What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Blowing up in his face….

It took little more than a day for Donald Trump’s political gambit on abortion to come undone.

On Monday, the former president declined to support any new national law setting limits on abortions. Going against the views of many abortion opponents in his Republican Party, Trump was looking for a way to neutralize or at least muddy a galvanizing issue that has fueled Democratic victories for nearly two years. He hoped to keep it mostly out of the conversation ahead of the November elections.

On Tuesday, the Arizona Supreme Court showed just how difficult it will be to do that. The court resurrected an 1864 law that bans nearly all abortions, except to save the life of the mother. The law also imposes penalties on abortion providers.

Trump had said let the states handle the issue. The Arizona court showed the full implications of that states’ rights strategy.

The Arizona ruling came in a state that will be especially crucial in deciding the outcome of the presidential election, a state that President Biden won by fewer than 11,000 votes and that Trump’s campaign team has eyed as one of the best opportunities for a pickup. It is likely that a referendum to protect abortion rights will be on Arizona’s ballot in November. The court ruling only heightens the significance of the issue for the rest of the campaign year.

But the court ruling reverberated far beyond Arizona’s borders. The Biden-Harris campaign and other Democrats pounced on the ruling in an effort to further their argument that Trump and Republicans are a threat to freedoms.

I look fwd to seeing the film. And I could not agree more that the belief many Americans have/had concerning our nation’s “exceptionalism” only makes us less vigilant. The corollary being “it can’t happen here”, when considering dictatorship. Not sure there’s ever been a good reason to think we are somehow sharper than other nations.

“At one point, Garland rather passionately pointed out that Civil War is trying to create a conversation about political divisiveness in general that vilifies the other side; ratcheting up rhetoric into an ethical debate which makes it easier to see others as evil — and once somebody is considered morally wrong, their opponents can justify all sorts of extreme measures to stop them.

“Why are we talking and not listening?” he asked. “We’ve lost trust in the media and politicians. And some in the media are wonderful and some politicians are wonderful—on both sides of the divide. I have a political position and I have good friends on the other side of that political divide. Honestly, I’m not trying to be cute: What’s so hard about that? Why are we shutting [conversation] down? Left and right are ideological arguments about how to run a state. That’s all they are. They are not a right or wrong, or good and bad. It’s which do you think has greater efficacy? That’s it. You try one, and if that doesn’t work out, you vote it out, and you try again a different way. That’s a process. But we’ve made it into ‘good and bad.’ We made it into a moral issue, and it’s ****ing idiotic, and incredibly dangerous … I personally [blame] some of this on social media. There is a an interaction that exists human-to-human that floats away when it reaches a public forum.”
The early reviews are coming out, and the movie looks good. The reviews that hate it are lefties upset because they expected this to be just another bash on Trump.

"A spineless dystopian action drama that defaults to a dangerously irresponsible both-sides-ism; its pretense of ‘objectivity’ is unfair to the journalist protagonists the film thinks it’s championing."

However, those reviews are rare. Most seem to really like it.

The best people. Going back to jail for a second time. Retirement in Rikers, lol.

Womp womp

Has Dump pretended not to know Allen yet? Has he called him a horse face or some other dumb middle school insult?

Who are the losers who want this guy to be president again?

The early reviews are coming out, and the movie looks good. The reviews that hate it are lefties upset because they expected this to be just another bash on Trump.

"A spineless dystopian action drama that defaults to a dangerously irresponsible both-sides-ism; its pretense of ‘objectivity’ is unfair to the journalist protagonists the film thinks it’s championing."

However, those reviews are rare. Most seem to really like it.

Yeah, will likely see it sometime in next couple of weeks. I’ve read it’s very loud, lol, and about journalists/media reps traveling across the country to try and interview the president. Without going into reasons for a civil war. I’ve seen good and bad reviews, but mostly good. Looking fwd to seeing it….

Continuing their willingness to damage our democratic institutions, by sowing extreme doubt in the integrety of elections. This is the only proof one would ever need(not that we cannot find many such examples of Trump first, America last) to know that Trump will always put himself above his country, above his fellow citizens, only someone who felt no concern for the United States, its history, it’s people, would be willing to do such a thing.

