What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

I like how Dray acts like he isn’t just trying to throw a punch. Really tried to disguise it. Total clown.

Tanking is the thing that fans are the most delirious about. Whenever a team loses a lot of games they are all of a sudden tanking. Like the fans go back in time and retrospectively make pretend that there were tanking decissions made on the 3-2 Spurs and 2-1 Pistons.

Wemby had too much marketing value and hype that any sane FO would ever call a tank in his rookie year. I mean SA fans will stay interested, but you can already see the national Wemby watch is slowly dying and they are putting a trash product to national TV. However they arent pulling all the stops to win as they arent playing their best lineups out there either. They want to either "win with the right guys" or then just lose to get access to better spare parts.

Detroit is even more sad since they are actually trying to find/play their best lineups. They just dont have enough good basketball players. They have a total lack of efficient high volume scorers. They are like we are: bad shooting turnover prone team with too many low IQ ballhandlers, except they are even worse in shooting than we are and are absolute hot trash in clutch situations (worst case of team yips ever). I mean get this: Detroits net rating in clutch minutes is -66.

Podz won the closing lineup gig in a close game vs the Suns over Klay and Wiggins, and when Kerr was asked about it he simply said "He was playing better than those guys".

Podz rewarded Kerr with 8 points on 4/7 shooting in the 4th along with 6 rebounds (no one else in the Warrios had more than 5 points or 2 rebounds)
Finished the game with 20 points on 9/14 shooting (2/4 from 3), 11 rebounds and 5 assists

The kid is a baller, and is getting more and more trust from Kerr.

Tanking is the thing that fans are the most delirious about. Whenever a team loses a lot of games they are all of a sudden tanking. Like the fans go back in time and retrospectively make pretend that there were tanking decissions made on the 3-2 Spurs and 2-1 Pistons.

Wemby had too much marketing value and hype that any sane FO would ever call a tank in his rookie year. I mean SA fans will stay interested, but you can already see the national Wemby watch is slowly dying and they are putting a trash product to national TV. However they arent pulling all the stops to win as they arent playing their best lineups out there either. They want to either "win with the right guys" or then just lose to get access to better spare parts.

Detroit is even more sad since they are actually trying to find/play their best lineups. They just dont have enough good basketball players. They have a total lack of efficient high volume scorers. They are like we are: bad shooting turnover prone team with too many low IQ ballhandlers, except they are even worse in shooting than we are and are absolute hot trash in clutch situations (worst case of team yips ever). I mean get this: Detroits net rating in clutch minutes is -66.
Eh, they can not be tanking and then decide to tank some games later.

I hear Detroit isn't playing bogey. Kinda tanky

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I'm happy for Exum. Seems like a nice guy and he's really had quite a journey looking for a place he fits. All the talent on Dallas takes the pressure off him and he can play loose.
I'm also very glad for Exum, he has been unlucky in Jazz times.
He blossomed thanks to Zeljo Obradovic when he played with Partizan.
Luka passing him the ball when he is open, it synonymous with trust.

Last edited:

Detroit just sucks but when teams choose not to use cap space to functionally improve their teams that is an element of tanking. SA has done that the past couple years. When teams decide to employ strategies that will make them worse on court in the name of development… that is tanking. It’s not like the teams throw out the Benny Hill music and then go out there and intentionally lose games. It’s more subtle than that.

Eh, they can not be tanking and then decide to tank some games later.

I hear Detroit isn't playing bogey. Kinda tanky

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Bogey was injured and missed the first 18 or so games, but has played 30.5 minutes per game since returning and has a -10.0 average BPM.

They are also getting him the ball almost as much as they did last season and he is shooting it well.... just that the team is so bad it just doesnt matter.

Detroit just sucks but when teams choose not to use cap space to functionally improve their teams that is an element of tanking. SA has done that the past couple years. When teams decide to employ strategies that will make them worse on court in the name of development… that is tanking. It’s not like the teams throw out the Benny Hill music and then go out there and intentionally lose games. It’s more subtle than that.
It’s like barely after 5:30 where you are. Why are you awake?