What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

I don't disagree with you here, but both parties should demand better candidates. I really feel like Trump won the first time because the best the Democratic party could push forward was Hillary. If he wins again, a large portion of it will be due to who he is running against.

Hopefully NH, with a large number of independents that can vote in the primary, will vote for Haley, and then hopefully this will cause voters in other states see there is another viable candidate. However, I have no hope for people in this country to do anything reasonable.
Ya but right now there isn't really an option to take bidens place. There are a couple of options to take trumps place. Republicans simply need to vote for those options. Which should be easy and obvious. I mean we are talking about trump here. He is a disaster. Daily. Just saw that the bomb squad had to go to the judges house today because today is the final day in court for trumps new york business case. Literally everyday there is a trump scandal. How stupid do you have to be to vote for the guy.

Ya but right now there isn't really an option to take bidens place. There are a couple of options to take trumps place. Republicans simply need to vote for those options. Which should be easy and obvious. I mean we are talking about trump here. He is a disaster. Daily. Just saw that the bomb squad had to go to the judges house today because today is the final day in court for trumps new york business case. Literally everyday there is a trump scandal. How stupid do you have to be to vote for the guy.

People like him thrive on turmoil so i'm not surprised no scandal has stopped him, but only gives him energy. But for people to vote for that is weird, when there are others who i don't know their politics all that well but seem dignified, articulate & capable.

A Democrat could challenge Biden in a primary, but the party chose not do do anything, even though many party officials are concerned with Biden and his age. It has happened a number of times. I believe the last time a Democrat challenged an incumbent was Carter/Kennedy. And of course on the Rhino side more recently Buchanan unsuccessfully challenged G-Dub. I think Newsom would be a lot more popular choice on the blue side that Biden.

I don't know any Democrats or Independents that are excited to vote for Biden. I unfortunately know many Republicans that are behind Trump (and if you are in Utah you probably do too), but most in my circle simply see Biden as a default, not as a good choice. If Trump wins don't be surprised.

A Democrat could challenge Biden in a primary, but the party chose not do do anything, even though many party officials are concerned with Biden and his age. It has happened a number of times. I believe the last time a Democrat challenged an incumbent was Carter/Kennedy. And of course on the Rhino side more recently Buchanan unsuccessfully challenged G-Dub. I think Newsom would be a lot more popular choice on the blue side that Biden.

I don't know any Democrats or Independents that are excited to vote for Biden. I unfortunately know many Republicans that are behind Trump (and if you are in Utah you probably do too), but most in my circle simply see Biden as a default, not as a good choice. If Trump wins don't be surprised.
Exactly. Nothing an average Joe like me can do about Biden. He is the only option

The Republicans have options. That was my point. They can and should vote for someone else. Democratic voters don't really have an option. Which sucks and is dumb

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Nothing an average Joe like me can do about Biden. He is the only option

The Republicans have options. That was my point. They can and should vote for someone else. Democratic voters don't really have an option. Which sucks and is dumb

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
All Democrats should switch parties and vote for Haley for the primary.

I don't disagree with you here, but both parties should demand better candidates. I really feel like Trump won the first time because the best the Democratic party could push forward was Hillary. If he wins again, a large portion of it will be due to who he is running against.

Hopefully NH, with a large number of independents that can vote in the primary, will vote for Haley, and then hopefully this will cause voters in other states see there is another viable candidate. However, I have no hope for people in this country to do anything reasonable.
This is why we desperately need a viable 3rd party. It's never going to happen but it would tremendously help balance out the county.

All Democrats should switch parties and vote for Haley for the primary.
Agreed 100%. I will actually vote for her in the general. Doubt i would vote for desantis but if it were him vs biden I would probably just sit that election out or vote for a third party candidate.
If its trump vs biden then biden gets my vote by a landslide. No way in hell i ever consider voting for trump.

Agreed 100%. I will actually vote for her in the general. Doubt i would vote for desantis but if it were him vs biden I would probably just sit that election out or vote for a third party candidate.
If its trump vs biden then biden gets my vote by a landslide. No way in hell i ever consider voting for trump.
Pretty bad state of affairs when we think Haley is a good candidate. She's terrible realistically. But yeah she's better than Trump or Biden.

I'm not sure how I would vote if Haley was the nominee. She has some extreme views, but is a breath of fresh air vs Trump.

She's John McCain in a dress. If you liked John McCain's politics then she'll be fine.
Also, she isn't trump which is a huge positive.

Also, she isn't trump which is a huge positive.
The GOP is almost two parties now and she definitely is not on the Trump side. The populist GOP is stronger right now because Trump has a star power than Nikki simply doesn't have but I think it is a mistake to underestimate the neocon wing of the GOP. They do seem to have made quick work of the paleocon Ron DeSantis who I still think would be the best at actually governing even if he is wearing 4" stiletto high heels inside those cowboy boots of his.

John McCain most likely knew the cause of the civil war and most certainly wouldn’t be entertaining the notion to pardon Trump for inciting an insurrection at the capitol.