Trump has never shown, and he will never show, that he understands the meaning of “service to your country”. He knows not the meaning of SERVICE. Totally foreign concept. It implies “thinking of others”. It requires knowing a president “serves the people”. Service is a noble concept, when one comes right down to it. People who understand that will not even be interested in promoting themselves. True service does not expect praise, rewards, blind allegiance. True service has nothing whatsoever to do with personal aggrandizement, ego, etc. Isn’t it as clear as day that Trump will never understand the meaning of “service to others”?

House Speaker Mike Johnson will stand Friday with Donald Trump at an appearance that will amplify the former president’s most damaging falsehood: that America’s democratic elections are catastrophically tainted by fraud.

The country’s most powerful elected Republican, who is seeking to save his job under threat from Trump-aligned members of his own party in Congress, will travel to meet the true power in the GOP at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. The visit comes as the the ex-president’s allies are eviscerating his authority and even threatening to topple him.

The announced topic of Johnson and Trump’s joint public statement on Friday is “election integrity” – the catch-all term for the stew of conspiracy theories and lies about the 2020 election that Trump is now using as the foundation of his 2024 bid for a new term. The price for Republicans seeking the ex-president’s support has long been a willingness to promote his fictional stolen election conceit. So Johnson’s visit to Trump’s residence may suggest he’s ready to make a similar down payment if the ex-president prevents his ouster as speaker.

The two GOP leaders are expected to draw attention to what they say are state proposals and lawsuits that would allow non-citizens to vote, CNN’s Kristen Holmes and Fredreka Schouten reported Thursday. Some cities or jurisdictions do allow non-citizens to cast ballots in non-federal elections — for positions on school boards for example. But federal law bans non-citizens from voting in federal elections and any who do risk fines, prison terms and deportation. Given these punishments, many voting rights groups assess there’s no widespread problem to address. The state of Georgia, with nearly 8 million registered voters conducted a statewide audit and found that 1,634 potential non-citizens had tried to register to vote between 1997 and early 2022 but none were successful.

Last edited:

I don't like the idea of it being a federal law as I think voting is a state's issue, but the narrative that non-citizen voting isn't happening shows the author of your linked tweet as uninformed or lying.

Last edited:
Donald Trump. Putting America first…

Senate Republicans vented their frustration after former President Trump helped derail a compromise House bill to extend Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) authority, sending lawmakers scrambling to find a Plan B to keep the nation’s intelligence agencies from losing their ability to spy on adversaries and terrorists.

Republican senators are warning that the nation’s spy program is about to go “dark” and that much of the intelligence that goes into President Biden’s daily briefing could be lost, putting the nation at risk for surprise attacks.

I’m very disappointed in President Trump’s assessment of FISA. It is an essential tool. It may need to be amended but it is absolutely essential, as everyone in the intelligence community will tell you,” said Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), a senior member of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Senate Intelligence Committee Vice Chair Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) warned that failure to pass the bill would cripple the nation’s intelligence gathering.

“If we can’t spy on foreign terrorists and foreign spies overseas, we’re out of the intelligence business,” he said.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), another member of the Intelligence Committee, pointed out that much of the national security intelligence provided to Biden on a daily basis comes from information gathered under FISA’s Section 702.

“So I think we need to reform it, not end it,” Cornyn said.

I don't like the idea of it being a federal law as I think voting is a state's issue, but the narrative that non-citizen voting isn't happening shows the author of your linked tweet as uninformed or lying.
you cant read apparently.
From reds post: "Some cities or jurisdictions do allow non-citizens to cast ballots in non-federal (local) elections — for positions on school boards for example."

But thanks for providing information that red already provided.

the narrative that non-citizen voting isn't happening shows the author of your linked tweet as uninformed or lying.

But, this was clearly stated in the CNN piece, which I also quoted:

Some cities or jurisdictions do allow non-citizens to cast ballots in non-federal elections — for positions on school boards for example. But federal law bans non-citizens from voting in federal elections and any who do risk fines, prison terms and deportation. Given these punishments, many voting rights groups assess there’s no widespread problem to address.
Is that what Trump and Johnson are all about? Stopping illegals from voting for school boards. I’m under the distinct impression they are saying illegals will vote by the thousands for Biden. Think they will?

Last edited:
I’m under the distinct impression they are saying illegals will vote by the thousands for Biden. Think they will?
No. That type of fraud is too easy to ferret out and Democrats don't need undocumented immigrants to vote for them. The rigging of the system is facilitated via the weak chain of custody of ballots in the key regions allowing the practice of ballot harvesting.

