What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

18 months, and that's not enough time to go from lease to pumping.

I still don't know what "esg" is. Is there a shortage of leases available? Has the cost of leases for the purpose of producing oil increased?

Not sure what he could have done that would have helped this year.
How do you figure its not enough time for lease to pumping? Most leases are already settled. Planning, permitting, drill, completion, flowback, put online takes 9 mos. tops.

I broadly agree that most of the price hikes are unrelated to biden, but its had an impact at the margins.

ESG is an investment philosophy around environment, social, and governance. Its basically divestment.

This is the celebrity effect in full bloom, where people of questionable intelligence and morality become celebrities through sports or entertainment, people tell them they are the greatest, they receive huge accolades in their chosen profession, they get millions of followers on social media, they get money, and by extension power, thrown at them left and right, they get fringe nut jobs "liking" everything they say, so they develop an inflated sense of their own intelligence and a heightened belief that their opinion matters more than everyone else's, for reasons. So they take that celebrity and end up in positions to speak their mind, only their minds are generally vacuous and only capable of twit-sized outbursts, so when they have to actually, you know, speak intelligently to any topic, they fail spectacularly. But somewhere there will be hundreds if not thousands of other morlocks hanging on their every word, eager to "like" and "subscribe" to their deleterious ******** as it eats away at the underpinnings of society like crashing waves took down that house in the news.

It is funny to laugh at, but anything but laughable considering it does real harm to the fabric of our society as people believe this **** and make decisions and do things that affect other people based on it. It is really terrifying in its own way.

But tax cuts, judges, and something about liberal tears

On a serious note, voters share responsibility in this. Stop ****ing falling for celebrities. We keep electing morons to leadership positions and wonder why government isn’t working right. We are our own worst enemy. If Georgia elects Walker then they shouldn’t bitch when the government they elect is slow to respond to their needs.

How do you figure its not enough time for lease to pumping? Most leases are already settled. Planning, permitting, drill, completion, flowback, put online takes 9 mos. tops.

I broadly agree that most of the price hikes are unrelated to biden, but its had an impact at the margins.

ESG is an investment philosophy around environment, social, and governance. Its basically divestment.
My wife works in finance and ESG is very popular among most major banks. Most major banks don’t want to be associated with ****** companies that don’t respect women, minorities, or destroy the environment. These are Huge liabilities that banks want to avoid.

Admittedly, this isn’t a perfect example but it does highlight some of the problems that ESG proponents are trying to avoid. My wife just had to clean up a huge cluster because their Utah based client was still paying employees in Russia. This was a gross violation of sanctions placed since the onset of their war. Messy litigation like this (and the bad publicity that follows) caused by irresponsible and selfish companies is exactly what ESG proponents hope to avoid. In the future, banks can more thoroughly evaluate who they’re doing business with by weighing how their clients address social and environmental issues. If a client scores low, then the bank knows not to do business with them. It’s more of a form of responsible investing. This is a step in the right direction since banks in the past haven’t valued human rights or environmental issues.

If the people you listen to are afraid of them, perhaps you should ask yourself why?

This is a good video

View: https://youtu.be/OQ1cliM0b0Q

Last edited:
My wife works in finance and ESG is very popular among most major banks. Most major banks don’t want to be associated with ****** companies that don’t respect women, minorities, or destroy the environment. These are Huge liabilities that banks want to avoid.

Admittedly, this isn’t a perfect example but it does highlight some of the problems that ESG proponents are trying to avoid. My wife just had to clean up a huge cluster because their Utah based client was still paying employees in Russia. This was a gross violation of sanctions placed since the onset of their war. Messy litigation like this (and the bad publicity that follows) caused by irresponsible and selfish companies is exactly what ESG proponents hope to avoid. In the future, banks can more thoroughly evaluate who they’re doing business with by weighing how their clients address social and environmental issues. If a client scores low, then the bank knows not to do business with them. It’s more of a form of responsible investing.

If the people you listen to are afraid of them, perhaps you should ask yourself why?

This is a good video

View: https://youtu.be/OQ1cliM0b0Q

I dont have an issue with ESG investing. But i think there are limits and it should be grounded in reality. We have 9.1% inflation. An energy crisis. A food crisis. We’re going to have to invest in dirty industries or prices will continue to climb. Not doing so is unserious policy and by definition classist as high prices impact the very impoverished most.

