show in and of itself does not provide any relief from background checks. People should stop calling it a gun show loophole because it has nothing to do with gun shows specifically."
2. "Realistically the laws around concealed carry and such have little to zero impact on mass shootings. We could make them go through a 5 year waiting period or take it to any extreme you want and some incel somewhere will just take his uncles guns and go shoot up a bar somewhere. It has nothing to do with concealed carry."
3. "Like how we could have a 1st amendment while regulating speech, discouraging the voicing of any unpopular opinion, and using the law to hold people accountable for unapproved speech?"

I'm sorry you don't feel comfortable with different ideas. Is it a competition to shut down discussion when posters are acting respectfully and in good faith? I'm sorry you lack tolerance. Perhaps you'd be better off being more curious and actually reading books to inform yourself? Be better (Be Best!).
Ironic, coming from the person who puts people on ignore when someone has a different opinion. I have repeatedly stated I will not block anyone and that I like reading all perspectives. I like reading your perspective when it comes to topics I don't post on, since I don't have depth on the topic. I am the one who has stood up to posters on here about government colluding with business to shut down information and speech. I am well informed about many topics, just not all of them. That's why I don't post on every topic like yourself.

You still can't define what a moderate is. You just glossed right over that.

On this forum, I have criticized Republican politicians more than I have with Democrat politicians... MTG, Walker, OZ, Boebert, Santos, Trump compared to Biden?!?! Yet you keep trying to categorize me as a right sided partisan. I have stated my views on different topics which align with both liberal and conservative views.

I LOVE chick fil a chicken.
I also love their sauce and their employees are the best fast food customer service i have ever experienced.
Their fries are good too. And their milkshakes. I wish the menu was more expansive though

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
As does our family. We have the spicy tenders at our local store, which has not rolled out nation wide.
It's always busy, no matter what time of the day. I'm also a fan of their peach milkshakes.

Yeah, Pelosi is obviously elderly and looks intoxicated. The size of the guy and his lunge with the hammer was horrific. Props to the police to stop the attack before it ended in Pelosi’s death.
Geez he looked dead in the video. Brutal.

I read an article that came with showing the pelosi attack video. So before the right wing conspiracy idiots were talking about how the window was broken from the inside and there was no break in. And how this was pelosi boyfriend or whatever. They were crying about the body cams not getting released due to a big cover up by the pelosis.
You read the police report and the accused tells them that he was there for nancy. He was going to tie her up with the zip ties he had and hold her hostage. He said all this. its in the report. now there is body cam video. There is also surveillence video of the dude breaking the window and climbing into the house.

Yet i go to the comments section of the new latest article and even armed with all the information available the same ol right wing conspiracy nuts are spewing the same incorrect vile garbage as always.

I read an article that came with showing the pelosi attack video. So before the right wing conspiracy idiots were talking about how the window was broken from the inside and there was no break in. And how this was pelosi boyfriend or whatever. They were crying about the body cams not getting released due to a big cover up by the pelosis.
You read the police report and the accused tells them that he was there for nancy. He was going to tie her up with the zip ties he had and hold her hostage. He said all this. its in the report. now there is body cam video. There is also surveillence video of the dude breaking the window and climbing into the house.

Yet i go to the comments section of the new latest article and even armed with all the information available the same ol right wing conspiracy nuts are spewing the same incorrect vile garbage as always.
Everything you mentioned was staged. Faked up in the same movie studio where they faked the moon landing and they fake all the observable data for a round earth. Don't be a sheeple.

Perhaps the big problem isn’t Santos, but a political party and voters that have no values and no shame? They EXPECT their voters to support terrible candidates. At one time, values and principles actually mattered. Now, many just see politics as a form of entertainment; the more vile and cruel, the better.

No amount of evidence changes their views. It’s all about grievance, anger, and identity. There’s just no winning these vile people over, they’re too far gone.

No amount of evidence changes their views. It’s all about grievance, anger, and identity. There’s just no winning these vile people over, they’re too far gone.
You use a lot of "other" type of language. Just saying.

Jim Jordan says first, "they" came for your guns. Then, your gas stoves. Then, your gas cars. What’s next?

Lol. I literally have guns, a gas stove and just bought a brand new gas vehicle.

I loved so many of the responses.

My favorite response: Hmm. You came after Reproductive Rights. Gay Marriage. Black History. Non-Christian Religious Freedom. Voting Rights. Public Education. Net Neutrality. Clean Air and Water. Seriously, what the Hell are you gonna attack next while distracting people w “gas stoves?”
Social security and medicare are probably next tbh

You use a lot of "other" type of language. Just saying.
Accurately describing deplorable people for doing and saying deplorable things isn’t a vice imo. We need to bring Shame back into our society. It should be embarrassing to be pro putin, insurrectionist, racist, and homophobic.