What's new

The Calderon Speculation/Something Thread

I just read it. It is the ESPN equivalent of Hotttniccccckkkkkk or any of the other posters of ****ty trade threads. It's just some guy throwing **** against the wall about five trades that should be made, including Calderon to Utah for Devin Harris and a future pick. There's also Dallas sending Shawn Marion to Utah for a first round pick, which is good in theory but the Jazz can't trade their pick to Dallas and they're not going to trade the GS pick for Shawn Marion.

I like trade threads. It's the ****ty trade threads made 10x by the same poster under multiple accounts that give trade threads a bad name.

Calderon is a lot better than Harris. I wouldn't trade The Four, Millsap, Jefferson, the GS pick, or the Jazz's pick (impossible mid-season anyway) for Calderon. Anything else and go ahead and pull the trigger.
This.
Calderon is statistically and otherwise better than both of those guys. Kirk Hinrich is washed up. Felton is fat and shoots as well as Earl Watson
And this.

My only concern with Calderon is he can't guard the chair I'm sitting in but it's not like opposing point guards haven't been lighting us up as it is. Jose is also a fiery competitor so sometimes that type of emotion and competitiveness can alleviate some of a player's defensive shortcomings. Might take awhile to get accustomed to our offense (more free-flowing in Toronto) but he's a definite upgrade over Harris.

Is Calderon worth 10.5 mil next year though?
I'd rather pay Calderon $10.5 million next year and have him be our PG than pay Harris $8.5 million and have him be our starting PG.

https://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7w3pbvl

Harris and Bell for Calderon and Barbosa's perspiring corpse. Add a 2nd round pick and $3mm cash to whatever side you think deserves it and this deal could easily get done.

The problem is Toronto gambling on Chandler and I don't know if $9mm is enough room for Toronto to pry Chandler away. Howard could be exchanged for Bell to add about $1.1mm in cap room and Jazz could acquire Aaron Carter's $2.5mm or J. Johnson's $1.8, but I don't think Toronto wants to dump either of them.

Jazz could also do Harris for Calderon, then Barbosa using the Memo TPE and $3mm cash to Utah.

#UtahJazz don't feel pressure to move Jefferson, Millsap before trade deadline; Harris, Miles available, sources say.

So the Jazz are also shopping Miles. Sweet.

Man what a Vchina. Dude everyone that doesn't agree with you is a troll. How many times did you cry to your teacher about the kids picking on you. An opinion is an opinion sorry to tell you we don't have to agree. $%^^ this is like internet for babies.

So you don't like being trilled on hu! Hu!

You bet I don't agree with everyone on this board, but I respect their opinions because they have substance to their opinions. Can you find even one person that agrees with you on anything. Your so over the top with your crap, if all of a sudden KOC started openly going after D. Howard after he puts us on his short list, you'd probably openly hate on him saying KOC is an idiot for going after Howard.

All you ever talk about is how much KOC sucks for every reason everyone calls him a genius for. It's kinda hard to take you seriously.

Man what a Vchina. Dude everyone that doesn't agree with you is a troll. How many times did you cry to your teacher about the kids picking on you. An opinion is an opinion sorry to tell you we don't have to agree. $%^^ this is like internet for babies.
He calls me a Vchina on the message board and in a private message. I must be doing something right:eek:

Nevermind, I just looked at his contract. It's not awful but there's no upside to that really.

Is the ETO Artest's option or Lakers?
If it's the Lakers then he's going to play for that $7 million (plus 15% trade kicker).

*Never mind, it's Artest's option.

I know I'm going to take flack for this, but Harris + Slam Dunk Champ for Calderon...

Really, besides some fun stints on the court, making practices better, and comraderie, would we REALLY miss him?

Why would Toronto care about getting Jeremy Evans?

Because their entire roster is garbage (besides Bargnani and Calderon) and have squat to develop? They are or will be soon be in full-scale rebuilding, and Jose Calderon isn't going to help them there.

The way I see it, the dunk contest is a boon for Evans market-value. You can use that to sell high, or you can pay more on his next contract (rather inevitable compared to if he had never even got in the contest in the first place) for a guy that hardly sees the court.

Evans could at least compete for minutes on that team.