What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Yeah when they were putting in the first gasoline networks, it followed the development and proliferfation of the car, and vice versa. So it was organic and didn't really cause any issues systemically. Now, however, with millions of cars on the roads, and electrical infrastructure already taxed just taking care of our lust for constant light and netflix, building an electrical support system for autos is lagging badly behind. And I do not see it catching up anytime soon.

Maybe we need to be more selective about which industries will get supported, as industry takes a disproportional amount of energy. Do we need, I don't know, funko-pops or whatever as badly as we need, say, food or clothing? Even on that level, do we need say sriracha (notoriously bad for the environment and energy intensive in the manufacturing process) as badly as we need bread, or vegetables? At some point we will need to make some of these decisions. We are heading to a tipping point, it might still be decades out but it takes decades to prepare for it and we are already facing an uphill battle. This applies not just to energy like electricity and natural gas, and gasoline, but also water. For example, almond production in California alone uses up to 13% of the TOTAL water supply. Are almonds more important than other agricultural uses? Agriculture in general in California uses up to 80% of the total water supply, which includes raising animals for meat and milk and such.

I think at some point we will be driven to re-evaluate all this stuff and determine what is necessary for us as a species and what is a "nice to have" and we will have to make some tough choices. Frankly it should start sooner rather than later, but we as a species are nothing if not procrastinating. Anything we can kick down the road for our own comfort or advantage, we will, unless directly forced to confront it. I know personally I do not want to give up things like meat and cheese and milk products, nor avocados and almonds, 2 of the worst crops for water usage compared to the benefit gained on the whole. But at some point we won't have a choice.

A look at water usage in Cali, particularly from almond production.

One problem with electricity is that it seems like in todays society everyone is afraid of the dark. Almost every house has exterior lights on all night. way more street lights than when I was growing up. My wife has to leave an interior light on whenever we leave the house. We use (waste) way more electricity today than we used to.

One problem with electricity is that it seems like in todays society everyone is afraid of the dark. Almost every house has exterior lights on all night. way more street lights than when I was growing up. My wife has to leave an interior light on whenever we leave the house. We use (waste) way more electricity today than we used to.
I again lay this at the feet of social media. Everyone thinks house invaders are waiting on every corner to break into your house and kill you and your family, so we need to light up the outside and make sure no nook or cranny is available for the bad guys to hide in, because every single event gets posted on social media feeding a needless hysteria. Same concept as letting your kid play outside *gasp* without direct parental supervision AT ALL TIMES!! The very idea!

Emperor-Biden.gif

Emperor Biden announcing that all republicans are enemies of the state.
It appears Biden's constituents were listening as he stood on that blood red stage, flanked by members of the military, and declaring Republicans to be enemies of the state. GOP Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour was gunned down today in a politically motivated killing.

I again lay this at the feet of social media. Everyone thinks house invaders are waiting on every corner to break into your house and kill you and your family, so we need to light up the outside and make sure no nook or cranny is available for the bad guys to hide in, because every single event gets posted on social media feeding a needless hysteria. Same concept as letting your kid play outside *gasp* without direct parental supervision AT ALL TIMES!! The very idea!
I agree 100% I fought with my wife years ago about having exterior lights on at all time...... We have exterior lights on at all times. I fought with her about having a security camera doorbell........ We have a security camera doorbell (costs 7 bucks per month or something as well which pisses me off). Fought with the wife about leaving lights on in the house when no one is home....... You see where this is going.

It appears Biden's constituents were listening as he stood on that blood red stage, flanked by members of the military, and declaring Republicans to be enemies of the state. GOP Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour was gunned down today in a politically motivated killing.
"Possible targeted" is not the same as "politically motivated". Then again, we expect nothing but lies from you.

I agree 100% I fought with my wife years ago about having exterior lights on at all time...... We have exterior lights on at all times. I fought with her about having a security camera doorbell........ We have a security camera doorbell (costs 7 bucks per month or something as well which pisses me off). Fought with the wife about leaving lights on in the house when no one is home....... You see where this is going.
We installed a camera because I was convinced I had a neighbor messing with our dogs. Strangely enough as soon as I installed it, everything weird we were seeing stopped entirely. I suppose there are times it is worth it. But I believe those times are generally few and far between.

I think they had to develop a special way to fire on a balloon and or modified a manually laser targeted guidance system onto a jet fired missile.

I was expecting them to fire bullets at the thing because I highly doubt their standard missiles will target a balloon.

Not that any of that couldn't have existed and been ready to go. I don't know. But I just don't see why any of that would be used in standard aviation missiles. Shooting a large very slow moving target that likely isn't particularly hot, like the exhaust from a jet engine or enemy missile, isn't what current aircraft missiles do, not in the air.

I think they had to develop a special way to fire on a balloon and or modified a manually laser targeted guidance system onto a jet fired missile.

I was expecting them to fire bullets at the thing because I highly doubt their standard missiles will target a balloon.

Not that any of that couldn't have existed and been ready to go. I don't know. But I just don't see why any of that would be used in standard aviation missiles. Shooting a large very slow moving target that likely isn't particularly hot, like the exhaust from a jet engine or enemy missile, isn't what current aircraft missiles do, not in the air.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc8tu0ZPfEA

Last edited:
If everything else he said about himself weren't a provable lie, I would give him a lot more benefit of the doubt.

As for the Chick-Fil-A thing, while a gay man might buy a bunch of it, there is no way a gay man involved in politics in our society would be unaware of the semiotics of it.

This is besides the point and days late but can I just say that all the gay dudes I know love Chick-Fil-A. The deliciousness overcomes the hate. I'm not a believer in the effectiveness of "vote with your wallet" energy anyways.

This is besides the point and days late but can I just say that all the gay dudes I know love Chick-Fil-A. The deliciousness overcomes the hate. I'm not a believer in the effectiveness of "vote with your wallet" energy anyways.
Fortune Feimster even did a bit about that.