What's new

The Conley Conundrum

Conley is clearly a mistake. You simply don't take the ball out of your franchise star. Just imagine where Harden would be had Rockets kept him at a tertiary role that he once served at OKC. Or if Giannis would become the MVP he is now had Bucks not invested in surrounding him with four shooters and gave the ballhandling role to Middleton/Jabari instead.

Funny how Mavs desperately tried to get rid of their midget ball hog PG last season to pave the way for Luka. And we've done the exact opposite
Jesus Christ this is the dumbest narrative in the history of narratives.

The Jazz arent the Rockets, they don't play like the Rockets, Mitcheell doesnt play like Harden.

And yes, Bledsoe and Middleton (and before that Brogdon) handle the ball a lot.

And ****ing trust me, in due time people will be saying "Luka needs help" in terms of having another high-level ball-handler on the team to get to the next level.

Mudiay should get maybe 8 mpg once Conley gets back, if any at all. And it will be a huge positive.
People don’t understand how good Conley will be as the backup PG. And by that I don’t mean he’s coming off the bench. He’s going to start and be the backup PG and it’s going to be glorious.

Mudiay most likely wont be in a playoff rotation.

It will be:

Conley
Mitchell
Ingles
Bojan
Rudy

Royce
Clarkson
Davis

And the 4th bench guy will be a wild-card situational player.

Conley starts, starters with Conley has been a big positive. It's weird that people who say that our bench sucks and gives up leads forget Conley was part of the group that made those leads.

The real question is who closes and I think that's going to be match-up related more than anything.

Conley starts, starters with Conley has been a big positive. It's weird that people who say that our bench sucks and gives up leads forget Conley was part of the group that made those leads.

The real question is who closes and I think that's going to be match-up related more than anything.
The realest question right now is backup center and wtf is going on.

Jesus Christ this is the dumbest narrative in the history of narratives.

The Jazz arent the Rockets, they don't play like the Rockets, Mitcheell doesnt play like Harden.

And yes, Bledsoe and Middleton (and before that Brogdon) handle the ball a lot.

And ****ing trust me, in due time people will be saying "Luka needs help" in terms of having another high-level ball-handler on the team to get to the next level.
Have i at any point suggested that we played like Rockets? i've only used Harden/Rockets as an example to show how players only rise to stardum after being given the primary ball-handling role. and which Rockets team are you suggesting if you mind me asking? because Mchale's Rockets don't play like the D'Antoni's Rockets. And Mchale's Harden doesn't play like D'Antoni's Harden. only one thing is common. that is Harden's usage has gone up every year since he joined the Rockets, whereas DM's usage has actually gone down from last season. now you see what point i'm trying to make? it's not Harden's playstyle that i'm drawing comparison to, but his situation in OKC versus that of HOU.

And have i at any point suggested that a primary ball-handling option doesn't allow other players on the team to handle the ball at all? of course you will need other players to be able to handle the ball, but you don't need them to be so ball-dominant that they can no longer adjust to an off-ball role. that's why Bojan, who "handles the ball a lot", can fit into the Jazz offense just fine whereas Conley cannot. that's why i've been suggesting Malcom Brogdon as our solution at PG, because you know, as opposed to Conley, he is actually proven at both ball-handling/offball roles.

And no way on hell will i trust your BS of "give Luka another high-level ball-handler". the kid doesn't need one. all he needs is more shooters/high level scorer who can play both onball/off-ball. tell a Mavs fan that you think Mavs need to have someone other than Luka to be the primary ball handler and be ready to get punched in the face.

Last edited:
Have i at any point suggested that we played like Rockets? i've only used Harden/Rockets as an example to show how players only rise to stardum after being given the primary ball-handling role. and which Rockets team are you suggesting if you mind me asking? because Mchale's Rockets don't play like the D'Antoni's Rockets. And Mchale's Harden doesn't play like D'Antoni's Harden. only one thing is common. that is Harden's usage has gone up every year since he joined the Rockets, whereas DM's usage has actually gone down from last season. now you see what point i'm trying to make? it's not Harden's playstyle that i'm drawing comparison to, but his situation in OKC versus that of HOU.

And have i at any point suggested that a primary ball-handling option doesn't allow other players on the team to handle the ball at all? of course you will need other players to be able to handle the ball, but you don't need them to be so ball-dominant that they can no longer adjust to an off-ball role. that's why Bojan can fit into the Jazz offense just fine whereas Conley cannot. that's why i've been suggesting Malcom Brogdon as our solution at PG, because you know, as opposed to Conley, he is actually proven at both ball-handling/offball roles.

And no way on hell will i trust your BS of "give Luka another high-level ball-handler". the kid doesn't need one. all he needs is more shooters/high level scorer who can play both onball/off-ball. tell a Mavs fan that you think Mavs need to have someone other than Luka to be the primary ball handler and be ready to get punched in the face.
Mitchell has been the primary ball-handler for 3 years in a row....

i can't emphasize this enough. +/- is a deceiving stats. us being positive with Conley has more to do with Bojan/DM/Rudy being amazing than Conley's play itself.

Just check out those NBA On/off stats to see through those lies behind "starters with Conley has been positive" because i'm sure, we will easily be "more positive" with some other players on the floor instead of Conley.

https://stats.nba.com/vs/#!?PlayerID=1628378&VsPlayerID=201144&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular Season&PerMode=Per100Possessions

https://stats.nba.com/vs/#!?PlayerID=201144&VsPlayerID=203497

https://stats.nba.com/vs/advanced/#!?PlayerID=201144&VsPlayerID=1628378&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular Season&PerMode=Per100Possessions

https://stats.nba.com/vs/advanced/#!?PlayerID=203497&VsPlayerID=201144&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular Season&PerMode=Per100Possessions

So Conley is anything BUT fine. Thank you very much. Our other starters simply have played well enough to bail him out.

Last edited:
Mitchell has been the primary ball-handler for 3 years in a row....
yeah, because Conley got hurt for what? a month now? how is DM/the Jazz doing without him BTW, mind me asking?

Do you honestly believe Conley will ever pick up his play without us ever making him the primary ball-handler again? Do you?

if you want DM to continue being our primary ball-handler. why bring in Conley? what good does he do? teaching DM on how to keep trying those garbage floaters and not going to the line?

Last edited:
Conley's not getting traded and he's not coming off the bench. He just needs to start playing better. We've been a positive with him on the floor even though he's been missing a ton of shots that he usually makes, those shots will start falling eventually.

I will say, I feel like there are certain matchups where we will be better off closing games with both Joe and Royce on the floor instead of Conley. I hope he'll be ok with not finishing some nights.

Last edited:
yeah, because Conley got hurt for what? a month now? how is DM/the Jazz doing without him BTW, mind me asking?

Do you honestly believe Conley will ever pick up his play without us ever making him the primary ball-handler again? Do you?

if you want DM to continue being our primary ball-handler. why bring in Conley? what good does he do? teaching DM on how to keep trying those garbage floaters and not going to the line?
Do you not watch how the Jazz play basketball?

The only real thing that changes with Mitchell's touches without Conley is that he brings the ball up the floor more.