What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Does anyone know Embiids preferred destination if he were to leave Philly?

Not that we would be after him, but it would be a huge deal that we could piggyback to get someone who is otherwise unavailable.

The NBA needs to stop this leverage that players have. It looks bad for the league. These pretty boys need to understand if you hold a team hostage than you should be penalized for it. Fans pay to watch you play a “game”. And you show the younger generation that all they have to do is whine to get their way. As a sports fan I’m sick of seeing it. Tired of the “world owes me” mentality. When Harden has 3 rings we’ll talk. Til then, shut up and be grateful for what you have. You ungrateful *************.

The NBA needs to stop this leverage that players have. It looks bad for the league. These pretty boys need to understand if you hold a team hostage than you should be penalized for it. Fans pay to watch you play a “game”. And you show the younger generation that all they have to do is whine to get their way. As a sports fan I’m sick of seeing it. Tired of the “world owes me” mentality. When Harden has 3 rings we’ll talk. Til then, shut up and be grateful for what you have. You ungrateful *************.
I can appreciate that, as a multimillionaire, Harden does not generate sympathy. I have even less sympathy for the multi-billionaire owners who make money off of players like Harden.

I can appreciate that, as a multimillionaire, Harden does not generate sympathy. I have even less sympathy for the multi-billionaire owners who make money off of players like Harden.
However its not about the owners. If the players dictating destinations becomes too common then there is little hope for the small market teams who will never be those preferred destinations and cant even trade the stars they homegrow to the highest bidder.

I think it's not so much about the owners as about the fans. The league will only be healthy as long as the fans don't get fed up and quit watching/buying. Teams being held hostage by players is not really good for fan interest.

However its not about the owners. If the players dictating destinations becomes too common then there is little hope for the small market teams who will never be those preferred destinations and cant even trade the stars they homegrow to the highest bidder.
I think it's not so much about the owners as about the fans. The league will only be healthy as long as the fans don't get fed up and quit watching/buying. Teams being held hostage by players is not really good for fan interest.
Players have been forcing their way to preferred destinations since the 1970s, and the fan-ship has only increased.

Players have been forcing their way to preferred destinations since the 1970s, and the fan-ship has only increased.
Maybe, but look over at the NFL, which has parity and small market engagement. The NBA will never have that type of SWAG.

Dont know if you quoted me by mistake. I wasnt talking about fans but parity.
In the NBA, parity is only good to the level it increases the fanbase, making more money.

Maybe, but look over at the NFL, which has parity and small market engagement. The NBA will never have that type of SWAG.
What are some features in the NFL that could transfer over to the NBA to prevent stars from demanding trades?

In the NBA, parity is only good to the level it increases the fanbase, making more money.

What are some features in the NFL that could transfer over to the NBA to prevent stars from demanding trades?
The franchise player designation and a hard cap are things that make the NFL fan experience better. Not sure either of those things are going to fly in the NBA. Although the new CBA comes a little closer to the hard cap on theory.

What will make the "fan experience" better is just less teams actively trying to be ******. I completely disagree with neutering the top as making the league better.

What if fan-ship would have increased even more without the forcing by the players doe? Maybe the increase in fan ship wasn't because players force their way off of teams they are under contract with.