What Trump and Speaker Johnson are doing is playing to the Hispanic and Black male demographic who have cited immigration as a top concern. Most polling is indicating these types of efforts are working with Hispanics now backing Trump over Biden outright and Black men getting close to even.

What trump and Johnson are doing is trying to portray our presidential elections as rife with illegals voting and that they are the champions to stop the illegals voting in the presidential elections. That is obvious. Its disingenuous and deceptive and exactly the MO of the trumpster. He loves fake news and alternative facts.

The rigging of the system is facilitated via the weak chain of custody of ballots in the key regions allowing the practice of ballot harvesting.
Are you saying Democrats alter the votes? Throw away votes? You said earlier this week:

Joe Biden, or whomever the Democrats nominate, will win because the system is rigged. Even if Trump had a ten point lead on election day, the Democrat nominee will still win. Trump will not be president again, ever.

Is the rigged system you’re referring to your belief that Democrats are in fact altering the actual results, by not counting votes, tossing votes, changing votes, exactly what are you claiming is actually taking place when you say Trump cannot win because “the system is rigged”?

How are Democrats rigging the system to make sure Trump loses, and do you have irrefutable evidence of such rigging?

Do you believe Biden did in fact steal the 2020 election from Trump? Do you believe what some have called the Big Lie, which some see as Orwellian in nature? I am trying to be sure I know what you are claiming. I don’t recall you saying the Big Lie was in fact the truth? Are you saying that?

Are you saying Democrats alter the votes? Throw away votes? You said earlier this week:

Is the rigged system you’re referring to your belief that Democrats are in fact altering the actual results, by not counting votes, tossing votes, changing votes, exactly what are you claiming is actually taking place when you say Trump cannot win because “the system is rigged”?

How are Democrats rigging the system to make sure Trump loses, and do you have irrefutable evidence of such rigging?

Do you believe Biden did in fact steal the 2020 election from Trump? Do you believe what some have called the Big Lie, which some see as Orwellian in nature? I am trying to be sure I know what you are claiming. I don’t recall you saying the Big Lie was in fact the truth? Are you saying that?
I know he has mentioned the corrupt Democrats harvesting votes. This is something the high integrity Republicans would never do.

Just like they would never gerrymander electoral district boundaries with the intent to create undue advantage for themselves. Because everyone who is part of the Republican party simply has too much integrity.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

The exact mechanics of how it works is not a thing I have evidence on, but the statistical effect in California of AB1921 being signed into law is, in your words, irrefutable. In Orange County, an extremely right wing area, 100% of the state house races immediately after the bill was signed flipped to Democrat.

The Orange County Republicans were leading in the polls, won the in-person voting, were winning the absentee mail-in voting, and then on election day ballot harvesters dropped off a quarter of a million votes which wiped Republicans off the board.

The Big Lie makes the claim that something was stolen. I don’t think that is quite right and what really happened is more insidious. I think a flotilla of rushed changes to the voting system were made, with the COVID pandemic being the claimed motivation, and those changes mirrored California’s AB1921.

Do I think Trump lost the vote in 2020, yes 100%. Do I think that Trump would have lost the vote if not for the pandemic election law changes? I’m much less sure about that.

As for the exact mechanics of how the phenomenon works, I am extremely curious. I think there was a good possibility of gaining some insight via the Arizona voting audit, but the one thing that would have really cast a light on what happened was expressly declared off limits from the audit. The auditors were not allowed to perform signature comparison on the mail-in ballots versus the stored signature at the Registrar of Voters. I find that deeply suspicious. If you are going to allow an audit then allow an audit. Don’t authorize an audit and say you can look anywhere you want except for this one place that might actually give some insight.

Last edited:
What trump and Johnson are doing is trying to portray our presidential elections as rife with illegals voting and that they are the champions to stop the illegals voting in the presidential elections. That is obvious. Its disingenuous and deceptive and exactly the MO of the trumpster. He loves fake news and alternative facts.
Unfortunately they are playing to a majority of voters who are uneducated and incapable of thinking beyond sound bites. I guarantee when this broke many many people, both Trump supporters and non-supporters thought "holy crap, that's been legal all this time?!? It's about damn time we stop that!". Americans are woefully uneducated in their own society. Political, medical, school, etc. systems are just gray blurs for most people as long as they can get their $3 whopper Wednesdays and watch their streaming every night and post their prejudiced **** on their hours of social media every day, they just don't care enough to educate themselves and consider anything originating outside their echo chambers.