What's new

The Down Payment was to the Jazz

Yep. If he keeps playing at this level I think there is a very good chance that he opts out. The good news is there aren't a lot of teams with capspace and a few of the teams already have a bunch of young guards. The 2 teams that I think could go after him are the pacers and rockets. I think his college buddy Hali would have some interest in playing with him and they would be a really good defensive backcourt. The rockets will have a ton of capspace that they need to put to work and they need to add defense and playmaking.
I don't see him as a flight risk... I think we'd have every opportunity to keep him if he continues to play this well. I am guessing he'd prefer somewhere he is more established. If he walks I'm cool with the additional space. He will get like 10-15 games of starter minutes here to prove himself with Collin out and NAW/Mike traded.

I'm becoming more of a believer... which says something about his play as I invented down payment theory. I just hope we don't go with a super long term contract with him. He needs to come into camp in the best shape of his life. Part of his slow start is he came in fat. He looks much more in shape now and you are seeing the "pop" it gives his game.

I don't see him as a flight risk... I think we'd have every opportunity to keep him if he continues to play this well. I am guessing he'd prefer somewhere he is more established. If he walks I'm cool with the additional space. He will get like 10-15 games of starter minutes here to prove himself with Collin out and NAW/Mike traded.

I'm becoming more of a believer... which says something about his play as I invented down payment theory. I just hope we don't go with a super long term contract with him. He needs to come into camp in the best shape of his life. Part of his slow start is he came in fat. He looks much more in shape now and you are seeing the "pop" it gives his game.
One of my few correct predictions of the season might be that you become a THT fan