The future of drop-big defense; and, necessary adjustments

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
The two teams that met in the Finals had traditional bigs at the 5, I hope the Jazz keep Gobert, win championships with him and put up his statue in front of the arena.
Bam and AD aren’t traditional. Ad is crazy skilled and Bam is really skilled... can’t shoot yet but might soon.

Rudy is quite valuable against AD... so he can definitely be part of the formula if you want to beat them.

Joncolton

Bam and AD aren’t traditional. Ad is crazy skilled and Bam is really skilled... can’t shoot yet but might soon.

Rudy is quite valuable against AD... so he can definitely be part of the formula if you want to beat them.
The Lakers starting center was Dwight Howard. AD played the 4. What skills do you feel Bam has that Rudy does not?

Jazzmix

We can discuss all different defensive systems all day long but in the end it comes down to the fact that we need to add ad least two good defenders to the roster because otherwise whatever we try with our current team will be just visual.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
We can discuss all different defensive systems all day long but in the end it comes down to the fact that we need to add ad least two good defenders to the roster because otherwise whatever we try with our current team will be just visual.
I agree with this to a point... The defense in the post season was atrocious and if you have the best defensive player in the league you should put up something better than atrocious.

If we want to be elite again then we need to add a couple defenders.

latin jazz

I agree with this to a point... The defense in the post season was atrocious and if you have the best defensive player in the league you should put up something better than atrocious.

It seems you just don't "agree...to a point" but have the same take on this.

Yup, me need at least a couple of good/athletic/switchable defenders.

FAILED STATE

And it matters who closes games. Conley shouldn’t be.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner

Very close.. I think that schemes could have a decent impact even with the current personnel. All we needed to get past Denver was a slight uptick... long term we need more than just a slight uptick... we need better personnel and varying schemes.

LoPo

The Lakers starting center was Dwight Howard. AD played the 4. What skills do you feel Bam has that Rudy does not?
Dwight averaged less than 12 mpg in the Finals. He played a total of 24 minutes in the last 3 games (1, 15, and 8).

Traditional center is close to gone in rhe NBA as a necessity. You either have elite guys at something or its just a platoon. Rudy is the last relevant center who just rebounds, plays d and sets screens

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app