What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

I refer to old comments following Rudy trade and then Mike trade. Rudy was declining ( Kessler was already better for some people), Mike was too old....they were going to collapse and our pick will turn into gold. Definity not happening even if i think they cannot win a championship with this roster except if KAT surprised everybody at PO time. He never shine at PO but who know, it can change. And their defense is terrific.

On the other side, i was wrong about Cavs. I tought they could not make it. I follow quite a lot of their games and they are really good. Worst of that, Don is as good as he was with us in offense but is also playing great defense. Probably a better environment for him there to put defensive effort but definitly frustrating for me. Don talent should have make us much better than what we got.
Anyway we can't change the past. Hope Jazz turn into a decent team soon.
Things change quickly in the NBA. Who knows what happens even next year. If your whole premise is one player is the reason... good luck. He could demand a trade, get injured, retire for some silly reason, or get arrested. But if not he's a great player to build around.

Things change quickly in the NBA. Who knows what happens even next year. If your whole premise is one player is the reason... good luck. He could demand a trade, get injured, retire for some silly reason, or get arrested. But if not he's a great player to build around.
I totally agree with you. Things can change fast. I follow the Grizz during all Mike time there and was convinced when they draft Ja that they will win a championship in the 5 coming years as were almost all followers....we all know how it went....

Houston isn’t near the OKC leap imo. I agree with the premise of your post though. We might not need to tank next year with how tough the west will be. We might be bottom 7-8 in the league naturally.
I don't think they will make a leap to the very top of the west but damn they look like trouble with Jalen Green seeming to have turned a corner. He was looking more like a Clarkson type of ceiling guy but now I'm thinking more Bradley Beal. As far as us being bottom 8 next year I would be very surprised if that was not the case at this point.

I refer to old comments following Rudy trade and then Mike trade. Rudy was declining ( Kessler was already better for some people), Mike was too old....they were going to collapse and our pick will turn into gold. Definity not happening even if i think they cannot win a championship with this roster except if KAT surprised everybody at PO time. He never shine at PO but who know, it can change. And their defense is terrific.

On the other side, i was wrong about Cavs. I tought they could not make it. I follow quite a lot of their games and they are really good. Worst of that, Don is as good as he was with us in offense but is also playing great defense. Probably a better environment for him there to put defensive effort but definitly frustrating for me. Don talent should have make us much better than what we got.
So posts before Ant leveled up?
I bet people feel differently now

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Question: What kind of tanking did Denver do to get in their position? What was Minnesota's path? What was Houston's?

Denver got a 2nd pick as their top player and was more of a hybrid. Minny was bad but also did a big-time trade for Rudy and another for Conley so it was not pure tank. Houston is a pure tank but are they really a great team? I think pure tank doesn't always work, but a hybrid one or one that works with the best qualities of the market you have is the best approach. Danny and Justin are good value finders in trades and drafts. The development program is good too. That the Jazz strength keep using it. And treat tanking like one of the options but not the primary one.

I picked minny to win the west this year, fyi

Quin's leading the Hawks to erase a 30pt deficit against the Celtics. Dejounte has 14asts with only 1 TO.

Question: What kind of tanking did Denver do to get in their position? What was Minnesota's path? What was Houston's?

Denver got a 2nd pick as their top player and was more of a hybrid. Minny was bad but also did a big-time trade for Rudy and another for Conley so it was not pure tank. Houston is a pure tank but are they really a great team? I think pure tank doesn't always work, but a hybrid one or one that works with the best qualities of the market you have is the best approach. Danny and Justin are good value finders in trades and drafts. The development program is good too. That the Jazz strength keep using it. And treat tanking like one of the options but not the primary one.

Denver was bad for several years. They picked Mudiay and Jamal Murray in the top 7 of back-to-back drafts. They were also a late lottery team when they drafted Donovan Mitchell for us in 2017 and then took a chance on Michael Porter Jr. in 2018. So their core was Jokic, Murray and MPJ. Then they were able to put together a trade for Aaron Gordon and recruit a couple of key free agents, like Caldwell-Pope and Bruce Brown. Losing Jeramy Grant in free agency was a setback. Obviously getting the best player in the league in the 2nd round in 2014 was a coup.

Last edited:
Crazy that Houston would be tied for 10th with the Warriors if Golden State loses on the road against Miami tonight. What a run they've gone on

Crazy that Houston would be tied for 10th with the Warriors if Golden State loses on the road against Miami tonight. What a run they've gone on
Even more impressive is that they have done it with being beat up by injuries. Luckily they had Landale chilling on the bench and he has been great for them since Sengun went down.

He was really damn special for us that 1 seed year until his Hammy got him.

That season of injury frustration.
Bogie's shooting hand
Mike's hammy
Most crucial: Donovan getting his ankle messed up a few weeks before playoffs because Sumner of Indiana leg-swept his foot as he landed.

Or maybe I'm co-mingling seasons........