What's new

The Calderon Speculation/Something Thread

If any of this is true KOC should be awarded worlds $%%^%ST GM how can the Lakers get a better play they have less assets typical KOC. I bet he is trying to get rid of Millsap and Jefferson for Calderon.

The article suggests two Jazz trades in that article, both of which are absolutely awful.

1. Calderon for Harris + 2012 First Rounder

2. Marion for Jazz 2012 First Rounder + TPE

Would be horrified if either of these are true.

I just read it. It is the ESPN equivalent of Hotttniccccckkkkkk or any of the other posters of ****ty trade threads. It's just some guy throwing **** against the wall about five trades that should be made, including Calderon to Utah for Devin Harris and a future pick. There's also Dallas sending Shawn Marion to Utah for a first round pick, which is good in theory but the Jazz can't trade their pick to Dallas and they're not going to trade the GS pick for Shawn Marion.

The article suggests two Jazz trades in that article, both of which are absolutely awful.

1. Calderon for Harris + 2012 First Rounder

2. Marion for Jazz 2012 First Rounder + TPE

Would be horrified if either of these are true.

I just threw up a little in my mouth thinking about both. No thanks.

I'd give them a 2013 pick (protected for top5) + Harris. I know that is impossible though because of the pick situation we have with Minnesota.

Like I said KOC will give away the kitchen sink for a POS player while the Lakers are trying to get Hinrich and Felton. We are after Calderon what a brilliant GM.

Like I said KOC will give away the kitchen sink for a POS player while the Lakers are trying to get Hinrich and Felton. We are after Calderon what a brilliant GM.

What? Calderon is better than Hinrich or Felton. Felton has been benched this year because he is so awful. I suggest you take a look at Calderon's stats. Having said that I really would not want to give them a lotter pick though.

What? Calderon is better than Hinrich or Felton. Felton has been benched this year because he is so awful. I suggest you take a look at Calderon's stats. Having said that I really would not want to give them a lotter pick though.

Agree on both points .. and I appreciate it even more coming from a Tarheel.

Calderon is actually a better fit for the jazz then the other two you mentioned. He's a pass first pg that can shoot. Hinrich can shoot but not a great passing pg, and is more of a combo guard. Felton is a good passer, in my opinion not as good a passer as Calderon, and Felton isn't close to as good a shooter as as Calderon. Calderon is a better pg then either player you mentioned.

This is why I hate trade deadline and draft day. I sit here hoping that the jazz will do something to improve and I'm so anxious to see what it might be. The rumours start to fly, I get my hopes up or get irked again at KOC. When something finally happens it is usually quite disappointing, probably anything would be after all the rumours & speculation. Sigh.

The good news about this rumour is that people are talking about it. That means that KOC, the master of secrecy, won't do it right?