What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Some per36 stats.

PtssplitAstRebStlBlkTOPF
22.640/32/897.23.80.80.24.63.0
22.543/32/767.46.20.80.74.62.7

First row is 22.2 year old Cade Cunningham in first 17 games of this season with a 2-15 record.

Second row was 22.5 year old THT post ASB last year with 7-12 record.

Some per36 stats.

PtssplitAstRebStlBlkTOPF
22.640/32/897.23.80.80.24.63.0
22.543/32/767.46.20.80.74.62.7

First row is 22.2 year old Cade Cunningham in first 17 games of this season with a 2-15 record.

Second row was 22.5 year old THT post ASB last year with 7-12 record.
Its not pretty but the context is really important. THT was a looter in a riot during the meaningless part of the season. THT was also a 10 year vet at the age of 22 so experience and age matter.

If Detroit was ready to abandon ship on Cade I'd be all in on going to get him.

He's bad but man while I like some of the parts they have put together they don't seem to fit at all. When the best shooter in your starting lineup is the center pretending to be a PF you are in trouble. Team is 30th in 3 pa and 25th in percentage. If there is one thing that will neuter a guy like Cade its going to be to have atrocious shooting around him.

I also don't think Monty is some amazing coach and the starting lineups and players he's been given will make that potentially much worse. Giving an old school guy a bunch of "bruisers" seems like enabling a bit. Every addition they make should be with Ausar, Cade, Duren in mind and they should acquire guys that can shoot, shooters, and mix in some shooting. Playing AB more may help, getting Bogey back (if he's ready to be old Bogey) will be helpful... but they really need to consider trading in some of their big for vets that can shoot or just moving 1 of their core guys.

This stuff definitely matters, but I guess my problem with Cade is that I’m not exactly seeing the tools. He isn’t able to beat guys off the dribble, he’s not athletic or explosive, it doesn’t seem like he can shoot, his passing vision is bad, he makes terrible mental mistakes, doesn’t even pretend to try to play defense etc. I’m sure he will get better and he’d look better elsewhere, but what exactly is he good at?

Maybe I’m being too harsh. Apparently he looked great with team USA when surrounded by actual players. Like I said, I was actually feeling really optimistic about this DET group early on. But he’s looked dreadful every time I tune into DET and his overall numbers really bad.

I think he might have to go through Wiggins did to become an effective player. Don’t see the light at the end of the tunnel for this lead ball handler experiment.

Giddey is getting booed every time he touches the ball.

Mind you, I'd boo a Jazz player for something like this, let alone an away one.

I’m glad I got the Timothe Horton Tucker take out there before the allegations. He’s just not that good.

I mean, Cuban just made 3.5 billion and still gets to keep his dream job. IDK how much of a thing it is. Probably just Cuban selling high so he can invest in other rich people things.
It’s just kind of weird but obviously no specifics. Why would the value go down… if he’s selling high? He may just want to free up some capital to do some rich guy ****. Maybe his shark tank investments have been bad lol.

It’s just kind of weird but obviously no specifics. Why would the value go down… if he’s selling high? He may just want to free up some capital to do some rich guy ****. Maybe his shark tank investments have been bad lol.
Im guessing a specific is that they cant fire him because I cant imagine buying a team and wanting to keep Cuban as head of basketball operations.

Im guessing a specific is that they cant fire him because I cant imagine buying a team and wanting to keep Cuban as head of basketball operations.
I think I’ll have to read up on it when some details come out. I think he has to keep enough voting shares to ensure he is protected because with all the **** that went on with that org they could end up digging up some dirt to use as justification to terminate an employee type agreement. I’m sure he’s protected his interest obviously.

Zach LaVine with 2 points in 25 minutes in a blowout loss to Celtics.

Getting real ugly in Chicago... I mean they have to be thinking about just sending the dude home until he's traded (which might take a while, he has a terrible market).

Last edited: