What's new

The biggest mistake in the history !!

IMO, extending Memo was worse than letting Wes walk, especially considering the circumstances.

They are kind of one and the same. It's amazing how conservative this franchise is most of the time, but they make sure to always have two contracts on the books that make moves to improve on the court cost-prohibitive.

I know a lot of people don't like Greg but I have relative who was pretty high up at the race track and it was frustrating for them because Greg's main focus was and will always be the Jazz. So for people to say he's just going to sell the team or doesn't care is not correct. Per my relative, he cares a little too much for the Jazz and not enough about the other business' they have. Just sayin.....

We should all know the biggest mistake in Jazz history were the Rowdies.

I know a lot of people don't like Greg but I have relative who was pretty high up at the race track and it was frustrating for them because Greg's main focus was and will always be the Jazz. So for people to say he's just going to sell the team or doesn't care is not correct. Per my relative, he cares a little too much for the Jazz and not enough about the other business' they have. Just sayin.....

This is the second year in a row we have payed luxury tax afterall. Giving away Maynor last year was a bit tough, but he is just a backup guard.

IMO, extending Memo was worse than letting Wes walk, especially considering the circumstances.

What circumstances? You know this was done before his injury right? Centers get paid extra dough. Look at what Haywood is making.

What circumstances? You know this was done before his injury right? Centers get paid extra dough. Look at what Haywood is making.

The circumstance that he was in the best shape of his career for a contract year, was over 30, had just played the best, most consistent basketball of his career, and after all of that was still a pitiful defender in 80% of situations. That had red flags all over it for me the second it came down.

Please, all of his injuries. He played in 70+ games every year. Of course easy to say now we should not have extended him, but not so easy at the time.

Cherry picking a 70 game stat... ignoring that he looked broken down... ignoring missing playoffs 2 years in a row... I prefer the big picture.

I thought the extension was a bad decision then, as did a lot of others on this board.

Regarding Matthews, I think your memory is very short. KOC never made him an offer and let the market dictate because he was so g-d cheap. If he had made Matthews a reasonable offer in the first place, Matthews would've accepted. He pretty much indicated that. This is what p'o'd me so much about the Matthews situation. We were stupid and let it happen. We should've realized that this might happen after what Portland did with Millsap.

Regarding Matthews, I think your memory is very short. KOC never made him an offer and let the market dictate because he was so g-d cheap. If he had made Matthews a reasonable offer in the first place, Matthews would've accepted. He pretty much indicated that. This is what p'o'd me so much about the Matthews situation. We were stupid and let it happen. We should've realized that this might happen after what Portland did with Millsap.

There is disagreement between what KOC and Matthews has said. Doubtful he would have just taken our first offer anyway. Without negotiating with other teams.

But he didn't make him an offer. I think we can agree on that. Matthews was pretty clear on that. Just like he did with Millsap. It certainly follows the same pattern.

Besides who you going to believe ... the guy who makes the blunder or the guy who wanted the Jazz to make him an offer?

Besides, KOC had Raja waiting in the wings. Raja as much admitted that. And now we see what a mistake that was!

While you're in your hot tub time machine, please go back in time and stop this. Yes, one of them has silly string. Good job Bear.

letting mathews go was obviously one of the biggest mistakes the jazz have ever done. they could have resigned him the day he was eligible for way less than what portland offered him when the 7 days were over. jazz just didnt make a move and mathews even said publicly he wanted to stay in utah. fuc* KOC and fuc* him for making another big mistake, letting go of dwill