What's new

The Conley Conundrum

They sat Horney down for a raw 2nd rounder in the playoffs in certain situations. Ultimately, there will be injury concerns. Rubio was hurt, Donovan got hurt, we need healthy dudes who can shoot the three in the rotation to beat Houston. We will probably need and use everyone we got. It is nice to have enough depth to finally get us past the freaking 5th seed.

If Donovan misses any time at all, we will be happy to have Conley. If Rudy gets hurt, we are screwed.

Pretty much... I think no matter where you put him Conley will improve what we are doing overall... just think that the current starting lineup will be our most positive lineup... fairly sure adding Conley for one of the parts will make that lineup worse... its okay as long as its really good.

Guis, we may not need Conleys or Donovan!!1 tarde them for something since them value high!

The Jazz can play the best matchups that give them an advantage. We have never really had that luxury, even during the Stockalone years (unless you could swapping Shandon Anderson for Horny for that one finals run.)
I doubt we change lineups or rotations much at all based on matchups. Coaches are notoriously rigid.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Guis, we may not need Conleys or Donovan!!1 tarde them for something since them value high!

I mean... I wonder who the 5th player in those lineups is most of the time... oh wait... it is almost always DM or Conley... but mostly DM.

as @NUMBERICA said Conley is duplicitous... he will help overall... he may hurt that starting lineup if you sub him for Royce. If he is playing poorly he almost certainly will hurt that lineup. We don't need to tarde the effs out of anyone, but we should reconsider our lineup arrangement.

I'm still puzzled by why his injury is taking so long to heal. I went to a game a month ago and he was out there during shootaround, shooting 3-pointers. Does a hamstring take that long to heal? Okay, just looked it up, his injury occurred on 12/2, then he came back on 12/17, which was about a week after I went to that game, and he reinjured it. The injury is either worse than we realize or the Jazz are trying to make a deal for him.

That's a pretty serious charge. I don't think we should be throwing those kind of moral accusations around about someone everyone regards as a standup guy.

("Duplicitous" isn't the word you're looking for, I think o_O)

Damn it... words is hard

That's a pretty serious charge. I don't think we should be throwing those kind of moral accusations around about someone everyone regards as a standup guy.

He duplicates some of the things we are already getting in the starting lineup... He is very honest and I apologize to him and his family for this attack on his character.

Ah. Good to know the definition of a word. I guess “redundant” is what I was looking for, or maybe there’s something that sounds more like what I was looking for but can’t recall what it is.

I feel like we need something new to talk about. I keep hoping for something new to talk about. But of course there's really nothing new to talk about. So...how about Mike Conley?

I'm still puzzled by why his injury is taking so long to heal. I went to a game a month ago and he was out there during shootaround, shooting 3-pointers. Does a hamstring take that long to heal? Okay, just looked it up, his injury occurred on 12/2, then he came back on 12/17, which was about a week after I went to that game, and he reinjured it. The injury is either worse than we realize or the Jazz are trying to make a deal for him.

He reinjured the hamstring in the very first game he came back. The Jazz want to make sure it's completely healed this time before bringing him back. They're doing the smart thing by being extra cautious. They have no intention of trying to move him. Dennis Lindsey has been targeting him for 5 years and gave up a lot of assets to get him, they're not just going to give up on him after only playing 22 games in a Jazz jersey.

He reinjured the hamstring in the very first game he came back. The Jazz want to make sure it's completely healed this time before bringing him back. They're doing the smart thing by being extra cautious. They have no intention of trying to move him. Dennis Lindsey has been targeting him for 5 years and gave up a lot of assets to get him, they're not just going to give up on him after only playing 22 games in a Jazz jersey.

Hamstring injuries suck. Remember Rubio's hamstring. For people like us, we can probably limp trough it after a few days. For elite level athletes, doing elite level athlete stuff, they are tricky to recover from.

I had one that pretty much incapacitated me for a few days, then I walked like I was 87 for about a week afterward. I didn't do anything strenuous for a couple weeks. Hell, I'm not sure I have done much strenuous from that time to this. . .

OP is going to want to change the thread title from “The Conley Conundrum” to “The Conley Condum,” because when this gets going, everyone’s going to need some protection and ability for load management.

source.gif