What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Quit lying, you was still sucking on your mammys ***** when Bush Jr was in office. You wern't old enough to vote, why you such a lying bastard?
Why are you so angry?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

he's as thick as two planks
24zNOTICED1-articleLarge.jpg

Sounds like the $15 minimum wage thing is out of the stimulus bill, do wish they'd managed to pull that together.

Sounds like the $15 minimum wage thing is out of the stimulus bill, do wish they'd managed to pull that together.
Oh come on you greedy bastard we just had a minimum wage increase in 2009 iirc.

Oh come on you greedy bastard we just had a minimum wage increase in 2009 iirc.

Yep, went all the way from $6.55 to $7.25 around 12 years ago. When I had my first job it was $4.25 in 1993. So from 1991 to today, 30 years later, minimum wage has gone up $3/hr. $3 in 30 years. And $0 in 12 years.

I love listening to hourly wage earners explain why min wage increases hurt them.

Joe BIden and the Democratic party are all big pieces of **** for the Georgia/2K checks scam they pulled.

I still dont get how this county of morons failed so hard to get Bernie elected. There is like a very small handful of politicians screaming for your rights, and we still cant do the sensible thing and vote them to the highest positions of power possible.

Yep, went all the way from $6.55 to $7.25 around 12 years ago. When I had my first job it was $4.25 in 1993. So from 1991 to today, 30 years later, minimum wage has gone up $3/hr. $3 in 30 years. And $0 in 12 years.

I love listening to hourly wage earners explain why min wage increases hurt them.
My first real job was 4.25 per hour too. Artic circle cook back in 93 as well.
I did have a few jobs before they but I don't consider them "real" jobs. I had a paper route when I was like 8 or something and I was a janitor at a barber shop called top cuts when I was like 12.

Because he doesn't buy the Biden dimentia far right wing hate machine propoganda? **** outa here with this assholery.
No, because he supports a terrorist organization, pAntifa. Anyone who wore the uniform who now supports a communist terrorist organization is a damn disgrace.

They need to stop trying to bury **** or tack **** on to these bills. Just put a clean bill through and let's discuss the discreet issues. Put in a bill for the stimulus for individuals, another for businesses, and then another for minimum wage changes, or something like that, so we can see the discreet costs and not just one big indecipherable number. That is a big problem in our legislature, they try to add crap onto bills that would get passed if they want all the other stuff. That pork barrel **** has to stop.

I know this wasn't directly that same issue, but it is related to the practice.

My first real job was 4.25 per hour too. Artic circle cook back in 93 as well.
I did have a few jobs before they but I don't consider them "real" jobs. I had a paper route when I was like 8 or something and I was a janitor at a barber shop called top cuts when I was like 12.

Mine was 3.65 in '85. Cleaning the meat department in a now-defunct grocery store. I was very happy with that as it was like a quarter more than minumum I think. But hated the job, with a passion.

Mine was 3.65 in '85. Cleaning the meat department in a now-defunct grocery store. I was very happy with that as it was like a quarter more than minumum I think. But hated the job, with a passion.
Mine was $2.65, working in the kitchen at a Red Barn.

They need to stop trying to bury **** or tack **** on to these bills. Just put a clean bill through and let's discuss the discreet issues. Put in a bill for the stimulus for individuals, another for businesses, and then another for minimum wage changes, or something like that, so we can see the discreet costs and not just one big indecipherable number. That is a big problem in our legislature, they try to add crap onto bills that would get passed if they want all the other stuff. That pork barrel **** has to stop.

I know this wasn't directly that same issue, but it is related to the practice.
The minimum wage increase isn't being included because they are using some budget process that requires a simple majority vote to pass. Minimum wage doesn't meet the requirements so the D's would have to work with R's to get anything through.

There are much better ways to help the working poor, and Biden's plan has some included.

On a related note, I found this proposal from Senator Romney today that's worth reading: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo.../mitt-romney-child-allowance-tax-credit-biden

IMO it effectively opens the door on UBI.

Giving ourselves more money (through wages) is a pretty dang good/simple way to help the working poor. Personally I'd prefer it tied to some sort of index so we don't have to keep doing this same old song and dance.

I read through Romney's proposal a couple weeks back and remember generally liking it though I've lost the details since then.

So the Biden administration released details that tie Saudi Crown Prince to the killing of Khashoggi. Trump covered for Salman in the wake of the killing.

Trump repeatedly covered for Putin.

Trump sucked, hard.

All through the latter part of the campaign, I understood the $2000 was $1400 over the last stimulus. I can't explain why you didn't.
Ya that was obvious.
I think cy is referencing something else because not only did he mention 2,000 but he specifically mentioned Georgia?