What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Personally, I don't think people should be treated like lab rats.
Really? So, Ivermectin was shown in a peer reviewed study published by a prominent academic journal to reduce cell-associated viral RNA by 99.8 % in 24 hours IN A LABORATORY.

So you think we should just use the lab results as all the information we need to declare it the best? Is that what you believe? No people testing needed and all science is done? Or should we maybe see what it does in people before we go crazy with declaring it better than the vaccines?

How could it possibly get any worse? The timeframe doesn't matter, the complete ineptness of your stupid president to leave Americans and its allies behind not to mention surrender airbases and billions in weapons is the problem. Nobody was against us leaving, nobody.
Moved to the Biden Administration thread.

Just off the top of my head, it could have been worse by:
Suffering the loss of over 100 servicemen in trying to keep Kabul secure during the evacuation, instead of 13.
Transporting out less than 1,000 people instead of over 125,000.
Leaving behind weapons that could be maintained and used, instead of what will be rotting junk in a few months.

This could have been so, so much worse.

Moved to the Biden Administration thread.

Just off the top of my head, it could have been worse by:
Suffering the loss of over 100 servicemen in trying to keep Kabul secure during the evacuation, instead of 13.
Transporting out less than 1,000 people instead of over 125,000.
Leaving behind weapons that could be maintained and used, instead of what will be rotting junk in a few months.

This could have been so, so much worse.
But Taliban offered Biden full control of Kabul. None of this hypothetical would've happened.

But Taliban offered Biden full control of Kabul. None of this hypothetical would've happened.

Full control of Kabul means American troops are guarding it. The more troops we have out there and the further they are extended, the bigger the target we present for ISIS-K. I don't know why this is not obvious to you.

Full control of Kabul means American troops are guarding it. The more troops we have out there and the further they are extended, the bigger the target we present for ISIS-K. I don't know why this is not obvious to you.
So you think it was a success? What parts exactly?

So you think it was a success? What parts exactly?
You asked "How could it possibly get any worse?", I answered. There is a lot of room between 'could not get worse' and 'unqualified success'. I won't even claim it went as well as could be expected.

Really? So, Ivermectin was shown in a peer reviewed study published by a prominent academic journal to reduce cell-associated viral RNA by 99.8 % in 24 hours IN A LABORATORY.

So you think we should just use the lab results as all the information we need to declare it the best? Is that what you believe? No people testing needed and all science is done? Or should we maybe see what it does in people before we go crazy with declaring it better than the vaccines?
Ivermectin could very well help, but it's about the right dosage which is the issue right now with some taking OTC medications while others are taking products not fit for humans.

Morphine definitely helps with pain management, but there's a big difference between taking 10 mg and 8 oz. You mentioned in an earlier post that we need to understand efficacy and I agree completely - I'm all for it working if it can be harnessed in a constructive way that health professionals can agree upon, not social media influencers.

Ivermectin could very well help, but it's about the right dosage which is the issue right now with some taking OTC medications while others are taking products not fit for humans.

Morphine definitely helps with pain management, but there's a big difference between taking 10 mg and 8 oz.
No it's not. It's about dismantling any other helpful cure so big Pharma, you know the companies that charge 10000% more for for life saving drugs, can get richer.

No it's not. It's about dismantling any other helpful cure so big Pharma, you know the companies that charge 10000% more for for life saving drugs, can get richer.
Sure, Big Pharm will get richer if they can take something and market it as that's their MO, but my central point is that a safe and effective dosage needs to be understood. People taking ivermectin right now have no concept on what is the right dosage or method - and getting their advice from Facebook is a dangerous move that can cost human capital.

Sure, Big Pharm will get richer if they can take something and market it as that's their MO, but my central point is that a safe and effective dosage needs to be understood. People taking ivermectin right now have no concept on what is the right dosage or method - and getting their advice from Facebook is a dangerous move that can cost human capital.
Agree but I say let natural selection run it's course.

Literally one of the biggest Presidential blunders in our history.

Sacramento Democratic Rep. Ami Bera told Fox News that his office and the district are working hand-in-hand to bring the students home, but noted that the Biden administration has yet to provide an update on how they will safely bring the children home.

"Our office has been in close contact with the San Juan Unified School District, and have urgently flagged this with the Department of Defense and State Department. We have not received an update from DOD or State," a spokesperson for Bera told the outlet.

Agree but I say let natural selection run it's course.
Yeah, I get it. It's why we have instructions for use - if Tylenol bottles were simply blank and all you knew is that they can help with pain, do I take 1 pill, 6 pills, the whole bottle? Everything needs rules of engagement and I wish people would think this through a bit or at least consult their medical provider.

But I agree that it's on them to make their own choices whether they prove to be smart or ends up sending them to the ER - your body, your choice.

Literally one of the biggest Presidential blunders in our history.
I think the bigger blunder was sending the kids in the first place. I knew a few months ago the deadline was the end of August. Why were the kids even there?

I think the bigger blunder was sending the kids in the first place. I knew a few months ago the deadline was the end of August. Why were the kids even there?
Yay blaming the victims. Great job Democrats!!! But here ask her... Can't you answer her for me since you voted for Biden?

"Am I safe? Now the question is my life. Am I safe? Are these people are safe?” Sara responded, referring to 37 other people, comprised of numerous children, that she is stuck with. “I don’t even think they are safe because they will be – they’re in my house, because now they are more targets than ever before because they are living in my house. And I’m an American. I’m a former interpreter. I worked for 14 years. And what is next for us?”

“We just smell the death. I’m afraid to let them go out, or myself to go out,” she continued. “There is 37 of them in my house right now. And what is next move for me? I have no idea. But I never felt like this. I went to so many different missions with military, so many different missions, in different provinces. I never had that heartbeat, like I have it today, this morning, when they told me the American left. They left us to whom? To those people, who they were always wanting to kill us? And now, I’m by myself here, with 37 people. This is my fear that if American could not help me, when they were on the ground, how will they help me now, when there no one is here? That’s my question.

Yay blaming the victims.
What victims? Any of them have any violence committed on them yet? Is there any reason to think the Taliban won't help them leave, once they have consolidated?

But here ask her... Can't you answer her for me since you voted for Biden?

"Am I safe? Now the question is my life. Am I safe? Are these people are safe?”
The Taliban does not want to piss us off right after getting us to leave.

What victims? Any of them have any violence committed on them yet? Is there any reason to think the Taliban won't help them leave, once they have consolidated?

The Taliban does not want to piss us off right after getting us to leave.
The victims left behind by your president. Jfc did you not read the lady there saying death is all around and she can't even leave the house? Wtf are you talking about?

English onebrow...

Victim- someone or something that is harmed by an unpleasant event.

What victims?

I don't want them to kill my kids': Afghan translator's desperate journey from the clutches of the Taliban to a new life in the US​

Morphine definitely helps with pain management, but there's a big difference between taking 10 mg and 8 oz. You mentioned in an earlier post that we need to understand efficacy and I agree completely - I'm all for it working if it can be harnessed in a constructive way that health professionals can agree upon, not social media influencers.
I'll take 8 oz please and thank you.