What's new

The Irrational Covid

If I could ask Fauci one question it would be: what is the plan to ever stop wearing masks? In this hearing with Rand Paul. he cites current vaccines offer little to no protection against the 351 variant. There is always going to be another variant as years go on - it's what viruses do. By the time an updated vaccine comes out to protect against 351 variant, a new strain will have emerged and thus we restart the process over and over just like the flu.

If I could ask Fauci one question it would be: what is the plan to ever stop wearing masks? In this hearing with Rand Paul. he cites current vaccines offer little to no protection against the 351 variant. There is always going to be another variant as years go on - it's what viruses do. By the time an updated vaccine comes out to protect against 351 variant, a new strain will have emerged and thus we restart the process over and over just like the flu.

Fauci wants us to wear masks for variants that aren't here yet, or that have not developed yet.

Masks primarily are effective in preventing spread because they catch virus from the mask wearer. That is always a good thing, of course. But if you have had the vaccine or the virus the benefit is close to zero, for the mask wearer as well as others. Fauci has admitted the fact that a study shows a distance of 3 ft shows the same b benefit as 6ft. with no masks in use. A mask if it's on right and does filter all the exhaled breath actually means, likely, that 1 ft distance is good enough. Most cheap masks allow lateral air escapage, but in such cases a distance of 3 ft would still be adequate. Measures like good hygiene such as flushing sneeze tissues down a toilet and replacing masks or washing them every several hours, hand washing, frequent disinfection of common surfaces, with respect for distancing seems adequatge to open schools.

And businesses.

And for good measure, for hell's sake, install electrostatic and HEPA filters and ozone generators in duct work. Ozone is a very efficient disinfectant, is short-lived and is tolerated by humans at very effective disinfection levels. The government paid for the damn study. They know this.

tyrants just love tove to give us stupid orders.

We've been Fauci'd.

Second point. Almost all variants we have seen so far are stopped by vaccines or wild-type original infections with any of the several early lines of virus.

Re-infection rates are nearly zero, 1 in a million or so. The antibodies appear to be long-lived in humans with no evidence of declines within our experience so far.

Florida's policy of emphasizing protection/attention on most vulnerable population segments appears to be successful.

So we have a virus that practically has no effect on nearly 90% of us, and most of those 10% can be identified and specifically protected. We now have adequate hospital capacity for those who need care, and several very good treatment protocols, including antibody-loaded plasma infusion and some fairly good antivirals, and other measures to counteract severe reaction like the cytokine storm.

If the virus were some damn Bill Gates wet dream for world depopulation, he sure picked a loser virus. Either that or Trump outsmarted Gates.

But hey, there is still that Darwin theory about the survival of those who use the good sense God gives us all.

The mask is probably worth wearing in any crowd just because you won't get something from a passerby spitting in the wind. Oh, say, like the flu.

and, uhhhmmmm, I don't want that South African variant either.

I referred to red blood cells and platelets, not white blood cells, and I believe the structure you meant to say is a ribosome, which is the structure that converts RNA into proteins, IIRC.

Most red blood cells don't have ribosomes. Lacking a nucleus and a need to construct proteins, they don't need them.

Platelets do not have nuclei, but do have ribosomes, and can generate a much smaller range of proteins. Perhaps the virus can adversely affect them, but I don't think they can generate more viruses, and the vaccine doesn't doesn't have enough material to affect that many platelets to that degree.
I still need to review the basics here. Pretty sure all cells from a stem cell line have some sort of remnant of all the stem capacities. Pretty sure no cell is entirely without extranuclear ribosome capacities.

What I'm chewing on here is this. The study I linked appears to be Nobel-Prize level groundbreaking. It looks like it is the beachhead into a whole new world of study. I mean mad cow disease, prion-class proteings, and stuff that causes dementia and cancer, maybe a deep residual reserve of cancer-fighting naturals.

And these MiRNAs are made inside the erythrocyte, in spades.

Fauci wants us to wear masks for variants that aren't here yet, or that have not developed yet.

Masks primarily are effective in preventing spread because they catch virus from the mask wearer. That is always a good thing, of course. But if you have had the vaccine or the virus the benefit is close to zero, for the mask wearer as well as others. Fauci has admitted the fact that a study shows a distance of 3 ft shows the same b benefit as 6ft. with no masks in use. A mask if it's on right and does filter all the exhaled breath actually means, likely, that 1 ft distance is good enough. Most cheap masks allow lateral air escapage, but in such cases a distance of 3 ft would still be adequate. Measures like good hygiene such as flushing sneeze tissues down a toilet and replacing masks or washing them every several hours, hand washing, frequent disinfection of common surfaces, with respect for distancing seems adequatge to open schools.

And businesses.

And for good measure, for hell's sake, install electrostatic and HEPA filters and ozone generators in duct work. Ozone is a very efficient disinfectant, is short-lived and is tolerated by humans at very effective disinfection levels. The government paid for the damn study. They know this.

tyrants just love tove to give us stupid orders.

We've been Fauci'd.

I would like to have a look at Mr. Fauci's and some of his family/associates stock portfolios. My guess is MRNA and JNJ are holdings.

I would like to have a look at Mr. Fauci's and some of his family/associates stock portfolios. My guess is MRNA and JNJ are holdings.

The rumors are out there, for sure.

