What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Just loading this here before Cy continues to dig in:

3053557C-09C8-4749-BECA-62321729CAA7.png

I didnt say they havent done some sort of analysis, I said they haven't done an in-depth comprehensive analysis because they have not yet seriously considered shortening the season.

ANd yes, you are naive if you think NBA owners are truly opening the books. As a CPA you should know there are work arounds and ways to flub numbers.
They don't have to do a super deep analysis because sometimes the answers are fairly obvious on the surface. They got to the part where less games would mean less short term money and said "nah bruh lets look at something else".

The NBA is required to split money with the players related to basketball related income each year. So an audit is done. When you "flub" numbers in an audit and use work arounds that is called fraud. If the auditors don't do their job to attempt to discover fraud it can end their firm/careers. I've looked at more financial statements today than you have ever looked at in your life. Here is a set of crayons to go color with... you'll notice I am giving you the fat crayons that you can grip with your whole hand... when you are a big boy you can get the skinny ones the other kids play with.

Yes, I asked if you were a doctor. That's how I found out you were a doctor. Congratulations.
Correct, and though the implication is that this is petty, it was you who invoked my name on the following premises:

658AD689-B32E-444E-803E-693E0BD5CEA0.jpeg

1. That I said Chris Bosh’s “injury” was “NBD.”

2. That he would play in the NBA again.

3. “Trust me I’m a doctor bro.”

For those unfamiliar with the situation, I feel it appropriate to point out that each of these were clearly false.

Correct, and though the implication is that this is petty, it was you who invoked my name on the following premises:

View attachment 15077

1. That I said Chris Bosh’s “injury” was “NBD.”

2. That he would play in the NBA again.

3. “Trust me I’m a doctor bro.”

For those unfamiliar with the situation, I feel it appropriate to point out that each of these were clearly false.
I should have been more clear, neither of you explicitly said "Trust me I'm XXXX bro" but that was the basic overview of both your points.

I should have been more clear, neither of you explicitly said "Trust me I'm XXXX bro" but that was the basic overview of both your points.
People with inside experience are attempting to shed light on how certain processes work that are relevant to the topic of discussion. I know you love the analogies, so I’d say it would be like someone posting here with a law degree and a good knowledge of the CBA. You come along suggesting we sign and trade a guy who isn’t our free agent and get into an argument with said lawyer. He tells you that’s not how the CBA works, you resist, eventually he mentions he’s a lawyer and that you’re missing some important pieces of CBA, something that he’s got good familiarity with both in reading but in understanding legalese. It’s a bad analogy because one certainly doesn’t need a law degree to understand that part of the CBA, but you get the point (or don’t).

And that honestly wasn’t what you took away from our discussion 6+ years ago, as you were asking the question of me rhetorically, implying that unless I was a doctor, I couldn’t know what I was talking about. It just wasn’t on your radar that I’d answer in the affirmative after you’d spent the day arguing with me about the basketball implications of particular medical issues.

And that honestly wasn’t what you took away from our discussion 6+ years ago, as you were asking the question of me rhetorically, implying that unless I was a doctor, I couldn’t know what I was talking about. It just wasn’t on your radar that I’d answer in the affirmative after you’d spent the day arguing with me about the basketball implications of particular medical issues.
I will have to review but I do not believe that was the case. I just know I was right.

Zach Wilson got his **** tossed today

Its the jets way. Doesnt matter who they put in at qb. They have tried many qb’s over the last three years, including multiple hall of famers and superbowl winners, and all of em get they *** kicked.

The jets running backs combined for 28 rushing yards yesterday.
Zach Wilson had 36 rushing yards lol. The jets are a **** show of a franchise

Its the jets way. Doesnt matter who they put in at qb. They have tried many qb’s over the last three years, including multiple hall of famers and superbowl winners, and all of em get they *** kicked.

The jets running backs combined for 28 rushing yards yesterday.
Zach Wilson had 36 rushing yards lol. The jets are a **** show of a franchise
I never believed in Zach but when the Jets drafted him I was like "Bust confirmed". The only real defense he faced in college was that USF team and he had happy feet and his timing was all bad.

But the Jets are cursed... the A-Rod injury was just so on the nose.

I don't claim to be a QB whisperer, but it's comical how Zach Wilson's final year + some clips on an empty field made him the #2 pick. That schedule was he worst of the worst, and when they did actually play a decent team the lost and Wilson looked lost. I thought Jaren Hall was a more impressive QB tbh.

I never believed in Zach but when the Jets drafted him I was like "Bust confirmed". The only real defense he faced in college was that USF team and he had happy feet and his timing was all bad.

But the Jets are cursed... the A-Rod injury was just so on the nose.
I dont follow football much at all, and I've never really followed the NFL draft, but I'm still amazed by how many QB bust get drafted extremely early.

I dont follow football much at all, and I've never really followed the NFL draft, but I'm still amazed by how many QB bust get drafted extremely early.
Yeah I think teams with a need kinda force fetch to happen. If I was an NFL GM I'd probably always take a qb in the middle late rounds even when I have one.... its just such an important position and you can have awesome QB finds late in the draft.

If there is a stud QB at the top of the draft you take em of course... but Wilson always seemed like a such a meh qb. I never got it with him.

Did this morph into the non-Jazz NFL Thread?

Back