What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Per the Washington Post article you linked, the decision to delay the initiation of holding Trump accountable was made by Biden's apparatchik AG Merrick Garland. The same guy who worked with the NSBA, who later disavowed and appologized for their involvement, to draft a document as a manufactured pretext to use the Patriot act against concerned parents at school board meetings is the one who orchestrated the delay. Merrick Garland is the political corruption top cat. Merrick Garland wasn't protecting Trump. He hates Trump. Garland thinks Trump stole his spot on the Supreme Court. Merrick Garland held the initiation of prosecution to do maximum damage to Trump and maximum benefit to his team.

If there is a crime then get the evidence, make a judgement on if that evidence meets the threshold likely to win a conviction, go to a grand jury, and file charges. Don't delay things for five years because the target is the President's son. Don't delay things out of "wariness of appearances" which in and of itself is an admission of playing politics with the justice system. The symbol of our justice system is a chick in a blindfold because the justice system isn't supposed to take appearances into account. We don't have that now. We have a politicized justice system.
But Garland isn’t an apparatchik.

-AND- he lied on Federal forms to illegally acquire a firearm which also lands people in prison for multi-year sentences.
Who has pled guilty to this and landed in prison for this crime only? Name 5 people.

When lefties say "these crimes never result in harsh penalties", they are lying.
Reeeeeeeally? Can you name one case of someone who paid all their back taxes before being charged, pled guilty, and still went to prison?

@Al-O-Meter , any luck looking this up?

Who has pled guilty to this and landed in prison for this crime only? Name 5 people.
At least through 2021, that data is available through the US Sentencing Commission. In FY 2021 there were 7,454 convictions for 18 U.S.C. § 922(g), the firearms law Hunter Biden violated.

922sentence.gif

The ACCA is the Armed Career Criminals Act, which doesn't apply to Hunter, but the non-hardened types like Hunter average 55 months in prison for violating 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)

Reeeeeeeally? Can you name one case of someone who paid all their back taxes before being charged, pled guilty, and still went to prison?

@Al-O-Meter , any luck looking this up?
In 2012, rapper Fat Joe — aka Joseph Cartagena — pled guilty to two counts of failing to file taxes with the IRS on more than $3 million in income, reported Reuters. Before his sentencing, he paid $718,000 in back taxes, according to the site.

He was sentenced to four months in prison, a $15,000 fine and one year of supervised release, reported TMZ.

At least through 2021, that data is available through the US Sentencing Commission. In FY 2021 there were 7,454 convictions for 18 U.S.C. § 922(g), the firearms law Hunter Biden violated.
I don't think he committed that crime, unless he bought from an overseas dealer.

(g)It shall be unlawful for any person—
(3)
who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));
to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.

Sure, he was charged with it, but that is standard prosecutorial overreach. Though, this sort of overreach runs counter to your claim that people were protecting Biden. I can't see the gif you attached, but section 924 covers the maximum penalties, which for this case, was 10 years.

The ACCA is the Armed Career Criminals Act, which doesn't apply to Hunter, but the non-hardened types like Hunter average 55 months in prison for violating 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)
Even after a plea bargain? Here's one where a man with several felonies gets 24 months. For statistical data, I went here. For firearms violations committed Category I defendants (least amount of criminal history), over 70% got less than 2 years.

In 2012, rapper Fat Joe — aka Joseph Cartagena — pled guilty to two counts of failing to file taxes with the IRS on more than $3 million in income, reported Reuters. Before his sentencing, he paid $718,000 in back taxes, according to the site.
He failed to file in four years instead of two. He owed over 3 times as much as Biden. He had prior arrests, and was present at several murders. Still, this is technically what I asked for.

Last edited:
The juvenile mentality of the MAGA wing. This is our Congress. Whose Biden articles of impeachment will be introduced? Marge or Lauren? Poor Marge has turned blue in the face over the issue. MY articles of impeachment!

According to two of the sources, Greene then stood up and alleged that Boebert “copied my articles of impeachment,” to which the Colorado lawmaker fired back that she hadn’t even read Greene’s resolution.

“I’ve donated to you, I’ve defended you. But you’ve been nothing but a little bitch to me,” Greene told Boebert, according to a source who witnessed the exchange. “And you copied my articles of impeachment after I asked you to cosponsor them.”

