What's new

The Inevitable Favs Reunion

So after Murray just torched our backcourt and perimeter defense, I think that needs to be addressed before a backup center.

two ways to solve this.

get a proper PF who can rebound and cover behind Rudy, then insert him into the starting lineup so we can let Rudy come out and help guard the perimeter.

Or just improve our perimeter D straight up so Rudy can sag off and do his things in the paint.

Then unless you can get Jamychal Green or else we are still killing ourselves with no PF in the lineup. Rudy will still be scared to come out to challenge because he can't leave his own man behind then give away offensive boards to the opponent.yet our horrendous perimeter D means Rudy has to come out to help our small and slow-footed defenders before folks like Jamal Murray/Eric Gordon/Dennis Schroder drop 40 or even 50 on us again. Pick your poison
I prefer cyanide. Nice almondy smell.

The Annual let's bring back a former Jazz player hoping that he is better but what happens is the player returns and then we quickly remember why we let him go. I love Favor and he would definitely help but he struggled in NO and still cannot hit the 3pt. At the right price I wouldn't mind a return but I don't think he is the answer to what ails the Jazz.

The Annual let's bring back a former Jazz player hoping that he is better but what happens is the player returns and then we quickly remember why we let him go. I love Favor and he would definitely help but he struggled in NO and still cannot hit the 3pt. At the right price I wouldn't mind a return but I don't think he is the answer to what ails the Jazz.

This cannot be overstated. I still have nightmares of the atrocity that was Raja Bell's return.

I love Favs , be awesome to have him back in some sort of backup role that could be used before Bradley .

so is Ed Davis contract up ? can’t really remember a guy coming to the Jazz and playing so badly , pretty much forgot how to play, had no idea what he was doing out there ..

Maybe John Amaechi was worse .

That would be Awesome. Favors is one of my all time favorite players. He has high value in the playoffs, and sadly he’s just what this team was missing

All of your ****ing whining about needing to be a better team and that our roster is built like garbage, and you wanna go back to what we knew more than anything else wasn't working all those years?

Because it wasn't working. It won't work. He would be a backup/depth and anything more than that would be a straight-up mistake.

Gobert/Favors/no Rubio was a good combination
Gobert/Rubio/no Favors was a good combination
Favors/Rubio/no Gobert was a good combinaton
Gobert/Favors/Rubio did not work

Especially if we keep Conley, Favors helps cover some of his weaknesses

As long as we played Favors/Gobert with any combo of Clarkson, Mitchell, Ingles, and Conley, then we could run that combo 5-10 minutes per night. Maybe 12. At least we’d get rebounds. Finally.

Get Faves back and trade Rudy for a decent haul. Favors then is inserted as the new starting 5 and the Jazz go on a rampage to title town.
And then play three games above 30 minutes, then spend the rest of the season hobbled and missing at least a quarter of the season.

I think they'd play a bit together... not sure Favs is ready to go full 12 minute a game backup... he may not care if it prolongs his career.

I worry about his body and he looked not good in the bubble. I think he may have checked out of the season and then forgot to get back into shape.

I love Favs and giving Joe someone to run pick and roll with on the second unit is great. I'd still like a stretch 5 option but... oh well.
16 minutes. Rudy is gonna need to play less minutes one day. I worry Quin is gonna Thibs him and Joe.

Having Favors back would fix so many of our problems. He's by far the most impactful realistic free agent that we could sign for the MLE. I'm shocked that there are people who are against this

And then play three games above 30 minutes, then spend the rest of the season hobbled and missing at least a quarter of the season.

Oh don't get me wrong, he'll come in saying he's in the best shape of his life. And then within the first week or two start having his all too routine back spasms.

Last edited:

How did he struggle in NO? He almost averaged a double-double in 24mpg. Had his best FG% and highest offensive rebounding % of his career.

You play him as a back-up C and/or combo him on the floor with Morgan at the 4/5 then you don't need him to shoot 3 pointers.

I want this so bad. DL definitely took him for granted. We Bogey back from injury, we retain Clarkson and we get Favors back that would be a great offseason considering the circumstances. Would be nice if we could maneuver it somehow to keep the MLE. So, I like the sign-and-trade idea.