What's new

The Holy War 2017

Last time I talked to Trout, he said he and some of the other zoobs were planning on going into a cryogenics program, where they could be frozen and then re-animated in 200, 500, or 1000 years. However long it takes for BYU to catch back up to Utah's football program.

Trout was an alright dude, Blownan on the other hand was a complete moron. However, I have to admit that I kinda miss those old BYU fans in here because at least they had some fight in them. The BYU fans that are left in here just kinda silently sit in the shadows, waiting for a BYU victory so they can come in here and talk about it after the fact.

Last time I talked to Trout, he said he and some of the other zoobs were planning on going into a cryogenics program, where they could be frozen and then re-animated in 200, 500, or 1000 years. However long it takes for BYU to catch back up to Utah's football program.

Atheist hooligans will totally destroy BYU in the year 2113. Maybe BYU can have a few good games before then.

I should also mention that I really like BYU's D- especially their front 7. It's still not enough for me to think BYU will win the game considering the Utah D is pretty damn good too and I think their O is faster/better.

I'm curious: Any of the BYU fans in here picking a BYU win this week?

Honestly, I wasn't expecting very much against LSU.. I was saying during the offseason to friends that there was a good chance BYU wouldn't score against LSU. I mean, they allowed 16 total touchdowns last season, and only gave up 9 points to Lamar Jackson in the bowl game. That terrified me headed into last week. So the game last week really didn't change my feelings about this game at all. I don't think that BYU is as bad as some are making them out to be.

That being said, I don't think any BYU fan can be confident in guaranteeing a win after the way we've crapped our pants during the past 6 games. I think that the game will be close and will be determined in the final two minutes. Hopefully the Cougars can do enough to win, finally.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting very much against LSU.. I was saying during the offseason to friends that there was a good chance BYU wouldn't score against LSU. I mean, they allowed 16 total touchdowns last season, and only gave up 9 points to Lamar Jackson in the bowl game. That terrified me headed into last week. So the game last week really didn't change my feelings about this game at all. I don't think that BYU is as bad as some are making them out to be.

That being said, I don't think any BYU fan can be confident in guaranteeing a win after the way we've crapped our pants during the past 6 games. I think that the game will be close and will be determined in the final two minutes. Hopefully the Cougars can do enough to win, finally.

All fair points and I give you cred for being one of the few Cougar fans in here that's willing to post in a rivalry thread and actually talk about the game. You got a score prediction?

You guys remember this gem?? Is it seared into your memory (regrettably), like it is in mine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DQ80hBXfdE

here's [MENTION=840]fishonjazz[/MENTION] and his lady

[edit]

and another one with his boiii

[edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

Believe it or not I would have loved a BYU win against LSU. Since BYU had their henchmen on Capitol Hill force Utah to schedule them annually again Utah kinda needs BYU to be half relevant. Here's the thing BYU doesn't beat LSU ever. They also don't beat P5 schools that finish with a winning record(Srsly when is the last time it happened). At most they upset P5 schools in a down year that finish below .500. If you're not willing to join a conference for the sake of BYU relevance then do it for the school up north that you are holding hostage.

Call up CSU at the end of the year and the pair of you head over to the AAC. You get to finish the year with 8 meaningful games against mid majors instead of 6 meaningless games against mid majors(or worse). You'll still get the annual hostage game and 3 more to try and schedule as many P5 as you can. In December you won't be playing in the Miami Beach who gives a **** bowl. You will be playing in a meaningful bowl likely against a P5 team (NY6?). How is that not better!

There is a reason schools don't line up for the independence thing. Note Dame isn't even really independent. They are basically an ACC team with a partial scheduling exemption.

Be a sport join a conference and win a conference title so that Utah can get some credit for beating you every year.

Last edited:
Believe it or not I would have loved a BYU win against LSU. Since BYU had their henchmen on Capitol Hill force Utah to schedule them annually again Utah kinda needs BYU to be half relevant. Here's the thing BYU doesn't beat LSU ever. They also don't beat P5 schools that finish with a winning record(Srsly when is the last time it happened). At most they upset P5 schools in a down year that finish below .500. If you're not willing to join a conference for the sake of BYU relevance then do it for the school up north that you are holding hostage.

