What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

In recent years, the Wisconsin Supreme Court has been hit with a series of threats, part of a harassment campaign against public officials and institutions that has become increasingly common across the country.

"We are at a moment of time where our democracy literally is on the line, and we have to figure out if we are just going to turn it over to a bunch of insurrectionists who think it is perfectly okay to use violence and intimidation to get the rulings that they want in a courtroom," Karofsky told the newspaper.
"Or are we going to have a democracy where people follow the rule of law?" she continued. "f I don't stand up and if other people don't stand up, and we don't talk about this, we're going to lose this battle."

In recent years, the Wisconsin Supreme Court has been hit with a series of threats, part of a harassment campaign against public officials and institutions that has become increasingly common across the country.

"We are at a moment of time where our democracy literally is on the line, and we have to figure out if we are just going to turn it over to a bunch of insurrectionists who think it is perfectly okay to use violence and intimidation to get the rulings that they want in a courtroom," Karofsky told the newspaper.
"Or are we going to have a democracy where people follow the rule of law?" she continued. "f I don't stand up and if other people don't stand up, and we don't talk about this, we're going to lose this battle."

With democracy on the line the Democrats are sticking with Dementia Man. What a colossal mistake.

With democracy on the line the Democrats are sticking with Dementia Man. What a colossal mistake.
Agreed.
I have said it many times but here it goes again. It seems like no one wants to win the election this year. If the democrats just close their eyes and throw a dart at any candidate then they beat trump easily imo. If the republicans close their eyes and throw a dart at any candidate then they beat biden easily. Yet both parties are sticking with their candidates that the country dislikes the most of all.

Donald Trump is fueling a lie on social media that Nikki Haley is not eligible to be president.

But just like he did to Obama, Harris and Cruz when they were his primary political opponents, Trump pushing the racist idea that because Haley has immigrant parents (her parents are from India), she must not be a real American and is therefore disqualified from running for president. Haley was born in South Carolina. She is a natural-born U.S. citizen. She is eligible to be president.

Trump aggressively spread this lie about Obama, for years, fueling wild conspiracy theories about Obama being born in Kenya instead of Hawaii, where he was actually born. Trump routinely demanded that Obama release his full birth certificate to prove where he was born, and when Obama actually did, Trump questioned its authenticity.

After five years of doing this, Trump abruptly reversed course in September 2016, admitting that Obama was born in the United States and moving on as if nothing had happened.

In August 2020, Trump tried the same attacks on Harris. A Trump campaign spokesperson questioned Harris’ citizenship in an interview with ABC News, and later that day, Trump said that Harris possibly “doesn’t meet the requirements” to serve as vice president.

Harris was born in Oakland, California.

Ironically, Trump may be the one who ends up disqualified from being president because he incited an insurrection on Jan. 6, 2021.

Interesting how Trump wants to use interpretation of constitution requirements to prevent his opponents from being on the ballot, yet complains about how that very thing is anti democracy when it happens to him.

His father was a German immigrant...glass houses anyone?

Donald Trump is fueling a lie on social media that Nikki Haley is not eligible to be president.

But just like he did to Obama, Harris and Cruz when they were his primary political opponents, Trump pushing the racist idea that because Haley has immigrant parents (her parents are from India), she must not be a real American and is therefore disqualified from running for president. Haley was born in South Carolina. She is a natural-born U.S. citizen. She is eligible to be president.

Trump aggressively spread this lie about Obama, for years, fueling wild conspiracy theories about Obama being born in Kenya instead of Hawaii, where he was actually born. Trump routinely demanded that Obama release his full birth certificate to prove where he was born, and when Obama actually did, Trump questioned its authenticity.

After five years of doing this, Trump abruptly reversed course in September 2016, admitting that Obama was born in the United States and moving on as if nothing had happened.

In August 2020, Trump tried the same attacks on Harris. A Trump campaign spokesperson questioned Harris’ citizenship in an interview with ABC News, and later that day, Trump said that Harris possibly “doesn’t meet the requirements” to serve as vice president.

Harris was born in Oakland, California.

Ironically, Trump may be the one who ends up disqualified from being president because he incited an insurrection on Jan. 6, 2021.

Interesting how Trump wants to use interpretation of constitution requirements to prevent his opponents from being on the ballot, yet complains about how that very thing is anti democracy when it happens to him.

