What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Holy ****, is that why flags are lowered? Jesus ****ing hell man. I want to get a flag and raise it extra high. Anyone know where this POS is buried so I can piss on his grave?

Reactions: Red
That would seem to be a waste of good piss.
I went to Costco a little earlier and was like "why is the flag lowered?" And I find out it's for Rush ****ing ditto head heroin addict idiot Limbaugh!

Still in a sort of shock at Hitler America. Such a huge relief that **** is behind us.
But is it? Don’t most of us expect trump to run in 2024? And if he doesn’t, isn’t it basically a lock that a Trump like candidate will be the Republican nominee? They don’t have to win the popular vote. I can easily see Republicans winning the White House in 2024 just by the voter suppression laws they’re passing right now.

The electoral college is acting as one of the greatest enemies of our democracy right now. And it’s only going to get worse as Republicans become more extreme and focus merely on winning just enough of the electoral college to regain power rather than winning over the majority of the population.

But is it? Don’t most of us expect trump to run in 2024? And if he doesn’t, isn’t it basically a lock that a Trump like candidate will be the Republican nominee? They don’t have to win the popular vote. I can easily see Republicans winning the White House in 2024 just by the voter suppression laws they’re passing right now.

The electoral college is acting as one of the greatest enemies of our democracy right now. And it’s only going to get worse as Republicans become more extreme and focus merely on winning just enough of the electoral college to regain power rather than winning over the majority of the population.
A little off topic as far as the above post goes, but actually very on topic.

Rush Limbaugh and Newt Gingrich ushered in a new era of conservative politics in the U.S.. It was a take no prisoners, make no compromises, energize the base by going to the extreme on popular issues. This directly led to the absurdity of Trump taking over the Republican Party. It is absolutely absurd that Trump has even a slight voice in U.S. politics let alone the loudest single voice in my lifetime.

I mean if you're reading this and are not aware that Trump is a straight up clown you are not an impressive example of the human species. Yet here we are. We've come up for air and it feels really good, but we might be under water again sooner than we'd like. Trumpism is not dead. This is a thing that will most likely need to be burned away with hot fire. Funny that the Trumpers think they're the front runners in that fight, but they do think that. They are completely convinced that they will win any violent confrontation. They are under the impression that only conservative white nationalist idiots have guns. **** it's funny watching idiots be idiots.

The North Remembers... when they kicked your confederate asses the first time.

A little off topic as far as the above post goes, but actually very on topic.

Rush Limbaugh and Newt Gingrich ushered in a new era of conservative politics in the U.S.. It was a take no prisoners, make no compromises, energize the base by going to the extreme on popular issues. This directly led to the absurdity of Trump taking over the Republican Party. It is absolutely absurd that Trump has even a slight voice in U.S. politics let alone the loudest single voice in my lifetime.

I mean if you're reading this and are not aware that Trump is a straight up clown you are not an impressive example of the human species. Yet here we are. We've come up for air and it feels really good, but we might be under water again sooner than we'd like. Trumpism is not dead. This is a thing that will most likely need to be burned away with hot fire. Funny that the Trumpers think they're the front runners in that fight, but they do think that. They are completely convinced that they will win any violent confrontation. They are under the impression that only conservative white nationalist idiots have guns. **** it's funny watching idiots be idiots.

The North Remembers... when they kicked your confederate asses the first time.
You are right. To me the problem is that this is really not "Trumpism". Trump was just the festering boil that brought the rotting cancer underneath into the light. This is a deeper sickness within a large part of the conservative base. I am lucky my friends and family who are staunch conservatives at least realize that there are big problems with these movements, by and large anyway.

I have other family and acquaintances who are either full-on in the movement, or what I call supporters-in-denial, meaning they, maybe even unknowingly, support the agenda, but express denial of the reality of it. My BIL, of whom I have spoken before, is a prime example. A staunch "all lives matter" closet racist, who wanted Trump to win again, because he feels white males are the most suppressed group in America because, you know, all men are created equal, but some are meant to be more equal than others. He also quasi-supported the raid on the capitol stating it was about time someone stood up to the tyranny of...what exactly, the democracy I guess? We can't be held hostage by the tyranny of the masses is what I believe he posted. My daughter rightly corrected his phrase to say "tyranny of the legal votes" or something like that, so he blocked her on facebook. No dissenting opinions allowed, obviously. Might pop our little bubble.

It is the rotting cancer at the heart of the republican party, combined with these more fringe supporters-in-denial conservatives that drives this agenda forward, Trump just made it more visible, brought it into the mainstream, gave it legitimacy, and gave them confidence in the righteousness of their phantom feelings of oppression. But make no mistake, this is dangerous, and I believe will lead to more domestic terrorism before it gets better.

To me it is the death-throes of the racist core of America. Slowly but surely the cancer is being eradicated, but as it diminishes, it fights harder and harder to stay alive, like a cornered animal. But also like cancer, it will take years to get every last bit of it out. But it is worth the fight.

Brings me back to a pet peeve. I wish there was a standard easy way to know why the flags are at half staff, easy like listed right there with the weather.

I did just find this: https://halfstaff.org/

I really hope that after some time has passed, people will move on with their lives after the pandemic. They might get tired of constant outrage and get used to a president who isn't craving attention. Perhaps by 2023, Trumpism won't be appealing to so many.

I really hope that after some time has passed, people will move on with their lives after the pandemic. They might get tired of constant outrage and get used to a president who isn't craving attention. Perhaps by 2023, Trumpism won't be appealing to so many.

bizzare that in a country of 360 mil the bar has been lowered so far that you're happy to have a president who can't string a sentence together but isn't a nutjob