What's new

The Calderon Speculation/Something Thread

Like I said KOC will give away the kitchen sink for a POS player while the Lakers are trying to get Hinrich and Felton. We are after Calderon what a brilliant GM.

This POS article doesn't tell us **** about what KOC is trying to do!

I'd rant about how tacky and misleading this thread is, but others have done that already.

Calderon looks like a pretty good fit for the system, but his contract is a little heavy for my liking. And he's old, in the last half of his prime age wise. I'd be just as happy keeping Harris on the team (contracts are very similar) and draft a point guard with the pick we would lose.

Calderon is a lot better than Harris. I wouldn't trade The Four, Millsap, Jefferson, the GS pick, or the Jazz's pick (impossible mid-season anyway) for Calderon. Anything else and go ahead and pull the trigger.

Like I said KOC will give away the kitchen sink for a POS player while the Lakers are trying to get Hinrich and Felton. We are after Calderon what a brilliant GM.
And what part of the article said the Jazz and KOC are pursuing either of these.? It was a poster throwing ^&%$ against a wall. Bloody hell, your blind hatred of KOC makes you so freakin' stupid.

Maybe I should get up and post on Real GM that the trade the Jazz should pursue is Jefferson, CJ and Bell for Dwight Howard. Then it will be reported in here as a serious trade proposal that both teams are close to completing and KOC will be proclaimed a genius.

To think either the Calderon or Marion "deals" as written have any legs is to show true stupidity. Utah does NOT need to dump salary; KOC did that by pawning off an injured Memo to NJ (geez, he was an idiot and should be fired for doing that, right?). And that is what those deals amount to. Calderon is not a huge upgrade over Harris - and certainly not worth also giving them a high draft pick. Acquring Marion..seriously? Miller and KOC can afford to just let the contracts of Harris and Jefferson expire over the next 2 years. Better that than to give up one of the young players in order to get a deal done, unless, of course, a superstar comes our way in return (which ain't happening).

FYI Jose Calderon is on pace to be the leader in assist/turnover ratio. It would be his third time in five years to do so.

He takes care of the ball and can shoot the three. Perfect for the Jazz.

Now make it Harris + either Bell or Howard, and we have a deal....

Too much to hope for huh?

The rumor page has the Lakers trying to get Felton and Hinrich. So, yes I would rather have those players over Calderon. He isn't that good.

Calderon is statistically and otherwise better than both of those guys. Kirk Hinrich is washed up. Felton is fat and shoots as well as Earl Watson

The article suggests two Jazz trades in that article, both of which are absolutely awful.

1. Calderon for Harris + 2012 First Rounder

2. Marion for Jazz 2012 First Rounder + TPE

Would be horrified if either of these are true.

The article states Harris plus a future draft pick, it does not specify which round or which draft.

The article isn't stating fact, or even reporting rumor. The writer is simply presenting 5 trade ideas that he thinks would be beneficial to each team based on need and prior rumors about those teams looking to make a move for a certain player (i.e. The Raptors wanting to move Calderon and the Jazz wanting to move Harris).

KB is a troll we need to stop trying to reason with him.

Man what a Vchina. Dude everyone that doesn't agree with you is a troll. How many times did you cry to your teacher about the kids picking on you. An opinion is an opinion sorry to tell you we don't have to agree. $%^^ this is like internet for babies.

Man what a Vchina. Dude everyone that doesn't agree with you is a troll. How many times did you cry to your teacher about the kids picking on you. An opinion is an opinion sorry to tell you we don't have to agree. $%^^ this is like internet for babies.

It's not you opinions we don't like, it's how stupid they are.

KB is a troll we need to stop trying to reason with him.
That's just Thee's opinion, you don't have to agree with it. ^^^^ This is like posting for babies.

If the Jazz trade any pick that isn't lottery protected for Calderon, they are incredibly stupid. Calderon is a solid decision maker, good shooter, but his defense is atrocious, worse than Devin Harris. Harris for Calderon straight up is worth taking a chance on, no way in hell we throw in a lottery pick. If we start throwing around picks in the 8-10 range, it better be involved in a package to bring back a borderline all-star.

Just 4 minutes ago from Brian Smith on twitter...

4m Brian T. Smith ‏ @tribjazz Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
As normal, #UtahJazz are open to making a trade to improve the team. Nothing is imminent, though. And some of the recent rumors lack ...
... weight, according to several sources with direct knowledge of situation.