What's new

The key to Spida Greatness

That is one of the best analysis I've seen. There have been numerous times in games, when I wondered why Mitchell -- of all people! -- forced such a stupid play. Now I have to look at these "experiments" in a different light.

And for folks wondering why Quin never gave the same latitude to Exum and Burks, ask yourself if either of those players ever showed the talent to take a "lesson learned" and apply it later in the same damn game?

So Mitchell is actually Skynet?
completeqyuin.gif

I havent read it because I dont subscribe to The Athletic, but Ben Dowsett wrote an article trying to make a link between learning a musical instrument (drums in Don's case) and skill development in the NBA.

I wish he could use this super-power to improve his 3 pt shot. He has good mechanics, I do not get why he is such a poor 3 pt shooter. This is one thing he really needs to work on this off-season. If he can raise his % to 40% he would be one more step closer to unstoppable. That is one huge thing Harden brings. That step-back 3 is just a dagger. Mitchell needs something similar.

I wish he could use this super-power to improve his 3 pt shot. He has good mechanics, I do not get why he is such a poor 3 pt shooter. This is one thing he really needs to work on this off-season. If he can raise his % to 40% he would be one more step closer to unstoppable. That is one huge thing Harden brings. That step-back 3 is just a dagger. Mitchell needs something similar.

Every shot is close. He needs work but with it that pretty I think he'll get there. I mean, we're talking 2" on mant misses.

Every shot is close. He needs work but with it that pretty I think he'll get there. I mean, we're talking 2" on mant misses.
Yeah from what I see he needs to develop consistency in his release. His shots tend to wander from side to side, that is usually a release issue. If he fixes that, which is not a difficult fix really at his level, then the distance part (missing long or short as opposed to side to side) tends to fix itself with varied shots around the court. I have no doubt he can do it, I just hope they make it a priority for him to work on.

One more thing I would like to see him work on is breaking down the defense in the lane then looking specifically to pass. Often we see him get in the lane, get stymied and toss up a bad shot rather than finding the open man. He needs to learn to look for that when he has drawn multiple defenders. I am not saying he never does that, because he does, but he needs to get more consistent in it.

I really think he would benefit a lot by watching tape of Harden breaking down the defense with his drives.

I really think he would benefit a lot by watching tape of Harden breaking down the defense with his drives.
And by witnessing it firsthand over an entire playoff series. Dude is always in school. It's the best part about facing the hardest team in the league in round 2.