I'm noting that actually all of the vaccines involved patients' cell-produced antigen, and hence, cell lysis of whatever cell takes in the carrier. What I wonder most about in the long-term is we have no measure of the risk that the antigens so produced might over time become tagged as "self" and not only stop working at all, but maybe even tag other host issues and produce autoimmune disease.

I suppose you can always just assume that whatever supports your beliefs happens to be true.

Or, you can search for truths even when they make you uncomfortable.

Viruses mutate when they copy themselves - minor errors in the copy may create a more or less deadly/transmissible/severe virus. Any new variant that is less of any of those things is something that we don't worry about (well, I guess unless it's also more difficult to treat, or if we ignore it to much and it starts spreading more, and then starts mutating as it spreads more...) So if you can slow the spread down, you slow the number of new variants, which then gives you more time to prepare for new variants, which slows the spread even more, etc, etc.

I'm not a scientist, but I can at least apply some critical thinking to the subject.

Viruses mutate when they copy themselves - minor errors in the copy may create a more or less deadly/transmissible/severe virus. Any new variant that is less of any of those things is something that we don't worry about (well, I guess unless it's also more difficult to treat, or if we ignore it to much and it starts spreading more, and then starts mutating as it spreads more...) So if you can slow the spread down, you slow the number of new variants, which then gives you more time to prepare for new variants, which slows the spread even more, etc, etc.

I'm not a scientist, but I can at least apply some critical thinking to the subject.
I think this is good sense.

I also think that the reason a lot of people push back on guidelines from the government is because they come with fines, inconsistent treatment of competitors, and often sheer stupidity in the regulatory baggage.

As long as we have mere humans trying to govern the masses, even science can't save us.

We have to push back just as much as we have to have good sense. Hopefully, sometimes we will have good sense in the pushback, and maybe some officials will back off of sheer stupidity. I know that's a lot to ask for. Too much to expect, but not too much to try to achieve.

I suppose you can always just assume that whatever supports your beliefs happens to be true.

Or, you can search for truths even when they make you uncomfortable.
#1 here is rarely the whole truth, but is an easy slam when you have no evidence and aren't willing to bring evidence into the mix.

#2 is usually true in part, even for confirmed conspiracy theorists and confirmed conspirators trying to force a narrative lie.

That's why free speech works........ well, if anything can.

Going back to my link about MiRNA, I've filled in/relearned a little. Red Blood Cells extrude their nucleus, mitochondria and Endoplasmic Reticulum early in development towards maturity. Scientists say this may be to reduce size constraints and enable RBC flow through very small capillaries. I think White Blood Cells also. I see some reports disputing this and asserting other possible functional "reasons" or factors. I question why macrophages can apparently circulate just fine everywhere.... Thus it is thought by @One Brow that a vaccine that relies on patient cell machinery involved in producing an antigen from a mRNA carried into a patient cell by any mechanism whether viral or any other method for getting across the patient's cell membrane, would not be functional inside an RBC or platelet or white cell or lymphocyte where those known translational bodies must b e present.

I am assuming that any carrier capable of emplacing mRNA into a cell can do so in most cells. Whether this affects clotting generally would be a whole different discussion. Clotting is triggered by signals of cell or structural damage, where platelets are drawn by that signal and bind to stuff. If such an aggregation of blood cells detaches from a fixed site, you have a circulating clot that can cause a stroke or heart attack or impair circulation in the lungs. Whether an mRNA vaccine can cause such events is what scientists are discussing and fools like me are arguing about.

Let me clear. If this were a primary issue, we'd already know a helluva lot about it, thousands of vaccinated people would be dropping dead the very day of their vaccinations, and Bill Gates and other backers of the vaccines would be hiding all their assets in offshore accounts under fake names.

The question is already in the category of pathological conditions that can with some rare or long-term delayed rate of occurrence. Maybe only affecting people with specific pre-existing conditions or genetic factors.

Still worth studying.

But the article I cited is something else. Three scientists in Beijing showing RBC miRNA storage, and probably synthesis as well, as a significant force in human health in many ways, with literally hundreds of miRNA products with widely varying effects, some shown to be in large circulation in the body and derived from the red blood cells. No nuclear, mitochondrial or endoplasmic reticulum-based productions.

Could be produced by residual functional RNA or protein products from stem cell origin. I don't know. Maybe nobody knows yet. A good question.

Means mRNA carried into any blood cell could potentially be processed into an antigen. Without a nucleus, mitichondria, or ER.

We won't know how safe mRNA vaccines are unless we track a whole shipload of potential or imagined downstream effects, most of whose pathways we know little about even now.

We would do a lot better to produce and deploy a traditional vaccine. In the long term, we have issues with any kind of vaccine. Traditional vaccines have some kind of track record and various disputed problems. Statists reflexively deny questions and reports, and with pre-determined bias set out to dismiss complaints. Not a good policy for regulators, government agencies, or corporations, not really good public behavior for media or social sites or political parties or activist groups.

Hard job, no doubt, to keep scientific objectivity and unbiased work in view. Must be the goal..

Last edited:
Going back to my link about MiRNA, I've filled in/relearned a little.
I just want to point out how much I've enjoyed our interactions in this thread. I hope we can carry this spirit over to other discussions in the future.

I just want to point out how much I've enjoyed our interactions in this thread. I hope we can carry this spirit over to other discussions in the future.

A lot of my stuff has been clearly trying to just push the counter-narratives some people have, largely not because I have decided what's right. Just want to talk about it.

This thread does have a better defined line or enquiry and is not something I've dragged in from the trash cans.

Thanks for your interest.