Call up CSU at the end of the year and the pair of you head over to the AAC. You get to finish the year with 8 meaningful games against mid majors instead of 6 meaningless games against mid majors(or worse). You'll still get the annual hostage game and 3 more to try and schedule as many P5 as you can. In December you won't be playing in the Miami Beach who gives a **** bowl. You will be playing in a meaningful bowl likely against a P5 team (NY6?). How is that not better!

There is a reason schools don't line up for the independence thing. Note Dame isn't even really independent. They are basically an ACC team with a partial scheduling exemption.

Be a sport join a conference and win a conference title so that Utah can get some credit for beating you every year.

This post makes my heart happy.

So A-Rod is gonna be up in BYU's coaching booth on Saturday. I get that Utah fired him but doing this while not on BYU's payroll has to be extremely frowned upon in coaching circles. He better hope Sitake hires him in the offseason...

I wouldn't mind a scheduling agreement with the AAC, but the majority of our fan base likes independence. We get some fun games every season, and the schedules have only been getting better by the year. Honestly, I see more comments from Ute fans about this than I do from BYU fans. I think we'd love to be in a P5, but independence is a definite upgrade to a G5 conference, at least in the minds of the majority of the fanbase.

So A-Rod is gonna be up in BYU's coaching booth on Saturday. I get that Utah fired him but doing this while not on BYU's payroll has to be extremely frowned upon in coaching circles. He better hope Sitake hires him in the offseason...

Where are you hearing this? And to answer your last post, I think that the score will be 19-17.

I wouldn't mind a scheduling agreement with the AAC, but the majority of our fan base likes independence. We get some fun games every season, and the schedules have only been getting better by the year. Honestly, I see more comments from Ute fans about this than I do from BYU fans. I think we'd love to be in a P5, but independence is a definite upgrade to a G5 conference, at least in the minds of the majority of the fanbase.
This.
Ute fans want byu in a g5 conference. Byu fans, for the most part, see it like p5 > independence > g5.

Where are you hearing this? And to answer your last post, I think that the score will be 19-17.
I don't where he heard it but I heard something similar. Don't remember where I heard it either.

An interesting and kind of crazy stat I heard on the radio: 16 of the last 19 games in this rivalry have been decided by a touchdown or less.
I wonder if there is any other rivalry in the country that could claim the same.

8 of BYU's final 9 games

Utah St
Boise St
East Carolina
San Jose St
Fresno St
UNLV
UMASS
Hawaii

That's 8 games! Which is exactly the number in an AAC schedule. You play a G5 schedule but don't get bowl access or a Conference Championship! You can still load up the front of the schedule with P5 teams. In 2009 #3 Oklahoma played week 1 in Provo! Two weeks later you played Florida State! Independence isn't better it's worse. How can you not see that? Y'all just still bitter.

8 of BYU's final 9 games

Utah St
Boise St
East Carolina
San Jose St
Fresno St
UNLV
UMASS
Hawaii

That's 8 games! Which is exactly the number in an AAC schedule. You play a G5 schedule but don't get bowl access or a Conference Championship! You can still load up the front of the schedule with P5 teams. In 2009 #3 Oklahoma played week 1 in Provo! Two weeks later you played Florida State! Independence isn't better it's worse. How can you not see that? Y'all just still bitter.
Yep, ute fans think byu should want g5, byu fans don't though. We established that.
Thanks for your input though.

Why? why do you see it that way? There is no good reason to. That's just f****** dumb.
There are good reasons. It's pointless to have the discussion with you about it though as I know that whatever good reason I have won't be a good reason in your eyes.

Hell, one good reason is that ute fans think byu should go to a g5 conference. That right there is reason enough to want to stay independent. Ute fans don't typically want what's best for byu lol.

I think the utes should join back up with the mtn west lol.