What's new

The Julius Randle for Mike Conley article.

He is a small-ball 5 that can shoot. Could open up some stuff offensively. He is not a hopeless shooter so you might be able to play him alongside Rudy for spurts. Good rebounder. I think in the right environment the crazy in him could make him a “good” 90’s defender (not good but scary), which is more than can be said about anyone else on this Disney-*** team.
I just think its a layup line if he's the 5, but maybe it ain't worse than when Tony is in the game?

Portis is interesting... ironically the time he was most functional on the court and helped his team actually win was when he was in the super bench lineup with Niko.

He has been a career loser but he's had some truly ****** teammates. Can he play anything that resembles winning or is he a get numbers on **** teams guy. IDK

I just think its a layup line if he's the 5, but maybe it ain't worse than when Tony is in the game?
I’m honestly not qualified to say but it looks to me like Tony gets hunted cuz he looks (and kinda is) soft In addition to showing some questionable skill/decision-making/BBIQ in general which - as you predicted - meant he was unplayable in the playoffs.

I’m not really into dirty play, but there is something to be said about just a split second of fear that a dude might try to **** you up, saying nothing of anything else.

Mostly, I just really think the Jazz need to do the complete opposite of what they’ve been doing regarding the C rotation and start playing dudes that have any perimeter skills whatsoever there so that the Jazz have different looks that they can pivot to.

I’m honestly not qualified to say but it looks to me like Tony gets hunted cuz he looks (and kinda is) soft In addition to showing some questionable skill/decision-making/BBIQ in general which - as you predicted - meant he was unplayable in the playoffs.

I’m not really into dirty play, but there is something to be said about just a split second of fear that a dude might try to **** you up, saying nothing of anything else.

Mostly, I just really think the Jazz need to do the complete opposite of what they’ve been doing regarding the C rotation and start playing dudes that have any perimeter skills whatsoever there so that the Jazz have different looks that they can pivot to.
We were definitely lacking in attitude this season.

I'll just take the L on my first post lol. Thought Portis could be defined as a wing but I was wrong and I definitely don't understand NBA cap.

Maybe not relevant to this thread, but from what I've seen I don't want to start a new one. I don't see much of a use trading with the Knicks if we can't dump cap. I think an interesting potential target could be the clips. Maybe they overreact and could look for a Conley, PG swap?
PG again didn't show up in the playoffs, and it looked like they couldn't run half court offense at all. Conley, besides that game 7 where no one played well, was great in the bubble and even better in the playoffs. He's a veteran PG and could be seen as a solution to running there offense. They will have a strong defense regardless of PG and they've already got some of the top 1 on 1 defenders to stop the opposing teams 1 and 2 options. PG is a far better player, and Kawhi would have to OK it (I don't know what kind of relationship they have).

Edit: I guess with bev and Lou Williams, it wouldn't really make sense unless they deal one of them as well.

Last edited:
If we could get PG then we need to do it. I think part of his disappearing act in the playoffs is he struggled when defense is keyed on him. Make him the #2 to DM and his offense might come in line, and we could definitely use the D on the perimeter. Do this and we are instant contenders.

But it's never happening.