What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Levron James being this good at 38 is insane to me I know we hate the lakers but Ibj was my favorite player growing up and it would be cool to see him win this game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's kind of got that BDE(Big Douche Energy) but you gotta respect his work ethic. The dude is going to hate retiring from the game as much as anyone ever has. They could probably have retirement parades for him in Cleveland, Miami and LA and people would turn out. Coming out of high school you might have thought it would be tough to live up to his hype but he's exceeded even the highest expectations. They talked about his son's health scare changing his outlook to where he now cherishes every day more.

Austin Reaves has 20 points in 12 minutes. He's an interesting story, unheralded out of high school and spent 5 years at Wichita State and Oklahoma. He declined being chosen 42nd by the Pistons and instead sign a two-way contract with the Lakers in the summer of 2021 then signed a four-year $54 million contract in summer 2023.

Last edited:
Not looking good for the Pacers. Anthony Davis certainly looks like winning this matters.

Does this mean lebrons the goat now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's just more greatness and unprecedented play from a man that age.
Doesn't always have to be about the goat. LeBron is amazing. So was Jordan. So was magic, Hakeem, bird, so is Steph, Gianni's, jokic.

Just enjoy watching one of the best to do it

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I've been calling Myles Turner soft but lately I've seen some games where he has turned up his physicality a bit. Then I watch the IST Final and AD just sonned him as bad as I've ever seen anyone get sonned, and I was like "Nope, still soft".

I really hope Kessler learns to be more physical and assertive in the paint, especially on offense. Be the bully, not the one being bullied.

Zion gets called out for being out of shape by his old personal trainer and Shaq after losing in the tournament and goes out angry and gets 36 tonight on 13-17 shooting with 10-12 FT in a big win over Minny.

Last edited:
Zion gets called out for being out of shape by his old personal trainer and Shaq after losing in the tournament and goes out angry and gets 36 tonight on 13-17 shooting with 10-12 FT in a big win over Minny.
This was one of the worst game i have seen from Refs..... 40 FT to 20, putting fouls on KAT And Rudy very early in the game which limit them a lot. But i admit Zion look in better hsape tonight and play well.

Is it me or i have the felling that some teams start tanking really in the season? Seems that the course to be bad will be tough this year. At least SA play will all his guys. But they are terrible. Never seen a team playing so bad even with Wemby. If they count only on guys improving, it will be long before they become a centender. They have to buy at least 2 confirmed players if they want to be good in then next 2 or 3 years.

Please tell me why many teams are guarding Zion on the perimeter like he's Steph Curry? He's taken two 3pt shots in his last five games and made none. He's the ultimate non-shooting ballhandler.

It makes no sense. I'm not saying it's easy to stop Zion in any case, but please for the love of God... just sag off him when he catches it on the arc, sit on his left hand and see what happens. We all know he will go right for a couple of dribbles and then try a hard pivot back to his strong side so he can float up a lefty layup.

You're telling me that's too hard for an NBA team defense to anticipate?

Incidentally, this is exactly how LeBron destroyed Zion recently:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty7A9pTTEp4

Last edited:
Please tell me why many teams are guarding Zion on the perimeter like he's Steph Curry? He's taken two 3pt shots in his last five games and made none. He's the ultimate non-shooting ballhandler.

It makes no sense. I'm not saying it's easy to stop Zion in any case, but please for the love of God... just sag off him when he catches it on the arc, sit on his left hand and see what happens. We all know he will go right for a couple of dribbles and then try a hard pivot back to his strong side so he can float up a lefty layup.

You're telling me that's too hard for an NBA team defense to anticipate?

Incidentally, this is exactly how LeBron destroyed Zion recently:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty7A9pTTEp4

Because if you let Zion dribble uncontested into the paint it's an and 1 waiting to happen.