What's new

The Nets

Let's not worry about them until we are actually in the Finals.
I’m not. I’m past that. I’m worrying about how I’ll cancel my work schedule for the championship parade on short notice.

I’m not. I’m past that. I’m worrying about how I’ll cancel my work schedule for the championship parade on short notice.
Call in dead. Get all the time you need!

From David Locke:

Kyrie, Durant and Harden on floor offensive rtg is 126 Harden and Kyrie (no Durant) is 125 Harden and Durant (no Kyrie) is 128 Kyrie and Durant (no Harden) is 120 Kyrie without Durant or Harden is 132 Durant without Kyrie or Harden is 127 Harden without Durant or Kyrie is 116
rYWkM7co_mini.png

@DLocke09
· 18h
I touched on it slightly in the Points Gained segment of LOCKED ON JAZZ this Friday. Just to be clear, Brooklyn wins the whole thing. The offense is too good, even if they don't play defense, there is almost no way to match their offensive firepower.

It is a very sad state that you have to gameplan to offset an actor getting fake calls. How far the NBA has fallen. I much preferred gameplanning for a Laimbeer who was going to rough you up, or a Rodman who would be physical to get in your head. This fake acting ******** is a ****ing disgrace to the league and should result in full-game suspensions, not just the slap on the wrist **** they get now, let alone the fact that it actually gets the call. Any official who buys this **** and gives the flopper a call should be fined by the league and suspended for a game without pay. This **** has to stop.

Remember when they appointed a guy to be in charge of looking at this stuff and the constant whining by players as well? Whatever happened to that and the emphasis on respect for the game?

From David Locke:

Kyrie, Durant and Harden on floor offensive rtg is 126 Harden and Kyrie (no Durant) is 125 Harden and Durant (no Kyrie) is 128 Kyrie and Durant (no Harden) is 120 Kyrie without Durant or Harden is 132 Durant without Kyrie or Harden is 127 Harden without Durant or Kyrie is 116
rYWkM7co_mini.png

@DLocke09
· 18h
I touched on it slightly in the Points Gained segment of LOCKED ON JAZZ this Friday. Just to be clear, Brooklyn wins the whole thing. The offense is too good, even if they don't play defense, there is almost no way to match their offensive firepower.
K, but what about against a team that is both top-5 offensively AND defensively? A team that controls the paint, the rim, and the boards and can light it up from downtown?

Also, if they’re so amazing, why do they lose as often as they do and rarely blow anyone out?

Finally, I think Durant is the only one with playoff bona fides: Harden’s biggest criticism is he disappears in the playoffs’ biggest moments (and I can only see that becoming more pronounced with two other players on his level), and Kyrie has done exactly **** all without Lebron.

Maybe I need to watch this new Nets team, but I’m not more worried about them than I am the Lakers, and I actually think the Jazz are well-suited to match them thinking in the macro rather than matchup sense. I know that’s one of the only losses the Jazz have had this season, but bad games happen. Would really be interested to see the next game.

Call me a homer, but I don’t think most people around here would make that assessment.

K, but what about against a team that is both top-5 offensively AND defensively? A team that controls the paint, the rim, and the boards and can light it up from downtown?

Also, if they’re so amazing, why do they lose as often as they do and rarely blow anyone out?

Finally, I think Durant is the only one with playoff bona fides: Harden’s biggest criticism is he disappears in the playoffs’ biggest moments (and I can only see that becoming more pronounced with two other players on his level), and Kyrie has done exactly **** all without Lebron.

Maybe I need to watch this new Nets team, but I’m not more worried about them than I am the Lakers, and I actually think the Jazz are well-suited to match them thinking in the macro rather than matchup sense. I know that’s one of the only losses the Jazz have had this season, but bad games happen. Would really be interested to see the next game.

Call me a homer, but I don’t think most people around here would make that assessment.
I think the Jazz can beat them but the threes absolutely have to be falling. If not, we can't keep up.

They have to hit everything against a team like the Jazz.

I think they would have to play their absolute best to beat us in 7 games if Bogey and Clarkson are hitting.

IDAWTP. They’re now catching their rhythm and any drama that did exist two months ago seems in the rear view. Add in that they are 13-1 against teams above .500 and they’re a lock imo to come out of the East.

Right but my point is anything less than an NBA Championship will be viewed as a total failure.

As far as the NY media is concerned, they're the 1999 Yankees - only unlike The Yankees they've never been there before.

This is way too much pressure for three guys that have never won anything collectively. Kyrie for sure will flake out whether they win or not and it will be portrayed as Durant and Harden v. Kyrie. With Nash in the middle and zero capital as a head coach.

Right but my point is anything less than an NBA Championship will be viewed as a total failure.

As far as the NY media is concerned, they're the 1999 Yankees - only unlike The Yankees they've never been there before.

This is way too much pressure for three guys that have never won anything collectively. Kyrie for sure will flake out whether they win or not and it will be portrayed as Durant and Harden v. Kyrie. With Nash in the middle and zero capital as a head coach.
Who the **** is going to guard Clarkson or Mitchell or Conley on the nets?
Nobody that's who.
Jazz gonna target harden and Irving like crazy

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

If the Nets go to the NBA finals and lose, it’ll hardly be looked at as a failure. Do you really think Evan Roberts and other fans will feel that way? If they lose, they’ll tinker with the team and be back better next year.

Who the **** is going to guard Clarkson or Mitchell or Conley on the nets?
Nobody that's who.
Jazz gonna target harden and Irving like crazy

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Durant is the X-factor here. This will be a tough out no matter what.

So Jazz in 6.

FEAR THE HYDRA!!!!!