What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Yeah that’s gonna be fascinating to see what they do. More pressure to win big asap
They found another partner... but just thinking about carrying interest on the purchase on top of the luxury tax bill they are lined up for... the KAT trade is coming this summer.

Yeah that’s gonna be fascinating to see what they do. More pressure to win big asap

They found another partner... but just thinking about carrying interest on the purchase on top of the luxury tax bill they are lined up for... the KAT trade is coming this summer.
$30M+ over the tax just by filling out the roster with minimums... so they lose Morris, Andersen for sure. If they don't move KAT its likely Naz that gets moved... either way they will have some depth issues potentially. Ant may level up and if he's healthy it may not matter all that much.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...nt-For-Marc-Lore-Alex-Rodriguez-To-Buy-Wolves

I’m telling yall… gonna be some problems making the budget work in Minny next year.
And they are not the only team. There are quite a few teams that are pretty much all-in, hoping to win the championship. But it's always the same thing. Not all these teams can win it, and because they have no resources/assets to improve, there will be big shakeups and star players will become available for trades. Danny is ready for this. Our young guys will develop. Give it 3-4 years, or sooner (maybe 2 years if we get lucky), and we should be a contender.

Last edited:
And they are not the only team. There are quite a few teams that are pretty much all-in, hoping to win the championship. But it's always the same thing. Not all these teams can win it, and because they have no resources/assets to improve, there will be big shakeups and star players will become available for trades. Danny is ready for this. Our young guys will develop. Give it 3-4 years, or sooner (maybe 2 years if we get lucky), and we should be a contender.
Could be the scenario. Hope it happen. For Minny, despite some budget issues, they are still in better position for the coming years than us for simple reasons :
- They got ANT who will be a top 5 player without doubt. We don't have this quality of player and it almost impossible to get through trade for a small market.
- If they wanna save some money , they can trade KAT and run with Rudy and Naz.
- They have plenty of youngs players MAc Daniel, NAW better than us at that stage.

If Kat or Naz become available, they could be good target for our team.

$30M+ over the tax just by filling out the roster with minimums... so they lose Morris, Andersen for sure. If they don't move KAT its likely Naz that gets moved... either way they will have some depth issues potentially. Ant may level up and if he's healthy it may not matter all that much.

This is why I thought Naz signing was a mistake, as good as he is. Too much $ tied up in bigs. Unless they are willing to pay a zillion in tax, either Naz or KAT must go. Unless their strategy was to sign Naz to a tradeable asset and then parlay him into picks and/or guards, which could turn out okay. As we are rooting for good draft picks, let's hope the ceiling collapses.

How many teams in the west are going into full panic mode if they don't escape the first round? Minny, Pelicans, Mavs, Clippers, Suns?

IF OKC or Denver crap out they probably keep things together. The nuggets because they just got a chip and OKC because of their trajectory.

Kings, Lakers, Warriors?

How many teams in the west are going into full panic mode if they don't escape the first round? Minny, Pelicans, Mavs, Clippers, Suns?

IF OKC or Denver crap out they probably keep things together. The nuggets because they just got a chip and OKC because of their trajectory.

Kings, Lakers, Warriors?
Right. And more teams in the East. Wait year or two and there will be shakeups.

This is why I thought Naz signing was a mistake, as good as he is. Too much $ tied up in bigs. Unless they are willing to pay a zillion in tax, either Naz or KAT must go. Unless their strategy was to sign Naz to a tradeable asset and then parlay him into picks and/or guards, which could turn out okay. As we are rooting for good draft picks, let's hope the ceiling collapses.
I'm pretty convinved they will move KAT if they don't make at least WCF final this year. It will be easy for them to find suitor for KAT and they will remain a very good team with ANT. KAT start getting old, miss near all season last year he is a good player but will not make you win a title. He is a good number 2 in most of NBA team. Maybe Jazz could go for him. But i;'m not sure he will work that well with Lauri and Walter.

Kings, Lakers, Warriors?
This is true, and even more so, if OKC and Denver specifically go deep, how much will that increase the panic of those others?

Been saying all year that there are too many teams who think they contend. Reality will catch up to some of them soon enough.

The Naz signing was a total steal and a brilliant move. He definitely a highly attractive asset at his number. The ceiling in Minny is definitely not to going to collapse as long as Ant is healthy. He is a true star in this league and will to continue to get better.

This is true, and even more so, if OKC and Denver specifically go deep, how much will that increase the panic of those others?

Been saying all year that there are too many teams who think they contend. Reality will catch up to some of them soon enough.
The biggest thing is that the next waive of contenders are already primed and ready to go in the west. Houston is primed to take that OKC type leap next year and the griz will likely be right back to the top tier of the west next year with a far more talented team than they had last year. I'm not sure what route the spurs go but if they end up getting 2 lotto picks this year they may go heavy on win now role players in the offseason to solidify the roster and improve quickly. Give them a little depth and they could improve real quick with Wemby being so damn dominant.

The Naz signing was a total steal and a brilliant move. He definitely a highly attractive asset at his number. The ceiling in Minny is definitely not to going to collapse as long as Ant is healthy. He is a true star in this league and will to continue to get better.
It’s a good take, but how many teams are successful long term with $90 million/ year tied up in “centers”

It forces their hand

I agree that ant sets a decent floor but I’m more concerned about their ceiling. Not sure they are a title team without peak/ healthy KAT as a big who can stretch the floor.

The biggest thing is that the next waive of contenders are already primed and ready to go in the west. Houston is primed to take that OKC type leap next year and the griz will likely be right back to the top tier of the west next year with a far more talented team than they had last year. I'm not sure what route the spurs go but if they end up getting 2 lotto picks this year they may go heavy on win now role players in the offseason to solidify the roster and improve quickly. Give them a little depth and they could improve real quick with Wemby being so damn dominant.
Houston isn’t near the OKC leap imo. I agree with the premise of your post though. We might not need to tank next year with how tough the west will be. We might be bottom 7-8 in the league naturally.

I find funny how some people think Minny will have problem when they got ANT, to build around who will be MVP one ay or another when we got Lauri at best a second star option. Minny will be good for 2 or 3 years when we probably still suck. Good enough to win a title, i would say no right now, But ANT got no limit so....

I find funny how some people think Minny will have problem when they got ANT, to build around who will be MVP one ay or another when we got Lauri at best a second star option. Minny will be good for 2 or 3 years when we probably still suck. Good enough to win a title, i would say no right now, But ANT got no limit so....

No one is arguing minny is not going to be good or that they will not be better than the Jazz, so this is a straw man argument.

No one is arguing minny is not going to be good or that they will not be better than the Jazz, so this is a straw man argument.
I refer to old comments following Rudy trade and then Mike trade. Rudy was declining ( Kessler was already better for some people), Mike was too old....they were going to collapse and our pick will turn into gold. Definity not happening even if i think they cannot win a championship with this roster except if KAT surprised everybody at PO time. He never shine at PO but who know, it can change. And their defense is terrific.

On the other side, i was wrong about Cavs. I tought they could not make it. I follow quite a lot of their games and they are really good. Worst of that, Don is as good as he was with us in offense but is also playing great defense. Probably a better environment for him there to put defensive effort but definitly frustrating for me. Don talent should have make us much better than what we got.
Anyway we can't change the past. Hope Jazz turn into a decent team soon.