I dont have an issue with ESG investing. But i think there are limits and it should be grounded in reality. We have 9.1% inflation. An energy crisis. A food crisis. We’re going to have to invest in dirty industries or prices will continue to climb. Not doing so is unserious policy and by definition classist as high prices impact the very impoverished most.
Inflation is a worldwide issue and is the result of the ongoing Covid pandemic and supply chain along with Russia’s war against Ukraine. ESG isn’t just about environmental costs, but social (human rights costs).

Do you have any evidence that ESG is having any impact on inflation rates?

Maybe Americans should just deal with some Temporary discomfort? Why do we feel entitled to cheap products and fuel no matter what?

Inflation is a worldwide issue and is the result of the ongoing Covid pandemic and supply chain along with Russia’s war against Ukraine. ESG isn’t just about environmental costs, but social (human rights costs).

Do you have any evidence that ESG is having any impact on inflation rates?

Maybe Americans should just deal with some Temporary discomfort? Why do we feel entitled to cheap products and fuel no matter what?
The heart of the commodity inflation is due to long term cyclicality of the industry. Its natural and normal. Under supply leads to high prices which leads to profitability which leads to a supply response which leads to over supply which leads to low prices which shuts down supply which leads to high prices again. This is where we are now. Covid and ESG exacerbated investment and now Ukraine has further worsened it. Historically, adjusted for inflation, new investment in oil and gas began around $75 bbl. But this cycle is unique because that investment hasnt happened with prices exceeding one hundred dollars. We are heading for a tremendous unprecedented energy crisis.

The heart of the commodity inflation is due to long term cyclicality of the industry. Its natural and normal. Under supply leads to high prices which leads to profitability which leads to a supply response which leads to over supply which leads to low prices which shuts down supply which leads to high prices again. This is where we are now. Covid and ESG exacerbated investment and now Ukraine has further worsened it. Historically, adjusted for inflation, new investment in oil and gas began around $75 bbl. But this cycle is unique because that investment hasnt happened with prices exceeding one hundred dollars. We are heading for a tremendous unprecedented energy crisis.
So what percentage of current inflation rates are attributed to ESG investing? What data do you have?

So what percentage of current inflation rates are attributed to ESG investing?
Zero because ESG investing doesn't increase or decrease the money supply, which is what causes inflation. Viruses and Putin invading neighbors also doesn't cause inflation. Democrats passing massive spending bills are what causes inflation.

Zero because ESG investing doesn't increase or decrease the money supply, which is what causes inflation. Viruses and Putin invading neighbors also doesn't cause inflation. Democrats passing massive spending bills are what causes inflation.
No this isnt true

No this isnt true
Inflation is always, Always, ALWAYS a monetary issue. That isn't to say ESG is a good idea but it isn't inflationary. To combat inflation, the Fed isn't pushing people to end ESG. They are making moves to tighten the money supply. Inflation stems from excessive quantitative easing and is reigned in by quantitative tightening. It is that simple.

Does it also cause inflation when republicans pass massive spending bills or just when democrats do it?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Does it also cause inflation when republicans pass massive spending bills or just when democrats do it?
If the Republicans pass a massive spending bill then it would cause inflation and the Republicans should take the blame. If a bipartisan effort passes a massive spending bill then the blame is bipartisan. When the Democrats pass one on a party line vote with no Republican support then the fault belongs to the Democrats. If Joe Biden issues an executive order to pay off a whole bunch of student loan debt then the Democrats will own that one too. Everyone should be thanking Manchin and Sinema for inflation being only 9.1% right now. As bad as things are, the Democrats tried really hard to make it even worse.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
LOL. Good pt.

What about countries that are suffering from inflation but aren’t governed by Republicans or Democrats? Is it still Biden’s fault?

I might’ve missed it, but what’s the Republican plan for inflation? I know Hunter’s laptop, history books, and forcing 10 year old rape victims to give birth are priorities, but I haven’t heard them propose anything that’ll address inflation.

Last edited:
I’m genuinely curious what proposals people have that would address inflation. Has anyone read anything that’s worthwhile?