What's new

The Down Payment was to the Jazz

Going to laugh my *** off when all the plus minus lineup data starts showing THT as good and the annoying *** clowns who misuse that stuff to hate on him have to find a new grift.
Could even be that he simply improves. His last couple of games have been his best games.

Did you not watch him in preseason and the first couple games he was sooo bad, and displayed low IQ up the Yin-yang. But, since then he’s grown on me. He still infuriates me from time to time with some of the things he does. I see why the lakers loved him in the beginning and couldn’t wait to get rid of him in the end. I think he’s good in spurts, but leave him in long enough and he inevitably does something cringe worthy. But I will say, he comes up with some of the most brilliant moments. The block and fast break into a wide open three for JC was so fun a highlight.
He's never displayed low IQ behavior.

He tries to punish the defense too much for giving him the shot. He's confident and that's a lot better than the alternative, because the alternative makes you play like NAW.

He's never displayed low IQ behavior.

He tries to punish the defense too much for giving him the shot. He's confident and that's a lot better than the alternative, because the alternative makes you play like NAW.

I have been on the THT train from the beginning, but that first layup attempt in his first game in the preseason was ROOOUUUGH. . . Hardy and staff are doing a great job of reigning in the stupid and letting him be the best player he can be.

He is still young and if he learns to play more under control and improves his shot he could turn out good.

Might even break our triple double drought by the end of this season if he gets one game where it all clicks.

I wonder if his 3pt% will rise post ASB. Not expecting it to be crazy, but like 30% instead of 25%. He's taking mostly balanced attempts now instead of the wild **** he was doing to start

If he opts in and spends next year with this coaching staff he'll probably become a really valuable player for this team. I'm excited to see him finish the season with a bigger role if Sexton misses a good chunk of time. THT is strong as hell and progressing well.

I wonder if his 3pt% will rise post ASB. Not expecting it to be crazy, but like 30% instead of 25%. He's taking mostly balanced attempts now instead of the wild **** he was doing to start
He’s still so young and clearly coachable. He’s a fun player to have. I’m excited to see him in an expanded role moving forward. Hopefully, he sticks around for awhile. Kid is so entertaining.

I actually felt bad for him when he threw the last pass away… I wanted to lose but it was hard for him to make that mistake after he had played so well. This season man… can’t lose but also can’t win.

I cackled several times last night and several of them were THT related. All of them were good cackles.

I actually felt bad for him when he threw the last pass away… I wanted to lose but it was hard for him to make that mistake after he had played so well. This season man… can’t lose but also can’t win.

I cackled several times last night and several of them were THT related. All of them were good cackles.
Yeah, it looked like THT was actually thinking on that last play. All his good plays just seem to kind of just magically appear. THT one of the few players who makes plays before I can see them on TV. Like usually I'm like Ok , player X is open here pass it. THT plays are just like spin spin spin oh **** he just threw an alley oop, but I had no idea that player was there because I was too focused on the spinning.

It is so great to see THT thrive with these consistent minutes. I was really hoping we would see he and NAW get the benefit of these minutes but 1 is better than none. The question now is if he keeps playing at this level does he opt out and what would you pay to bring him back? It may actually be in our best interest to having him opt out and we can lock him up on a 4 year contract.

It is so great to see THT thrive with these consistent minutes. I was really hoping we would see he and NAW get the benefit of these minutes but 1 is better than none. The question now is if he keeps playing at this level does he opt out and what would you pay to bring him back? It may actually be in our best interest to having him opt out and we can lock him up on a 4 year contract.
He's not going to opt out. Who's going to give him a long term contract over 10 million per year? I could see him possibly agreeing to an extension that would set him up to be a free agent when the cap starts rising if he feels comfortable with his spot on the Jazz.

Right now he's playing well, but it's still more cute/fun than it is real. He has to become a better finisher and a better set shooter to really be worth a long term deal worth any kind of money over the minimum. And that's isn't going to happen in season.

Yeah, it looked like THT was actually thinking on that last play. All his good plays just seem to kind of just magically appear. THT one of the few players who makes plays before I can see them on TV. Like usually I'm like Ok , player X is open here pass it. THT plays are just like spin spin spin oh **** he just threw an alley oop, but I had no idea that player was there because I was too focused on the spinning.
Look we need to institute a two spin rule with THT… one spin means nothing… two spins means **** is about to happen… it will be spectacular and you will cackle… but it might be good or bad.

He's not going to opt out. Who's going to give him a long term contract over 10 million per year? I could see him possibly agreeing to an extension that would set him up to be a free agent when the cap starts rising if he feels comfortable with his spot on the Jazz.

Right now he's playing well, but it's still more cute/fun than it is real. He has to become a better finisher and a better set shooter to really be worth a long term deal worth any kind of money over the minimum. And that's isn't going to happen in season.
If he continues to play well I could see an opt out… he will know at that point what would be on the table. I could also see him getting like a one year extension. The good news is I don’t think he’s a negative contract… so I think he’s movable… if we need/want to.

If he continues to play well I could see an opt out… he will know at that point what would be on the table. I could also see him getting like a one year extension. The good news is I don’t think he’s a negative contract… so I think he’s movable… if we need/want to.
Yep. If he keeps playing at this level I think there is a very good chance that he opts out. The good news is there aren't a lot of teams with capspace and a few of the teams already have a bunch of young guards. The 2 teams that I think could go after him are the pacers and rockets. I think his college buddy Hali would have some interest in playing with him and they would be a really good defensive backcourt. The rockets will have a ton of capspace that they need to put to work and they need to add defense and playmaking.