What's new

The Holy War 2017

During the 6 game ute win streak the average margin of victory has been 3.8 points. I found that stat interesting.

During the 6 game ute win streak the average margin of victory has been 3.8 points. I found that stat interesting.

Mark my words: BYU will be winning this game by halftime (I'm thinking something in the neighborhood of 10-7). I just think in the 2nd half Utah grinds them down a little bit and the speed difference becomes a factor.

Mark my words: BYU will be winning this game by halftime (I'm thinking something in the neighborhood of 10-7). I just think in the 2nd half Utah grinds them down a little bit and the speed difference becomes a factor.
That would be quite the change. Usually it seems that utah comes out and smacks byu in the mouth and it takes byu too long to recover.
Maybe that's just the last couple games though. I think the last 2 games started with a utah pick six in the first BYU possession. I know last year it was actually the first offensive play of the game lol. (Might have been the 1st play of the game in the bowl game too. Can't remember for sure)

That would be quite the change. Usually it seems that utah comes out and smacks byu in the mouth and it takes byu too long to recover.
Maybe that's just the last couple games though. I think the last 2 games started with a utah pick six in the first BYU possession. I know last year it was actually the first offensive play of the game lol. (Might have been the 1st play of the game in the bowl game too. Can't remember for sure)

I just think BYU is going to come out like a cornered dog with nothing to lose. After how the LSU game went, getting this win could turn the tide of their season and I think they're very aware of that.

Ute fans continuing to prove just how over this rivalry they are.

Doesn't BYU have to win once in a while for it to be a rivalry? I think fans on both sides are over the rivalry, since it hasn't been one in a long time.

However, as a Ute fan, I still enjoy this matchup. Watching cougar fans get their spirit broken never gets old.;)

If you think that's smack talk, I feel sorry for you. But the truth remains, Ute fans are not over the rivalry.

No Ute fan has ever said that they don't hate BYU, we really ****ing do. That being said if we play you I want you to go 11-1 and be relevant cause I like Utah more than I hate BYU. When it comes bowl selection the perceptionof our opponents matters. If Utah doesn't play you guys I hope y'all lose every single game.

It's actually 10.5

Congrats on successfully deleting 54-10 from your memory though :)
Wasn't my stat. Read it in an article. My bad. You are right. Thanks for the correction.
The Heaps debacle

Last edited:
Ute fans continuing to prove just how over this rivalry they are.
BYU even got ugli baby to come back to jazzfanz briefly!

Sorry but the gap between the programs is growing ever wider. That's just reality.

I agree with you 100%. The score in the games recently doesn't reflect the growing gap for whatever reason however.
The winner of this game in 16 of the last 19 games has won by a td or less. Basically the gap in this particular game isn't much different than it was 20 years ago.

I do agree that the talent gap is widening though. P5 is obviously greater than non p5 for recruiting purposes.

I found your error to be more interesting than your stat.

Well duh. Of course you did. And again, it wasn't my error. I didn't come up with that number.

I agree with you 100%. The score in the games recently doesn't reflect the growing gap for whatever reason however.
The winner of this game in 16 of the last 19 games has won by a td or less. Basically the gap in this particular game isn't much different than it was 20 years ago.

I do agree that the talent gap is widening though. P5 is obviously greater than non p5 for recruiting purposes.

are these your stats?