What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

This should raise the questions, “why is he saying this? What’s to be gained? Which constituency is he targeting?”

I think we can learn a lot from Republican leaders and how they view their voters by asking those questions…

Reactions: Red

I believe this deserves its own thread. Mostly because I want to understand it better.

This has become a very effective issue that the GOP is pushing. Just like white privilege, most older white people just have an automatic negative reaction to it. They don't need to really understand it, they just know that it isn't there to benefit them at the expense of POC. That's all they really need to know.

Damn, Virginia Democrats dressed up as Tiki Torch holding Republicans. Just like January 6th huh, you guys and your false flags.

Here’s something Trump did with Russia. Here is your former president. On the world stage. On foreign soil. Siding with the leader of what has been our chief geopolitical rival since the end of the Second World War. Is there a word to describe this, besides disgraceful? On foreign soil, he trash talks domestic politics, which can only please Putin, and takes Putin’s side. On foreign soil. In front of the entire world. This guy, Trump, was on our side??

Your side is taking an L in the information WAR.

Your side is taking an L in the information WAR.
I think you’re referring to disinformation, and yes, the Republicans will run, in both 2022, and 2024, using the Big Lie as their focus. The 2024 election, in particular, will see the Republican Party base their campaign on the disinformation that supports the Big Lie. Hence, slogans like “Revenge the Democrat’s theft”, “Reverse the steal”, or other clever lunacies will be the backbone of the Republican campaigns in the two upcoming elections. This should please no American, but of course it will please those who do not care how much damage they do to our body politic. Those for whom the Post Truth era serves their political ambitions. These people are of course not the patriots they self proclaim themselves to be. They are instead Americans who apparently hate their country enough, unknowingly perhaps, but all the same, that they are oblivious to how damaging a Post Truth landscape is. Adopting the position they do will cast doubt on all future elections. They don’t seem to realize adopting Post Truth is the equivalent of no longer being able to put the toothpaste back into the tube.

I do believe future generations of Americans, and future historians, will judge such Americans as harshly as they should be judged.

I think you’re referring to disinformation, and yes, the Republicans will run, in both 2022, and 2024, using the Big Lie as their focus.
I think you have that 180 degrees backwards. Look at the Virginia Governor’s race. The backwards looking party digging up 2020 and January 6 is Terry McAuliffe. I’m guessing that you are listening to left-leaning sources who say the GOP will be about ‘The Big Lie’ because they desperately want it to be true. In reality, the strategy for the GOP, as evidenced by Glenn Youngkin, is going two pronged with talking points centered on Biden’s garbage economy/inflation, and schools/kids. If Glenn Youngkin wins, his campaign will be the template for 2022.

There was a recent NBC News poll showing 71% of Americans think America is headed in the wrong direction. The internals have Americans trusting the GOP more on nearly every single aspect with the exception of climate change, and no one votes based on climate change. With so many crowd-pleasing strengths to choose from, there is zero chance the 2022 candidates will be backwards looking to ‘The Big Lie’. That is wishful thinking.

I’m guessing that you are listening to left-leaning sources who say the GOP will be about ‘The Big Lie’ because they desperately want it to be true.
If Trump runs in 2024, the message will be about avenging the 2020 theft. Which is of course the Big Lie. And is it not clear by now that it is the Republicans who believe the Big Lie, who want it to be true? I don’t care who is leaning in what direction. The sources saying Trump will focus on revenge, will continue to claim a victory in 2020 was stolen from him, have not been paying too close attention to Trump.

Heck, I could be listening to conservative George Will as easily as MSNBC, lol.

Trump has emphasized he could only lose if an election was rigged since many months before the 2016 election. And Republicans fearing Trump will see to it they are challenged in primaries are supporting him in his claims.
there is zero chance the 2022 candidates will be backwards looking to ‘The Big Lie’. That is wishful thinking.
Yes, less reason to rely on that message in the midterms, true. However, I’m curious why I would see promoting the Big Lie and Post Truth as “wishful thinking”? I don’t think it ever helps to promote untruths. And I seriously doubt any self professed Democrats would “wish” for such a narrative either. Have you read the quote from Timothy Snyder in my signature? He is spot on, IMO. None of my personal “wishes” involve promoting the Post Truth landscape that Trump supporting Republicans, not Democrats, are promoting and supporting. And it’s the last thing you would find in any of my wishful thinkings….