I like Biden. Sure, he’s old and he’s never been an amazing public speaker. But he’s accomplished a lot and would accomplish much more if Democrats recapture the House and hold the Senate. He’s been able to score wins that progressives could only dream of under Obama and he’s managed to do it without scaring moderates. He’s essentially passed what Liz Warren or Bernie would’ve wanted to pass had they won the White House. He’s handled foreign affairs really well, despite the far left and right doing everything possible to sabotage him.

Plus, the economy is rocking and he’s nominating liberal judges. I’ve been told for years that’s the primary criteria we should judge presidents on. The other day I filled up at a maverick and saw a Biden “I did that” sticker that a dumb cultist must’ve posted over the summer. But now when I see gas prices all I think about is how I can help him win. Apparently Brandon has made gas so cheap that I have no other option than to reelect him! Thanks MAGA!

John McCain most likely knew the cause of the civil war and most certainly wouldn’t be entertaining the notion to pardon Trump for inciting an insurrection at the capitol.
On that we agree. John McCain was vicious in using power to attack those he perceived as enemies within the GOP, and he certainly viewed Trump as an enemy within the GOP. Many talking heads on the right accused Obama of weaponizing the IRS against conservatives during his presidency but it wasn't Obama. It was John McCain who weaponized the IRS against the TEA Party conservatives. Obama didn't stop it because he didn't like the TEA Party conservatives either but it was initiated by John McCain. There is zero chance he'd pardon Trump.

As for Nikki, the Civil War gaffe proved she's not ready for prime time. That was a softball and Nikki totally whiffed. She is the best the neocons have so they're still pushing her. If it makes you feel better, she is a less polished and more easily managed John McCain in a dress. If elected to office, she is almost identical to John McCain from a policy standpoint. She would bring the neocons back to power.

This morning the libertarian-leaning Rand Paul launched a 'Never Nikki' initiative.

On that we agree. John McCain was vicious in using power to attack those he perceived as enemies within the GOP, and he certainly viewed Trump as an enemy within the GOP. Many talking heads on the right accused Obama of weaponizing the IRS against conservatives during his presidency but it wasn't Obama. It was John McCain who weaponized the IRS against the TEA Party conservatives. Obama didn't stop it because he didn't like the TEA Party conservatives either but it was initiated by John McCain. There is zero chance he'd pardon Trump.

As for Nikki, the Civil War gaffe proved she's not ready for prime time. That was a softball and Nikki totally whiffed. She is the best the neocons have so they're still pushing her. If it makes you feel better, she is a less polished and more easily managed John McCain in a dress. If elected to office, she is almost identical to John McCain from a policy standpoint. She would bring the neocons back to power.

This morning the libertarian-leaning Rand Paul launched a 'Never Nikki' initiative.

So she would make america great again? I still never what decade or era trump was referring to when he coined that phrase but imo america was pretty great in mccains day. (of course imo, america has always been great in my lifetime. i have never wanted to live anywhere else)

Probably doesn't matter but better than nothing: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4403038-trump-loses-ground-haley-boost-new-hampshire/

Former President Trump has lost support in New Hampshire since November, while Republican rival Nikki Haley has gained support in the state’s presidential primary, new polling shows.

An Emerson College Polling/WHDH New Hampshire survey released Thursday found Trump with 44 percent support among Republican primary voters in the Granite State, down from 49 percent in November.

Haley, on the other hand, sits at 28 percent, up from 18 percent in November.

I agree somewhat about the Civil War gaffe based on public perception, but the war really was about power. Slavery was definitely part of it, but sadly the North was focused more on power dynamic than slavery. That desire by the North really started two years into the fighting, so her statement was fairly accurate based on my reading of history.

We tend to whitewash history and make it seem like the North was so noble. It has become a political statement. The fact is, most people sucked then, and not much has changed. As I recall, Illinois even had a law restricting black people from entering the state, and the North did not give blacks the ability to be citizens of this country.

The South did list slavery as one of the many reasons to discuss secession, but the focus was the takeover of government by a party they hated, and what they considered to be a huge imbalance of economic power. They felt like the North was exploiting them and they could not do anything about it.

If the South did not force secession, slavery likely would have remained legal for a much longer period.

It is a lot more complicated than this, lots of events happened that led to this, but if you belive slavery was the key component of the war I have a bridge to sell you.

Probably doesn't matter but better than nothing: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4403038-trump-loses-ground-haley-boost-new-hampshire/

Former President Trump has lost support in New Hampshire since November, while Republican rival Nikki Haley has gained support in the state’s presidential primary, new polling shows.

An Emerson College Polling/WHDH New Hampshire survey released Thursday found Trump with 44 percent support among Republican primary voters in the Granite State, down from 49 percent in November.

Haley, on the other hand, sits at 28 percent, up from 18 percent in November.
Indys can vote in the primary, so it is her best bet. I assume she will get most of that vote as there is no challenge to biden. If she can win that the hope is voter have a sea change when they see there is a viable candidate besides Trump.

I agree somewhat about the Civil War gaffe based on public perception, but the war really was about power. Slavery was definitely part of it, but sadly the North was focused more on power dynamic than slavery. That desire by the North really started two years into the fighting, so her statement was fairly accurate based on my reading of history.

The early activities by both the North and the South indicate that slavery was the primary concern.