What's new

The Down Payment was to the Jazz

Shame he is horrific on catch and shoot 3's. Would open up his game so much if he could reliably shoot within the teams offense.

Has flashed a lot of defensive upside, if he can become more consistent on offense he will stick in the league for a long time.
They'll get better. They certainly can't get worse

Going to laugh my *** off when all the plus minus lineup data starts showing THT as good and the annoying *** clowns who misuse that stuff to hate on him have to find a new grift.

Crazy to think people thought it was a bad trade. I cant believe people thought we could get something great for Beverly. But I really dislike him so it was easy to trade for a guy that seemed to have some upside. THT has shown flashes but the last two games he has looked good. Lets see if he can start to get some consistency on offense. He is still quite young.
It started with people disliking him because of the LA hype machine to people disliking him because I started to like him.

THT can do the unexpected and bring a lot of fun to games.
I don't know him well at all and so want to ask about a particular decision he made.
Check the video below.. on the fastbreak it's 2vs1 around the rim but he instead decides to feed Clarkson, who is wide open for a 3P shot on the corner.
Is it a high IQ play like "Hmm Clarkson would score 70% of the time from there, so expected points is 3*70% = 2.1 already higher than 2 - so I'm passing to him"
or is it a chaotic decision making process?

View: https://youtu.be/g0BBM64fQ0o?t=466

I don't know him well at all and so want to ask about a particular decision he made.
Check the video below.. on the fastbreak it's 2vs1 around the rim but he instead decides to feed Clarkson, who is wide open for a 3P shot on the corner.
Is it a high IQ play like "Hmm Clarkson would score 70% of the time from there, so expected points is 3*70% = 2.1 already higher than 2 - so I'm passing to him"

He probably could have finished that play himself quite easily. But in his post match interview after the last Lakers game he mentioned that he's working on cutting down on the wild drives that end in ill-advised shots and work better within the offense. He's looking to pass more and I think he made that play because that's the plan he has in his head now. So I don't think it was high IQ in the sense that he was calculating percentages and potential points, but it came from the general idea he has in his head about adjusting his game to suit the offense, which in his case means pass more.

He has potential and needs time. I would wait until the end of the season to pass the judgement. He is such a mix of awesome and awfull that it doesn't make sense to make victory lap on his assessement after good of bad game. Let's see how his numbers will look after longer period with Jazz staff. Consistency is key for him.

THT is definitely improving. Glad to see him cutting down on his wild stupid ****. If he can reign that in and play with the offense more he could be an impact energy guy. He has settled down on his 3 point shot too. Have to wonder how much of that is the impact of Hornacek.

THT is definitely improving. Glad to see him cutting down on his wild stupid ****. If he can reign that in and play with the offense more he could be an impact energy guy. He has settled down on his 3 point shot too. Have to wonder how much of that is the impact of Hornacek.

Totally agree.

THT deserves a more aptly titled thread cause he was huge last night and continues to get better and better. Last night he came in at a crucial juncture of the fourth and proceeded to play some lockdown defense on Murray and QB the offense. He and Sexton are having quite an informal competition for minutes - last night is score one for THT!

THT deserves a more aptly titled thread cause he was huge last night and continues to get better and better. Last night he came in at a crucial juncture of the fourth and proceeded to play some lockdown defense on Murray and QB the offense. He and Sexton are having quite an informal competition for minutes - last night is score one for THT!
What's with y'all trying to police thread titles? Go make a THT thread if you want a different title. This title is GOATED.

Honestly I have no idea. In real-time I felt like he ****ed up his footwork and the little fake thing the defender did kind of threw him off and he got caught in a weird spot and just tossed it out to Clarkson, but maybe it was all planned.

Man, the give to Kessler was nice too.

He sees his teammates better than what I gave him credit for.

Never understood the hate THT got by the Jazzfanz community.
Did you not watch him in preseason and the first couple games he was sooo bad, and displayed low IQ up the Yin-yang. But, since then he’s grown on me. He still infuriates me from time to time with some of the things he does. I see why the lakers loved him in the beginning and couldn’t wait to get rid of him in the end. I think he’s good in spurts, but leave him in long enough and he inevitably does something cringe worthy. But I will say, he comes up with some of the most brilliant moments. The block and fast break into a wide open three for JC was so fun a highlight.