What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

****ing Mavericks choked that one away.

On the flip side, the Lakers went to OT with a Lukaless Mavs.
Yes but now I get to listen to everyone at work regale us of the super-human exploits of AD and the King. How they overcame impossible odds proving yet again they are the Chosen Ones and that it is only a matter of time before Silver just stops the season and, whilst kissing LBJ tenderly on the butthole, places many rings on the fingers of the Knights of the Staples Center for saving the realm yet again. The pricks.

Yes but now I get to listen to everyone at work regale us of the super-human exploits of AD and the King. How they overcame impossible odds proving yet again they are the Chosen Ones and that it is only a matter of time before Silver just stops the season and, whilst kissing LBJ tenderly on the butthole, places many rings on the fingers of the Knights of the Staples Center for saving the realm yet again. The pricks.
Man, you work with some idiots. All the Lakers fans I know have been pretty damn quiet for a while. I’ve heard it gets worse as you drive East, though. Take care of yourself

Man, you work with some idiots. All the Lakers fans I know have been pretty damn quiet for a while. I’ve heard it gets worse as you drive East, though. Take care of yourself
Yeah I am obviously hyperbolating (is that a word? hyperbolizing? eh), but there are like 2 guys here that are the most clueless NBA "fans" I have ever met. These are some of the guys I have mentioned before going on and on about how the league only wants star players in LA because it is the most important franchise in league history and if the league doesn't take care of them it will all fall apart like a giant house of cards and so since the Lakers built the league it is their divine right blah blah blah. Most of the Lakers fans here have fallen pretty silent. As I mentioned before, one person even took down their LA gear from their office. Of course this is a sure sign of a bandwagoner, but still. For the most part it has been a fun season because of all the crow the Lakers fans have been force-fed. And I still love baiting those couple of guys into rants. Those rants are often as beautiful as they are insufferable.

Last edited:
In battle of Jazz alums NWG and his team bested DedEx and his team. Both played about 12 minutes and both had a couple of boards with NWG scoring 10 points to Ded Ex's 2.

So the odds are fairly high that the NBA is going to get paused at some point with all the covid cases?
I’d say it’s more likely the alter policy. Not necessarily COVID-specific policy (though that could change), but other personnel stuff.

So the odds are fairly high that the NBA is going to get paused at some point with all the covid cases?

I’d say it’s more likely the alter policy. Not necessarily COVID-specific policy (though that could change), but other personnel stuff.
I think they try to pause after the holidays. Think I said it like a week ago. The cases are out of control... I'm shocked we haven't had any yet (knock on wood).

Between vax rates and immunity they should all be teflon against the virus soon right?

They will not cancel before Christmas... its a huge day for them.

the odds of a pause before their money-making xmas schedule is basically zero, imo. The maths change after that, though

go refresh twitter today and another guy enters the protocols... its gonna get weird.

Deuce McBride and Josh Christopher look great… lots of good defensive oriented guards around where we were drafting… I love JB still but Ayo and Mcbride may be guys we regret not taking given our current issues. We would have had to stay at 30 to pick them.