His father was a German immigrant...glass houses anyone?
I think it is obvious that to Trump brown = not a real American.

Trump is showing far more signs of dementia than Biden.
Yep. And still the Democrats choose to go with someone who is showing signs of dementia.

Just because the Republicans are looking to nominate a dude showing signs of dementia doesn't make it a smart idea for the Democrats to make the same decision.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Not really. Trump doesn't have dementia. Biden does. We can talk about all the other stuff Trump has though, while Biden just has dementia.
Yes, really. Biden shows the typical forgetfulness of has age, my father is going through similar things. That's not dementia. Trump has been moody, paranoid, and repetitive -- behaviors associated with dementia. Trump also has a family history of dementia.

Eh they both are too old and both shows signs of losing it.
Don't really care who is a bit worse than who. Point is that both parties are going to present them to us as our option for president when everyone knows they are both losing it.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Yes, really. Biden shows the typical forgetfulness of has age, my father is going through similar things. That's not dementia. Trump has been moody, paranoid, and repetitive -- behaviors associated with dementia. Trump also has a family history of dementia.

trump just is moody paranoid, repetitive and delusional. That's not new Biden has been deteriorating at a rate of knots.

ffs how stupid are both these parties. Surely the first one to boot these stupid old men and present a candidate who is articulate and not a complete ****wit would win easily

I liked what desantis and Haley said about trump last night:
"That election, Trump lost it. Biden won the election," Haley said in response to a question about whether she agreed with the former president’s argument that he should be immune from prosecution (which she called “absolutely ridiculous”). "Jan. 6 was a terrible day and President Trump will have to answer for it."

DeSantis went even further.

"I think the D.C. Circuit is going to rule against Donald Trump on that issue," DeSantis said. "Donald Trump's going to lose that appeal. He's going to end up going to trial in front of a stacked left-wing D.C. jury of all Democrats. … I don’t think he gets through that. So what are we going to do as Republicans in terms of who we nominate as president? If Trump is the nominee it’s going to be about Jan. 6, legal issues, criminal trials.”

Not wishing for or taking any action in favor of, but if I woke up tomorrow and both Biden and Trump died in their sleep tonight it would give me a brighter outlook for the future of the U.S..
I don't mind Biden generally, but he is too old. Clearly his brain is running on slow speed at best. I've seen him get lost on stage, apparently make up new words in his speeches, and recently go back up and start talking again when his speech was done and music was playing. Finishing out a presidency in this condition is tolerable, but four more years of decline if he even lives that long does not seem to be the best idea for the country.

Trump is not too far behind age wise, and is a selfish egomaniac.

It's like we are stuck in a choose your own adventure book where one direction crushes you by a boulder and the other direction traps you in a room with acid dripping from the ceiling that will kill you slowly. Can't we just go back a few pages and choose a different direction?

I don't mind Biden generally, but he is too old. Clearly his brain is running on slow speed at best. I've seen him get lost on stage, apparently make up new words in his speeches, and recently go back up and start talking again when his speech was done and music was playing. Finishing out a presidency in this condition is tolerable, but four more years of decline if he even lives that long does not seem to be the best idea for the country.

Trump is not too far behind age wise, and is a selfish egomaniac.

It's like we are stuck in a choose your own adventure book where one direction crushes you by a boulder and the other direction traps you in a room with acid dripping from the ceiling that will kill you slowly. Can't we just go back a few pages and choose a different direction?
The solution seems so so so easy. Hey republicans, dont vote for trump in the primaries! If you nominate a non trump candidate then guess what? tons of people like myself wont vote for biden and you can actually win!
maga gonna maga though.

The solution seems so so so easy. Hey republicans, dont vote for trump in the primaries! If you nominate a non trump candidate then guess what? tons of people like myself wont vote for biden and you can actually win!
maga gonna maga though.
I don't disagree with you here, but both parties should demand better candidates. I really feel like Trump won the first time because the best the Democratic party could push forward was Hillary. If he wins again, a large portion of it will be due to who he is running against.

Hopefully NH, with a large number of independents that can vote in the primary, will vote for Haley, and then hopefully this will cause voters in other states see there is another viable candidate. However, I have no hope for people in this country to do anything reasonable.