What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

The Biden administration is facing an existential threat to the government-wide regime it set up to curtail purported misinformation about COVID-19, elections and Hunter Biden’s laptop, as a federal judge knocked down all but one challenge to a censorship lawsuit by Louisiana, Missouri and doctors.

Trump pledges allegiance with Jan 6 Insurrectionists, talks about dismantling NATO, fantasizes about gutting federal institutions, and promises retribution.

Mongoose: “bUt HuNtEr!”

Way to keep your priorities straight. One of these threatens American democracy and western powers and one doesn’t. It’s pretty obvious to those of us with functioning brain cells which is which.

Thank god most of the electorate isn’t that stupid.

Last edited:
zSkKgHE.jpg

The Biden administration is facing an existential threat to the government-wide regime it set up to curtail purported misinformation about COVID-19, elections and Hunter Biden’s laptop, as a federal judge knocked down all but one challenge to a censorship lawsuit by Louisiana, Missouri and doctors.
It's been pretty clear from the Twitter files that the government does not order censorship, it leaves the decisions to the companies themselves.

It's been pretty clear from the Twitter files that the government does not order censorship, it leaves the decisions to the companies themselves.
Thats exactly what the article you didn't read is talking about. Based on the ruling so far and the evidence they have it appears they would disagree with you.

Last edited:
Yeah, wait while I go read articles at a ****ing conspiracy website, because that's how I like to spend precious moments of my life.

Thats exactly what the article you didn't read is talking about. Based on the ruling so far and the evidence they have it appears they would disagree with you.
Would that be some article you didn't link to? Because I read the substack piece, and it had a lot of claims and no evidence. There were a few lawyer's canards and outright lies. For example, unlike the claims of the quote below, Judge Daugherty gave on indication that any bad behavior had happened in his opinion (which I also skimmed).

Not only have the plaintiffs established standing to sue and sufficiently alleged that federal coercion is responsible for the suppression of their comments on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube, but it's likely to keep happening without intervention, U.S. District Judge Terry Doughty wrote in a 77-page ruling that clears the way for a trial.

There was no support for "sufficiently alleged", nor for "keep happening", in the ruling. Daugherty repeated the plaintiff's claims at the start, as seems to be customary, but did not offer support.

I'm sure the plaintiff's lawyers would disagree with me. They are being paid to do so.

Would that be some article you didn't link to? Because I read the substack piece, and it had a lot of claims and no evidence. There were a few lawyer's canards and outright lies. For example, unlike the claims of the quote below, Judge Daugherty gave on indication that any bad behavior had happened in his opinion (which I also skimmed).

Not only have the plaintiffs established standing to sue and sufficiently alleged that federal coercion is responsible for the suppression of their comments on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube, but it's likely to keep happening without intervention, U.S. District Judge Terry Doughty wrote in a 77-page ruling that clears the way for a trial.

There was no support for "sufficiently alleged", nor for "keep happening", in the ruling. Daugherty repeated the plaintiff's claims at the start, as seems to be customary, but did not offer support.

I'm sure the plaintiff's lawyers would disagree with me. They are being paid to do so.
So denying ALL motions to dismiss by the defendant (Biden Admin) and rejecting all counter arguments by the (Biden Admin) and sending the case to trial not a sign of support for the plaintiff in your opinion?

So denying ALL motions to dismiss by the defendant (Biden Admin) and rejecting all counter arguments by the (Biden Admin) and sending the case to trial not a sign of support for the plaintiff in your opinion?
Even if that were true (not ALL motions to dismiss were denied), all this means is that what the plaintiffs claimed in their filing met the appropriate standards. It does not offer a hint of support as to whether the plaintiffs can prove what they claimed in their filing. That's what the trial is for.

Happened to see an American born Israeli citizen interviewed during the Tel Aviv protests couple of nights ago. She was asked “what’s at stake?”. She answered “democracy”, said she was born and raised in the US, had studied law. Said she would not tolerate such an attack on democracy if she still lived in America, and she was not about to tolerate such an attack as a citizen of Israel, either.

It was, and is, inspirational to see citizens demanding the preservation of their democracy….

Further demonstrating the unprecedented aspect of the response by reservists: Among those protesting are members of Israeli Air Force Squadron 69. All but three of the 40 reservist pilots in the squadron announced that they would not conduct training exercises and would instead join anti-government protests, claiming they are not prepared to serve in what they say would be a “dictatorial regime.”

“We have no contract with a dictator. We would be happy to volunteer when the democracy is safeguarded,” an open letter from the reservists said.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI5amkjq0Gw

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKOdLhRp7Tg

Last edited:
For those of you interested, this is a conservative podcast with an interview with a former federal judge who is very conservative. He and Scalia worked together and were good friends. Very interesting episode.

One of my main takeaways is how we’re still in the middle of a democratic crisis. We can all see it. Winning above all else, is all that matters to republican politics. Lie to your viewers for money? Winning. Throw the country under the bus while schools get shot up, people die of vaccine disinformation, ignore Orange god king’s evil? Let democracy die? Whatever, at least I get to stay in DC and my team wins. Judged throw the country into chaos? Well, at least my federalist society is winning. Rules, laws, process, and country should matter.