“Lauren Boebert never addressed the conference,” Greene said. “I made it clear to the conference that I have introduced articles of impeachment, literally since Joe Biden’s first day in office.”

“I have been talking about it with everybody forever,” Greene continued. “Literally, everyone. Forever, ‘til I’m blue in the face. You see me? I’m blue in the face.”

The juvenile mentality of the MAGA wing. This is our Congress. Whose Biden articles of impeachment will be introduced? Marge or Lauren? Poor Marge has turned blue in the face over the issue. MY articles of impeachment!

According to two of the sources, Greene then stood up and alleged that Boebert “copied my articles of impeachment,” to which the Colorado lawmaker fired back that she hadn’t even read Greene’s resolution.

“I’ve donated to you, I’ve defended you. But you’ve been nothing but a little bitch to me,” Greene told Boebert, according to a source who witnessed the exchange. “And you copied my articles of impeachment after I asked you to cosponsor them.”

“Lauren Boebert never addressed the conference,” Greene said. “I made it clear to the conference that I have introduced articles of impeachment, literally since Joe Biden’s first day in office.”

“I have been talking about it with everybody forever,” Greene continued. “Literally, everyone. Forever, ‘til I’m blue in the face. You see me? I’m blue in the face.”
These two like to campaign on populism. You know, fighting for the “forgotten man.” Have they proposed anything that would aid in wealth inequality and increase opportunity for those living in their districts?

This is why I find MAGA to be so fake. They’re not actually concerned about inequality and opportunity. Quite the opposite. It’s because of our ridiculous wealth and peace that we have a large segment of our population that is bored with life. They seek relief from this endless boredom through faux outrage, endless culture wars on their perceived enemies, and performance politics. I’m talk about both voters and performance actors like Bobo, MTG, Gaetz, Gym, Massie, football coach, Lee, Cruz, Hawley, Trump, etc.

They seek entertainment through politics. It’s sick. Our own prosperity and peace has created the foundation that a large part of our populace wants to use to wreck our democracy.

These two like to campaign on populism. You know, fighting for the “forgotten man.” Have they proposed anything that would aid in wealth inequality and increase opportunity for those living in their districts?

This is why I find MAGA to be so fake. They’re not actually concerned about inequality and opportunity. Quite the opposite. It’s because of our ridiculous wealth and peace that we have a large segment of our population that is bored with life. They seek relief from this endless boredom through faux outrage, endless culture wars on their perceived enemies, and performance politics. I’m talk about both voters and performance actors like Bobo, MTG, Gaetz, Gym, Massie, football coach, Lee, Cruz, Hawley, Trump, etc.

They seek entertainment through politics. It’s sick. Our own prosperity and peace has created the foundation that a large part of our populace wants to use to wreck our democracy.
These two campaign on junior high school antics. And it says some very negative things about their consituency, both that the people are dumb and gullible enough to think this is an effective way to legistlate, and that they cannot produce anything better. They are the poster children for the downfall of American politics. And the appellation "children" is very apropos.

But Garland isn’t an apparatchik.
Merrick Garland is an apparatchik but he is far from the only one. Leaked testimony is coming out now about Assistant U.S. Attorney Lesley Wolf in the DOJ actively stopping the IRS from going forward with charging Hunter Biden. In addition, when investigating Hunter, Lesley Wolf gave Hunter Biden's lawyer advance notice of a search warrant being approved so Hunter could remove any incriminating evidence before the search.

These two campaign on junior high school antics. And it says some very negative things about their consituency, both that the people are dumb and gullible enough to think this is an effective way to legistlate, and that they cannot produce anything better. They are the poster children for the downfall of American politics. And the appellation "children" is very apropos.
Yep. Agreed

In addition, when investigating Hunter, Lesley Wolf gave Hunter Biden's lawyer advance notice of a search warrant being approved so Hunter could remove any incriminating evidence before the search.
The same way Trump got notice beforehand when the FBI retrieved documents in Mar-a-Lago.

So the spirit of God directed her to be a douchebag, that spirit of God sure is a strange duck
Now I want to make a hard liquor and call it "The Spirit of God" and when I drink it and act a fool I'll just say "The Spirit of God commands me!" and I'll just repeat that over and over until I get arrested or whatever.

At the trial I'll testify that The Spirit of God made me do it and I'm sure that will work really well.