What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Went through some more comments

"Assault by strangulation, Brain concussion; Closed fracture of nasal bone; Contusion of rib; Multiple bruises; Strain of neck muscle"

Yikes
So he tried to kill her and they plead it down to felony assault with a no contest plea. I ****ing hate that whole thing where they can get a minor sentence for a lesser offense just because they agree to plead guilty instead of going to trial.

So he tried to kill her and they plead it down to felony assault with a no contest plea. I ****ing hate that whole thing where they can get a minor sentence for a lesser offense just because they agree to plead guilty instead of going to trial.
Agreed.

Cuz there weren’t pics and video.
Also wasn't a conviction right? (i dont think there was but cant remember)

Im not exactly sure how im supposed to think about someone who is accused of something but not convicted. I can imagine a scenario where someone wants to get rich and makes an accusation about a rich person in the hopes that they get paid off as a result of the accusation.
I have no idea what actually happened in the kobe scenario.

The bridges scenario I at least know a good portion of what happened. I still dont know what led to/provoked the assault but I do know that the assault occurred. I feel confident in saying that Bridges is a big old douchebag.

Also wasn't a conviction right? (i dont think there was but cant remember)

Im not exactly sure how im supposed to think about someone who is accused of something but not convicted. I can imagine a scenario where someone wants to get rich and makes an accusation about a rich person in the hopes that they get paid off as a result of the accusation.
I have no idea what actually happened in the kobe scenario.

The bridges scenario I at least know a good portion of what happened. I still dont know what led to/provoked the assault but I do know that the assault occurred. I feel confident in saying that Bridges is a big old douchebag.
I'd encourage you to do a little research on the subject with Kobe fish. Read what he admitted to and what conclusions were drawn then make a judgement. If the altercation happened today rather than when it did I feel certain there would have been a different outcome.

And I agree with the consensus that Bridges shouldn't be allowed back in the NBA. He should serve time and do some intensive anger management courses. I seriously doubt his wife will ever fully recover emotionally even if she does physically.

I'd encourage you to do a little research on the subject with Kobe fish. Read what he admitted to and what conclusions were drawn then make a judgement. If the altercation happened today rather than when it did I feel certain there would have been a different outcome.
Why not just post what he admitted to? Im curious. I will go to the google.

Why not just post what he admitted to? Im curious. I will go to the google.
This is what the google replied with: He admitted to having an adulterous sexual encounter with her but insisted it was consensual.

I dont know if that means he is a rapist or not. Adulterer and rapist have a wide gap between them imo. He of course could totally be lying but i have no way to know that.

RJ Barrett’s stats in his last 8 games:

27.3 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 3.5 APG, 78/153 from the field (50.1%) and 21/44 from 3 (47.7%).

The Knicks are 6-2 in this span.

He had 44/7/4 tonight and 30/5/5 the game before that. 25/39 from the field and 10/12 from 3 in his last two games.

This is the guy I get clowned on for wanting us to trade for him in the off-season and gets thrown in my face as the worst take I’ve ever made lmao.

*shrugs*

Damn. Haliburton was 10-16 from three tonight. Had 43 points and 7 assists.

Doncic had 50 points 10 assists and 8 rebounds

RJ Barrett had 44 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists

This is what the google replied with: He admitted to having an adulterous sexual encounter with her but insisted it was consensual.

I dont know if that means he is a rapist or not. Adulterer and rapist have a wide gap between them imo. He of course could totally be lying but i have no way to know that.
Sorry, I should have posted this part and the fact the case was settled out of court for an estimated 2.5 mil. I just think everyone can draw their own conclusion if they research the facts and aren't influenced by my opinion or that of others. If he truly felt innocent I believe no money would have been paid out.
From Wikipedia: "Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter."
This leads me to believe she said no and his opinion was she still wanted it. To myself or anyone without the means Kobe had, this is tried and prosecuted as rape.

I was a fan of Kobe and at the time read other articles that swing my opinion to that of this being a sexual assault at the least and probably meeting the criteria of rape.

I doubt it. The online savaging of the victim would have been next level brutal, even more brutal than it was at the time. Let's not pretend there isn't a line people can be at where they will face no real consequence.

Sorry, I should have posted this part and the fact the case was settled out of court for an estimated 2.5 mil. I just think everyone can draw their own conclusion if they research the facts and aren't influenced by my opinion or that of others. If he truly felt innocent I believe no money would have been paid out.
From Wikipedia: "Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter."
This leads me to believe she said no and his opinion was she still wanted it. To myself or anyone without the means Kobe had, this is tried and prosecuted as rape.

I was a fan of Kobe and at the time read other articles that swing my opinion to that of this being a sexual assault at the least and probably meeting the criteria of rape.
Good post. I tend to agree. (FWIW I was never a fan of kobe)