What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

One of the tough things if they choose to do away with social security, is then I want my ****ing money back. How much debt will they need to incur to pay all of us back for the money we have been forced to pay into the system we will never see? And then we would literally be the only truly developed nation with NOTHING to take care of our aging population in any way. I guess that is some kind of accomplishment? ****ing morons.

I thought this was an insightful article. Republicans are great at grabbing headlines and calling attention to themselves but they’re terrible at connecting with and connecting to normal people due to them being increasingly out of touch with the mainstream. Playing so often for the Fox News rube crowd may get you clicks and attention but it just doesn’t make you very likable outside of the RW paranoid rube demo.

Another massive layoff under Biden... Jobs though.

Disney will undergo its third restructuring in five years with a layoff of 7,000 employees in an attempt to make its streaming business profitable, according to a report by Reuters.

Local leaders claim human trafficking and prostitution are rampant in the Golden State after a new criminal justice reform that its author said aims to protect transgender women from being unfairly targeted by law enforcement.

"It’s absolutely out of control and dangerous — not just for the sex workers but for the community," San Francisco Supervisor Hillary Ronen told the San Francisco Chronicle this week.

A road in the heart of San Francisco’s Mission District has become lined with prostitutes and pimps, prompting city officials to install barricades as residents sound off that not only do they feel less safe – especially at night – but that they are worried about the women working the streets.

"From the window right there, I’ll see three [people] ganging up on a girl," one San Francisco resident told the Chronicle while pointing toward a bay window that overlooks an intersection. "They’ll be hitting her."

Did Biden give the order to destroy Putin's Nord Stream pipeline after Ukraine invasion? Bombshell report claims Navy divers carried out mission to kill Russia's gas stranglehold on Europe in audacious mission overseen by president​

Specialized U.S. Navy diving teams carried out the bombing attack against the underwater Nord Stream pipelines which supply Russian gas to western Europe during a top secret mission overseen by President Joe Biden, a bombshell report claims.

Divers planted C4 explosives on three Nord Stream pipelines in June 2022 which were detonated three months later using a sonar buoy which broadcast a signal that triggered the bombs, according to the report.

The attack was carried out in response to Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine and designed to force Germany and other European nations to end their reliance on Russian gas, it is claimed. The move would also disrupt Moscow's income from gas sales - which have contributed billions of dollars to its war effort.

One of the tough things if they choose to do away with social security, is then I want my ****ing money back. How much debt will they need to incur to pay all of us back for the money we have been forced to pay into the system we will never see? And then we would literally be the only truly developed nation with NOTHING to take care of our aging population in any way. I guess that is some kind of accomplishment? ****ing morons.
Right! As imperfect as social security is, what's the alternative? I'd by far rather have an imperfect social security system than what we had before. At the end of the day, I'd rather have social security than die in the streets.

This entire situation reminds me of the debates over repealing the ACA and of the post-Roe world. Republicans never came up with alternatives for both. There was never any alternative plan (I know I know, just give Trump 2 more weeks I know). Women in red states now are ****ed if they're impregnated. Red states haven't made men more accountable nor have they improved education, health care, or social safety nets to support single women and young families.
  • Have pre-existing conditions? You're ****ed
  • Get pregnant? You're ****ed.
  • Retirement didn't work out as planned? You're ****ed.
Is this really the best we can do?

Interest in President Joe Biden's State of the Union address dwindled Tuesday night as the annual event pulled the second-smallest audience in at least 30 years, according to a Wednesday report by the Nielsen company.

The report said an estimated 27.3 million people tuned into a television network for the president's address, which was down nearly 28% from the 38.2 million who watched last year.

Another massive layoff under Biden... Jobs though.

Disney will undergo its third restructuring in five years with a layoff of 7,000 employees in an attempt to make its streaming business profitable, according to a report by Reuters.
Layoffs are capitalism at work. Why do you hate capitalism?

Right! As imperfect as social security is, what's the alternative? I'd by far rather have an imperfect social security system than what we had before. At the end of the day, I'd rather have social security than die in the streets.

This entire situation reminds me of the debates over repealing the ACA and of the post-Roe world. Republicans never came up with alternatives for both. There was never any alternative plan (I know I know, just give Trump 2 more weeks I know). Women in red states now are ****ed if they're impregnated. Red states haven't made men more accountable nor have they improved education, health care, or social safety nets to support single women and young families.
  • Have pre-existing conditions? You're ****ed
  • Get pregnant? You're ****ed.
  • Retirement didn't work out as planned? You're ****ed.
Is this really the best we can do?
We need to keep in mind it is largely rich people making these decisions at the behest of rich people. If some oil company can get yet another kickback to bump their profits by another 0.25% points that is well worth people dying in the streets, as long as they aren't on any streets near any of them. This is yet another problem with the wealth divide, one that largely goes unseen as such.

And yes it is the best we can do as long as the country is tied so intimately to the golden rule. Whoever has the gold makes the rules.

this is an incredible record. It’s sad that we live in such a ****ed in media environment that millions of Americans don’t understand basic economics. They’ve been conditioned to believe that everything is awful all the time. Ya get more clicks being negative, outlandish, and weird. It pays to misinform.

I understand that the recovery in 2009-2010 was slower than many may have hoped. I understand that inflation is still an issue. Nobody likes payin a few bucks more on eggs, especially when you have that $1,500 dollar cellphone and 75 inch plasma to pay for. . . Life sure is tough! But in my lifetime the economy has always fared far better under Democratic leadership than Republican. And even the poorest Americans are better off than their grandparents were. But I guess it doesn’t generate clicks to remind Americans how good they got it.

Last edited:
this is an incredible record. It’s sad that we live in such a ****ed in media environment that millions of Americans don’t understand basic economics. They’ve been conditioned to believe that everything is awful all the time. Ya get more clicks being negative, outlandish, and weird. It pays to misinform.

I understand that the recovery in 2009-2010 was slower than many may have hoped. I understand that inflation is still an issue. Nobody likes payin a few bucks more on eggs, especially when you have that $1,500 dollar cellphone and 75 inch plasma to pay for. . . Life sure is tough! But in my lifetime the economy has always fared far better under Democratic leadership than Republican. And even the poorest Americans are better off than their grandparents were. But I guess it doesn’t generate clicks to remind Americans how good they got it.
I'm always a bit wary of the jobs creation numbers. One, because they are easy to fudge and they are in fact regularly manipulated somewhat. And two, the president himself has little to go with this aspect of the economy. Well, he doesn't have much to do with the economy in general, but this one especially isn't something he can really impact. And three, it tends to be a somewhat lagging indicator. The economy is slowing and will likely slow even more, but we added record jobs while unemployment is starting to go up? It's indicative more of what was going on a while ago, not right now. I'm glad to see it, but I know our company, for one, is going to see a serious drop in demand. We're consolidating space and we are absolutely not hiring. Amazon and the other tech companies are in the middle of massive layoffs. The jobs creation number just isn't what they want us to think it is.

It seems like it’s happening happening daily now:

View: https://twitter.com/edkrassen/status/1624141040755085364?s=46&t=afM7hb9IjCNOEftcSAxAdA