What's new

The future of drop-big defense; and, necessary adjustments

Milwaukee would be in trouble with a switching team like the Clips.

It should be the main scheme but you also have to be able to counter or have guys that put pressure on the perimeter.
Bucks obliterated Heat though. Clippers could pose more serious problems but the defensive gameplan against Giannis is well established. Form a wall, let him shoot or go over it.

You need good defenders to have good defense for sure. So many teams switch because it's the easiest way to keep things in front, doesn't mean they are good. And a big in drop can erase a lot of deficiencies, see Gobert, Utah. But it all comes to hunt you in the playoffs because it's all about your weak links and Jazz have too many.

I would like to see Jazz incorporate different schemes but I don't have any trust in the perimeter players to execute it and if the Jazz want to switch they can do so with Gobert for stretches but Jazz would need 2-3 versatile defenders and those are gonna take away minutes from Clarkson, Bogey and Ingles. That would probably kill some of our offense and then it's a game of math.

I think that's why we were hopeful about Oni, he had a good looking quick shot, he seems like he understands offense and projected to be good defender. So no compromise. Hope it works out better in the future but Jazz need to alter their player profile rather than having contingencies.

Looking like Detroit will be drafting a better version of their main guy this year. Maybe they bite on Conley S&T/Bogey/Niang for Grant.