View: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-bulwark-podcast/id1447684472?i=1000606364493

* Trigger warning for those delicate Orange god king worshippers on this site.

Last edited:
After being corrected multiple times now, it sure would be nice to admit that you were misinformed by your crappy substack. Even if you really don’t mean it, it would be nice just for sake of variety to just own it. Instead, we get the typical a) whack a mole of more conspiracy junk or b) silence for a few days until the next grievance shows up.

One of the problems with “debate” today is how often those with the incorrect data just continue to push through with their poorly informed opinions. The entire point of this is to flesh out the truth. Not win the argument. It’s okay to admit that you’re wrong. Just own it.

Happened to see an American born Israeli citizen interviewed during the Tel Aviv protests couple of nights ago. She was asked “what’s at stake?”. She answered “democracy”, said she was born and raised in the US, had studied law. Said she would not tolerate such an attack on democracy if she still lived in America, and she was not about to tolerate such an attack as a citizen of Israel, either.

It was, and is, inspirational to see citizens demanding the preservation of their democracy….

Further demonstrating the unprecedented aspect of the response by reservists: Among those protesting are members of Israeli Air Force Squadron 69. All but three of the 40 reservist pilots in the squadron announced that they would not conduct training exercises and would instead join anti-government protests, claiming they are not prepared to serve in what they say would be a “dictatorial regime.”

“We have no contract with a dictator. We would be happy to volunteer when the democracy is safeguarded,” an open letter from the reservists said.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI5amkjq0Gw

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKOdLhRp7Tg

The scary thing about this is that Netanyahu has eroded the guardrails so much that it has taken an estimated 5-10 percent of the entire population to be in the streets protesting. That would be like 30 million Americans in the streets protesting here. It really shouldn’t come to that to maintain your democracy. Scary times. 2024 is going to be a really dark year I fear, full of negative campaigning, divisiveness, and foreign actors trying to desperately help Trump because they know he’d be a disaster for us.

The scary thing about this is that Netanyahu has eroded the guardrails so much that it has taken an estimated 5-10 percent of the entire population to be in the streets protesting. That would be like 30 million Americans in the streets protesting here. It really shouldn’t come to that to maintain your democracy. Scary times. 2024 is going to be a really dark year I fear, full of negative campaigning, divisiveness, and foreign actors trying to desperately help Trump because they know he’d be a disaster for us.
Funny you should put it in exactly those terms. Americans in the street and how many does it take to alter policy? I watched this excellent episode of American Experience two nights ago. Taking to the streets in 1969, in America, changed the course of American history. Estimate of number of nationwide protestors that day: 3 million perhaps.

I took part in the Nov., 1969 anti-war march on Washington. Until this research emerged, I had no idea how much we altered the course of history! Because of that demonstration, and dozens of others throughout the nation, North Vietnam knew Nixon would never nuke them, and Nixon and Kissinger were forced to abandon their planned strategy of greatly expanding the war. Nixon hoped to scare the daylights out of North Vietnam by convincing them he was just insane enough to nuke them…..

Taking to the streets can indeed change the course of history….

“The Movement and the “Madman” shows how two antiwar protests in the fall of 1969 — the largest the country had ever seen — pressured President Nixon to cancel what he called his “madman” plans for a massive escalation of the U.S. war in Vietnam, including a threat to use nuclear weapons. At the time, protestors had no idea how influential they could be and how many lives they may have saved.

Told through remarkable archival footage and firsthand accounts from movement leaders, Nixon administration officials, historians, and others, the film explores how the leaders of the antiwar movement mobilized disparate groups from coast to coast to create two massive protests that changed history”.

Funny you should put it in exactly those terms. Americans in the street and how many does it take to alter policy? I watched this excellent episode of American Experience two nights ago. Taking to the streets in 1969, in America, changed the course of American history. Estimate of number of nationwide protestors that day: 3 million perhaps.

I took part in the Nov., 1969 anti-war march on Washington. Until this research emerged, I had no idea how much we altered the course of history! Because of that demonstration, and dozens of others throughout the nation, North Vietnam knew Nixon would never nuke them, and Nixon and Kissinger were forced to abandon their planned strategy of greatly expanding the war. Nixon hoped to scare the daylights out of North Vietnam by convincing them he was just insane enough to nuke them…..

Taking to the streets can indeed change the course of history….

“The Movement and the “Madman” shows how two antiwar protests in the fall of 1969 — the largest the country had ever seen — pressured President Nixon to cancel what he called his “madman” plans for a massive escalation of the U.S. war in Vietnam, including a threat to use nuclear weapons. At the time, protestors had no idea how influential they could be and how many lives they may have saved.

Told through remarkable archival footage and firsthand accounts from movement leaders, Nixon administration officials, historians, and others, the film explores how the leaders of the antiwar movement mobilized disparate groups from coast to coast to create two massive protests that changed history”.
I don't know if it's in that documentary or not, but I learned a while ago that the first member of Nixon's administration to come out against the war was Donald Rumsfeld.

My father was involved in civil rights protests - marched with MLK and had his head cracked open by the Chicago police and was thrown in jail with Dick Gregory. It can definitely change the world. Or it could, I don't know about now. Maybe I'm cynical.

Reactions: Red