What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Maybe it's just my biased hot take but I wouldn't be surprised if Keyonte is the better player in a few years.

A 6'5" guy who can drill 28-ft 3s off the bounce is very valuable in this league. Plus, he's got some speed since he lost weight last summer. He was a nice pick.

So I've got around to watching most of the games. Here are my quick overreactions from around the league:

WAS - This team is ***. They will potentially outshoot/score some teams here and here, but they are a mess defensively. Tyus is a big trade candidate.

IND - WAS if they did not suck. Deep rotation, they'll win a decent amount of games.

NYK - Quickley is still a god, we have to get him. NYK is a good, deep team. Randle just isn't as good as he needs to be.

BOS - Contenders

ORL - Lots of youth and depth. They will be a fun, competitive young team.

HOU - No structure to the way they play. Weird mix of vets/young guys. Honestly, they are kinda like UTA but with worse structure/coaching.

MIN - They'll be fine, but same issues still persist

TOR - OG locked Ant up. I've been a little low on him, but that performance validated the 72 1RP trade package TOR is asking for

NOP - Zion looks extra big this year, but he's still incredible whenever he's playing. NOP will go as far as his health is.

MEM - Beginning of the season without Ja could be rough, but honestly I think they just had an off game

DAL - Luka = incredible, Lively = incredible

SAS - Could be a feisty team. Their big lineup is kind of a mess with Sochan running things, but they have enough talent to wins some games

POR - complete ***

LAC - WB looked amazing, and I think this is a good team for him

So I've got around to watching most of the games. Here are my quick overreactions from around the league:

WAS - This team is ***. They will potentially outshoot/score some teams here and here, but they are a mess defensively. Tyus is a big trade candidate.

IND - WAS if they did not suck. Deep rotation, they'll win a decent amount of games.

NYK - Quickley is still a god, we have to get him. NYK is a good, deep team. Randle just isn't as good as he needs to be.

BOS - Contenders

ORL - Lots of youth and depth. They will be a fun, competitive young team.

HOU - No structure to the way they play. Weird mix of vets/young guys. Honestly, they are kinda like UTA but with worse structure/coaching.

MIN - They'll be fine, but same issues still persist

TOR - OG locked Ant up. I've been a little low on him, but that performance validated the 72 1RP trade package TOR is asking for

NOP - Zion looks extra big this year, but he's still incredible whenever he's playing. NOP will go as far as his health is.

MEM - Beginning of the season without Ja could be rough, but honestly I think they just had an off game

DAL - Luka = incredible, Lively = incredible

SAS - Could be a feisty team. Their big lineup is kind of a mess with Sochan running things, but they have enough talent to wins some games

POR - complete ***

LAC - WB looked amazing, and I think this is a good team for him
Go get Tyus. He’s a young vet…it makes sense. also still eyeballing Brogdon.

Watched a bit of Indy and Was. Bilal blocked Tyrese but was mostly doing Tony Snell cardio on offense. I wonder if he has a funny inner voice that can talk with him and keep him company while Kuzma and Poole chuck shots up. If not it may get lonely in the corner… like me in right field during little league. Not a knock on him just an observation.

Watched some Houston and Orlando… Suggs is kinda interesting until he shoots a basketball. He does a lot of good stuff but man his misses were bad when I watched. That Houston defense was trashy trash.

Go get Tyus. He’s a young vet…it makes sense. also still eyeballing Brogdon.

Watched a bit of Indy and Was. Bilal blocked Tyrese but was mostly doing Tony Snell cardio on offense. I wonder if he has a funny inner voice that can talk with him and keep him company while Kuzma and Poole chuck shots up. If not it may get lonely in the corner… like me in right field during little league. Not a knock on him just an observation.

Watched some Houston and Orlando… Suggs is kinda interesting until he shoots a basketball. He does a lot of good stuff but man his misses were bad when I watched. That Houston defense was trashy trash.

Truth is Bilal probably isn't good enough to do much on offense right now, but WAS ain't winning much anyways so he should just let loose. He doesn't feel comfortable putting the ball on the floor, but it's still his best offense and better than standing around in the corner. Problem is that even when Poole/Kuzma is off the court, the Wizards got a lot of scrubs who want to dribble and shoot it every time. I caught the garbage time minutes and Butler + Rollins got more offensive reps in one minute than Bilal in 23 minutes. It was a frustrating game to watch as a Bilal fan but he did get 3 extendo arm blocks. He's got an arrogance about him on defense. In the preseason he would lock up good players like Pascal and Brunson and talk some ****. He's got none of that attitude on offense unfortunately.

ORL has got a log jam at PG. I think Fultz is probably the guy they move on from as he's expiring. I find him very interesting. He's a much more in control version of THT and his middy is actually quite good. You'd obviously love if he still had range from deep, but the Jazz offense crying for a guy who can hit any kind of jumper out of PnR.

Also, maybe Micic got beat by Cason Wallace because the NBA transition was too hard, but what if he just got beat out because Cason is good? Maybe we can use him.

Also, maybe Micic got beat by Cason Wallace because the NBA transition was too hard, but what if he just got beat out because Cason is good? Maybe we can use him.
Kentucky guards man… they stay winning

Harden is amazing… he gonna get paid to sit at home and Philly gonna get fined for his absence… watch. Then he will get where he wants to go (FA next year won’t go well though).