What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

I think Minnesota is going to be a play-in team. I wouldn’t be surprised if they dropped out of the play-in altogether though. They have a rough schedule coming up.
I want them out of the playoffs. Let Rudy get an early start to the summer to prepare to start fresh with Atlanta next year.

The West is a mess right now.
  • Nuggets are super solid
  • Suns might be really good with Durant, but we havent seen that yet. Their bench is sus though
  • Grizzlies are very inconsistent and have won just 6 of their last 16 games without huge health issues
  • Clippers are unimpressive unless they have an "extra gear" defensively. They did participate in the 2nd highest scoring game in the history less than a week ago and lost that game so I'm guessing not.
  • Sacramento is just as bad defensively as we are
  • I dont know what to make of the Warrios since I don't ever want to count them out, but they look bad
  • Mavs look horrible since the Kyrie trade. Badly balanced, trash defense
Others are not even worth mentioning at least in terms of teoretically contending teams. Barring some late season surge.. I think there are two real contenders right now in the West.

Can anyone else see paths for Mavs, Clippers and Warriors to catch up to the top if they get blown out of the playoffs by either? Do you think any or all of those 3 could try to get out of the tax next year and start a rebuild? Clippers are old, Mavs are assetless and have bad contracts, Warriors are old and in repeater tax already and one of their core pieces (Draymond) contract is running out.

I think Grizzlies and Sacramento are gonna build up but I think all those other teams could blow it up.

• Suns might be really good with Durant, but we havent seen that yet. Their bench is sus though
  • Grizzlies are very inconsistent and have won just 6 of their last 16 games without huge health issues
  • Clippers are unimpressive unless they have an "extra gear" defensively. They did participate in the 2nd highest scoring game in the history less than a week ago and lost that game so I'm guessing not.
  • I dont know what to make of the Warrios since I don't ever want to count them out, but they look bad
Others are not even worth mentioning at least in terms of teoretically contending teams. Barring some late season surge.. I think there are two real contenders right now in the West.

Can anyone else see paths for Mavs, Clippers and Warriors to catch up to the top if they get blown out of the playoffs by either? Do you think any or all of those 3 could try to get out of the tax next year and start a rebuild? Clippers are old, Mavs are assetless and have bad contracts, Warriors are old and in repeater tax already and one of their core pieces (Draymond) contract is running out.

I think Grizzlies and Sacramento are gonna build up but I think all those other teams could blow it up.
Yep, for the first time in a long time I think the east is much better than the west. At least at the top.

I seriously cannot see why anyone thought Kyrie and Doncic was a good match. 2 of the highest usage players in the league, both suspect on D, trying to "share" the ball and generating matador defense. Yikes.

Remember how PG13 wanted Russ because he has played his best ball with him?

Today, PG13 and Russ combined for 19 points, 6/27 from the field, 1/13 from 3, 5 rebounds, 11 assists, 0 steals/blocks, 8 personal fouls and 5 turnovers.

Remember how PG13 wanted Russ because he has played his best ball with him?

Today, PG13 and Russ combined for 19 points, 6/27 from the field, 1/13 from 3, 5 rebounds, 11 assists, 0 steals/blocks, 8 personal fouls and 5 turnovers.
Another case study of why you don't allow "stars" to dictate personnel decisions. These guys all seem to love the dysfunctional mental cases and locker room cancers like Westbrook and Irving.

Last edited:
i dunno if you could look too much into this game in particular guys were missing 3s left right and center

Also I saw something about the boys mom being a serial lawsuit filer. She has filed a lawsuit against the fire department and the school system. So this all is probably overblown

Also I saw something about the boys mom being a serial lawsuit filer. She has filed a lawsuit against the fire department and the school system. So this all is probably overblown
However it was the 3rd incident within 12 months involving Ja or his entourage... so while this particular case is likely overblown there is no way the charracter concerns arent legit.

Honestly more teenagers need to be punched
That's the honest truth... but when you run up on Paul Blart 9 deep I think its a problem.

It seems like he is on a path that will lead to some humbling... hopefully he chills a bit without having something bad that changes his attitude a bit. We all thought we were a little invincible when we were that age... can't imagine what it would be like to be a star with a **** ton of money on top of it.

That's the honest truth... but when you run up on Paul Blart 9 deep I think its a problem.

It seems like he is on a path that will lead to some humbling... hopefully he chills a bit without having something bad that changes his attitude a bit. We all thought we were a little invincible when we were that age... can't imagine what it would be like to be a star with a **** ton of money on top of it.
And apparently dreams of being a gangster to boot.