What's new

The Mike Conley trade was the biggest failure in Jazz history

Yeah right! Booker called him GOAT at his position last night in an interview. a sentiment shared by many in the NBA. Set a new record hitting 14 of 14 last night in a must win close out. Conley couldn’t do that in his wildest dreams! If he’s a choker, Conley has taken it to a new level. Jim Jackson even commented on his mental struggles when he was so far left on an open layup it ended up being a bad pass to Gobert.

It wasnt a must win game for the suns tho

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

6 points and 1 assist per game is 'killing it' in a lower league?
Yes, he is definitely killing it in his role. IT's the Euro league. You dont put up crazy stats. It's more about efficiency and team play. It's harder to score over there.

You cant Monday morning QB the Conley trade to much. At the time we were getting a solid PG that made us West favorites overnight. I'm sure alot of you were excited about the jazz actually being aggressive for once, I know I was. He was just really bad this year. I am more mad at Quin for being stubborn and mismanaging lineups. Like playing Conley over JC at the end of the game.

You cant Monday morning QB the Conley trade to much. At the time we were getting a solid PG that made us West favorites overnight. I'm sure alot of you were excited about the jazz actually being aggressive for once, I know I was. He was just really bad this year. I am more mad at Quin for being stubborn and mismanaging lineups. Like playing Conley over JC at the end of the game.
Nah dude, the trade that launched Utah into their best regular season performance of all time was actually terrible and it ruined teh Utah Jazz.

It's because everyone wants everyone else to know that they were all individually right when literally no one else believed them that the Conley trade was a bad idea.

You know the way a full half of the board didn't want him in the first place. Only everyone was unique in that assessment and wants everyone to know they had it figured out when no one else did.

Except half the board.
Seems reasonable to me.

I just want to say that I was saying from day 1 that this was a bad trade. I mean I saw it and no one else did, no one believed me when I said this was a bad trade. I'm out here on this island not liking this trade and everyone else is like whatever dude, Conley's great and stuff. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew I was calling this a bad trade from the get-go and no one else was. Literally no one.

Literally.

I just want to say that I was saying from day 1 that this was a bad trade. I mean I saw it and no one else did, no one believed me when I said this was a bad trade. I'm out here on this island not liking this trade and everyone else is like whatever dude, Conley's great and stuff. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew I was calling this a bad trade from the get-go and no one else was. Literally no one.

Literally.
Yeah, there was plenty of people who agreed with you. I liked the trade but I remember many who didn't.

6 points and 1 assist per game is 'killing it' in a lower league?
In the Europe League Dante is averaging 6.8 pts, 2.8 rbs, 1.8 ast in 18 minutes, per game, shooting 57% from 3 after 21 games.

In the Spanish top league, from 15 matches he is averaging 8.3 pts, 3.7rbds, 1.5 ast in 21.7 minutes per game, shooting 46% from 3.

People who said Dante can't shoot have no bloody clue

In the Europe League Dante is averaging 6.8 pts, 2.8 rbs, 1.8 ast in 18 minutes, per game, shooting 57% from 3 after 21 games.

In the Spanish top league, from 15 matches he is averaging 8.3 pts, 3.7rbds, 1.5 ast in 21.7 minutes per game, shooting 46% from 3.

People who said Dante can't shoot have no bloody clue

How many 3's total has he shot in each of these leagues?

Sad but true

Worst trade in Jazz history

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Easily… I applaud the Jazz for at least once attempting to be better than good, and making a “big” move, BUT, this was so obviously the wrong move I can’t believe it. I hope they aren’t even more gun shy now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And we have another 2 years of it seriously who signs a 35 year old for another 3 years no team would want him we are stuck with him like the lakers are with Westbrook

Why are we talking about Exum?

In addition to discussing the worst trade of all time, are we discussing the worst draft pick of all time?

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
It probably comes neck n neck with the Magic Johnson trade but I'd take the Conley deal for its historic significance. Conley trade basically doomed the whole Rudy/DM era whereas adding Magic to that Jazz squad in the early 1980s probably wouldn't have made that much of a difference. We didn't become contender until the late 1980s/early 1990s and Magic probably would have wanted out way before then. Plus adding Magic means we would not be getting Stock.

Likewise I would take the Fess pick for its historic significance. Taking him over Marc Gasol is what doomed the Dwill/Booz era and denied coach Sloan his last chance to win a chip for the organization. It's the worst draft pick in franchise history and there's hardly any competition.