I’m curious why I would see promoting the Big Lie and Post Truth as “wishful thinking”? I don’t think it ever helps to promote untruths. And I seriously doubt any self professed Democrats would “wish” for such a narrative either.
Because that is a winning issue for Democrats. Trump is a winning issue for Democrats. Making ‘The Big Lie’ the central issue makes Donald Trump the central issue, and Democrats seem to desperately want that. The Youngkin campaign cut a hilarious commercial poking fun at how desperate Democrats appear to center Trump in the election.

With the current mood of the country, if the election focuses on anything else besides Trump then the Democrats are going down hard even in places where Biden won by 10 points only a handful of months ago. I admit that it was an assumption on my part in how much you valued Democrats winning elections. If you would prefer that we leave the past in the past and focus on issues in the upcoming election then I want that too and I apologize for the implication that you held winning elections above focusing on the issues at hand.

As for the quote in your signature, idk if it is a setting in my account but I don't see the signature or anyone's signatures.

there is zero chance the 2022 candidates will be backwards looking to ‘The Big Lie’. That is wishful thinking.
Actually, it occurs to me that I can better identify where the wishful thinking is located. It is located squarely with the people who believe Donald Trump won the 2020 election. They wish!

And thanks to Trump, and the Hannity’s and Carlson’s in our media, and the gutless Republican politicians, they do more than wishfully think, they believe it. And it will serve as a strong motivator in 2024, should he run again.

For me, watching a man attempt to outright steal an election by claiming he is actually fighting to prevent the election from being stolen from him, is about as surreal a moment in American history as I can think of, off the top. Trump has consistently accused others of actions that he himself commits. Repeatedly he has done just that.

I continue to be surprised that people cannot recognize the con for what it is, when it’s right there for all the world to clearly see. Maybe I can ascribe it to wishful thinking and hatred of liberals. What a shame.

Actually, it occurs to me that I can better identify where the wishful thinking is located. It is located squarely with the people who believe Donald Trump won the 2020 election. They wish!

And thanks to Trump, and the Hannity’s and Carlson’s in our media, and the gutless Republican politicians, they do more than wishfully think, they believe it. And it will serve as a strong motivator in 2024, should he run again.

For me, watching a man attempt to outright steal an election by claiming he is actually fighting to prevent the election from being stolen from him, is about as surreal a moment in American history as I can think of, off the top. Trump has consistently accused others of actions that he himself commits. Repeatedly he has done just that.

I continue to be surprised that people cannot recognize the con for what it is, when it’s right there for all the world to clearly see. Maybe I can ascribe it to wishful thinking and hatred of liberals. What a shame.
@VADEMOCRATS LMAO!

We got the receipts on this, just waiting on the 10,000 hrs worth of video from the WH to once again prove how sick the Democratic party is. Professionals at the false flags.

Last edited:
@VADEMOCRATS LMAO!

We got the receipts on this, just waiting on the 10,000 hrs worth of video from the WH to once again prove how sick the Democratic party is. Professionals at the false flags.

Honestly, how STUPID are you people?

Anybody have act idea wtf hack is posting about? Ya me neither

Anybody have act idea wtf hack is posting about? Ya me neither
Watch last night's episode of Hannity and Tucker Carlson and I bet it'll start making sense. I'm sure he's just regurgitating what his puppet masters have sent him out to regurgitate.

Some guys in the Virginia Democratic party stood someplace while holding tiki torches, which is apparently sinister for some reason.

You're skipping over all the important details. The costumes were so damn obvious. It looks like some Dem hack hired some Lincoln Project folks to do the gig.

who knows.

right wing activists don't really exist any more than unicorns. Right Wing is a European construct for a political system that is fundamentally dissimilar to that of the US. We have a Constitution, we have a government accountable to the ordinary peopl3e. People who like that are not NAZI or racist or whatever. It's their government. They still want to run it. That "people" is whatever people. Political ideologies imported from Europe all want to overthrow the US Constitution because it is not ideological or elitist, it just is subject to a Constitution with a design to make ideological or factional takeovers difficult.

A financial professional from the Carlyle Group is likely some kind of person who believes in property rights and stable government of a long term prospects. Youngkin probably isn't a patriot sort of conservative, probably favors world economic models of cooperation based on good economics not politically owned enterprises. Probably not a big China man like BloomingIdiotberg. Youngkin did appear on Breitbart and Fox.

I don't believe he can win after the lawyers get done with the votes. But he is a likely mainstream alternative to Trump.